• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Justin Trails meet up

I love me some Justin Trails.

Also, there are people that think Bird's Ruins is better than Wilderness?

Dangit, late to the party, and I was just talking last week about needing me some WI golf this year. T Swift tickets in Denver that weekend so I'll be bagging local garbage courses and likely hitting up the Bucksnort again.

Birds Ruins is a very nice course, however Wilderness is superior. I might even prefer Viroqua's Veteran Hills.

Last edited:
Decided to make it a family camping weekend. Booked the weekend at the Bluebird Campground outside of La Crosse. Gonna plan on getting there late Friday and heading home Sunday. It's not the closest place to Justin Trails, but we decided to make it a family trip, so I needed someplace that would occupy them while I'm out playing haha. Place looked pretty nice.

Just primitive sites, unless something has changed in the last few years. The lower level of the barn had a nice bathroom / shower available to campers. Plus a foosball table...

I remember thinking it was a bit spendy for what it is, pretty spot though. I was going to see what other camping was available nearby but haven't yet done that research.

Did you settle on anything? I was considering camping in Viroqua, although if I bring the girls, they probably going to want to stay somewhere with better bathrooms. Not sure if I'll bring them along yet though.

Did you settle on anything? I was considering camping in Viroqua, although if I bring the girls, they probably going to want to stay somewhere with better bathrooms. Not sure if I'll bring them along yet though.

I think I'm going to copy jakebake and stay at Bluebird. Thanks for the reminder, I was going to call and see if I need a reservation for a tent site.

I think I'm going to copy jakebake and stay at Bluebird. Thanks for the reminder, I was going to call and see if I need a reservation for a tent site.

Awesome! I've never been there, but it looks like a pretty decent spot for a family trip. Little glitzy for my preferences, but, it should do for my wife and kids while I abandon them for the day lol

We'll probably stay in La Crosse that night. I'd like to bag Goose Island over that way on Sunday since it was underwater last weekend, then Double Barrel on the way back. Maybe Pettibone again since that was also underwater :mad:

Welp, I guess I need to look into staying at Bluebird. Perhaps we can figure out a carpool situation from there. :hfive:

I was thinking of getting one of the tent sites at Justin Trails (hot shower sounds nice), but maybe I need to rethink that if everyone is staying somewhere else. I almost booked it a few weeks ago. Sometimes procrastination pays off.

I was thinking of getting one of the tent sites at Justin Trails (hot shower sounds nice), but maybe I need to rethink that if everyone is staying somewhere else. I almost booked it a few weeks ago. Sometimes procrastination pays off.

So you're gonna make the trip for sure? That'd be awesome 👍

I'll be down your way for some Dead and Co. At Wrigley in a few weeks too. Tight schedule but maybe we could get a round in.

So you're gonna make the trip for sure? That'd be awesome 👍

I'll be down your way for some Dead and Co. At Wrigley in a few weeks too. Tight schedule but maybe we could get a round in.

I'm in for sure. Wife already signed the permission slip. Just need to work out the details.

Nice! I'm going to the Saturday show. If schedules align, I'd for sure be down to get a round in while you're down this way.

Alright, Let's hammer out some details. Seems like the crew is set now.

So Saturday is the day. What time are we thinking? Me and Alyssa will have to work the night before, usually get home about 11:30 so don't early bird us too much :D. We're about an hour and a half away or so.

Then are we just going to dive into Big Brother right away, play Classic as a warm up first, Classic as a cool down round?

I'd think Big Bro first with such a large group. Classic as a wind down kind of deal. Just spitballin' ideas.

And if anyone is down for Veteran Hills on Sunday...

I'm open for whatever. We will probably get to our campsite at bluebird later Friday afternoon, and I think it's like a 45 min drive over. My kids will have up with the sun, so whatever works for everyone else will work for me.

I'm down to start whenever, plenty of daylight that time of year. I'll just comment that the earlier we start the better chance of a bonus round in / near La Crosse :)

I like the idea of starting on Big Brother. When playing multi course complexes that is usually what I do. But open to be persuaded otherwise.

Veterans on Sunday was what I was planning, glad to have the wolfhaley's and anyone else on board.

I'm fine with whatever start time and order on Saturday and can likely join for Veterans on Sunday.

My ideal plan:
Take a vacation day on Friday, drive up and play Wilderness, and then go setup camp.
Saturday play both courses at Justin Trails. Anything else is a bonus.
Veterans on Sunday and then drive home.

I'm open for whatever. We will probably get to our campsite at bluebird later Friday afternoon, and I think it's like a 45 min drive over. My kids will have up with the sun, so whatever works for everyone else will work for me.

You got the kiddo situation. It's a lot easier for the rest of us. You're going to love Justin Trails. You'll sleep well that night too :D

I'm down to start whenever, plenty of daylight that time of year. I'll just comment that the earlier we start the better chance of a bonus round in / near La Crosse :)

I like the idea of starting on Big Brother. When playing multi course complexes that is usually what I do. But open to be persuaded otherwise.

Veterans on Sunday was what I was planning, glad to have the wolfhaley's and anyone else on board.

It seems to make the most sense to me. Get the big boy outta the way first. Classsic is fun too, it'd be a nice second round. Plus you get to look up that big ass hill and be glad you already played that. I figured you'd be down for Veteran Hills too. We'll probably play Double Barrel on our way back home too if you're interested in that. Are you playing Wilderness the next day still?

I'm fine with whatever start time and order on Saturday and can likely join for Veterans on Sunday.

My ideal plan:
Take a vacation day on Friday, drive up and play Wilderness, and then go setup camp.
Saturday play both courses at Justin Trails. Anything else is a bonus.
Veterans on Sunday and then drive home.

My man!!! :hfive:

Have you played Veteran's?

How about an 11 am tee time for Saturday at Big Brother. $10 per player according to Udisc. Classic course after that. Google maps tells me 35 minutes to Bluebird from JT. Playrecords, elmex, BTL, Count, Jake, and the wolf's. 7 total. Easily done.

We'll all be in the area so Veteran's can be sorted out on Saturday. Or a bonus LAX course like playrecords said :D

Does this sound good?