• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Meet up - Minnesota 2024 - July 13th/14th

Now trying to figure out which year to put together a bid for KC as the meetup spot...
Nothing illegal with having multiple DGCR meet-up opportunities in the same year, heh heh.

I have family in central Missouri. A KC meet-up would be more likely for me.

So I'll be in Denver in the middle of August this year so August is out for me. unless it's the first or last weekend. BTW come and join me at Growlfest Denver!

Growlfest 2024: Bear Pride Weekend ;)

I'm thinking July or September which are both leading the polls right now.

While I'm 13 hours away, I lived in Minneapolis once and could possibly be enticed to go back. Hell, I moved there on 24 hour notice so a few months is nothing. No promises.
Will be fun times and would be great to have you join in. I've enjoyed throwing with a few of these folks before and they are all chill dudes. 13 hour drive is easy...

Haha I clicked September I didn't read the 2024 part of the December 12 poll closes. I was testing the system.

Take that f××kers.

Those cabins just plywood shacks in MN?

Who knew a plywood shack could have such high property taxes? Well this is Minnesota...

Will be fun times and would be great to have you join in. I've enjoyed throwing with a few of these folks before and they are all chill dudes. 13 hour drive is easy...

I've played with the same ones as you and even a couple more, including Hampy.

Playing Caeser Ford and Echo Valley with Hamp was one of my favorite disc golf days ever. Great courses and great stories. I got a sweet Ohio Wizard he gave me hanging up on my wall right now. Chillest dude there is. You guys would get along great.

C'mon @Hampstead, make it happen 👏 👏 👏

Now trying to figure out which year to put together a bid for KC as the meetup spot...

I'd be down for a KC meetup at some point. Not at Kessler though I hope...:LOL:

I love that course... and haven't been since February of '22. Gonna stay clear until they get the park improvement done and hopefully that changes the area some.

While I'm 13 hours away, I lived in Minneapolis once and could possibly be enticed to go back. Hell, I moved there on 24 hour notice so a few months is nothing. No promises.

Season 6 GIF by Paramount+

I'm driving 24ish hours you pansy! First round of beers or puff is on me, depending on your preferences hehe. My rule is: If I'm camping, I'm getting messed up.

With love,

Thomas, AKA sillybizz

BTW I've played with Wolf and Playrecords before, they can vouch for me that I'm proper on a first date ;)

^ That would be awesome. (y)

I hope @BuiltTooLong and @Countchunkula can make it too. They were a blast to play with at last years meet up, and again with BTL about a month later in Dubuque.

I'm not sure where @jakebake91 has been but hopefully he pops up again too. He'd been wanting to get over to MN anyway and is always a blast to play a round with.

elmex is out course bagging again. Crazy bastard. I'd give it a week before he sees this thread but I'm sure he'll be down. Chain's Edge is actually the place we first played together at. It'd be cool to do it again, plus it's not too far from him.
i played a bunch of garbage (next time i just need to go out west)

yah im 100% down

also at chains edge the camping is dirt cheap

yes plenty of bugs and plenty of ticks
Permethrin check. 100% deet check. Still come out looking like a small pox survivor, probably check?

I don't know Minnesota bugs from experience, but I've seen some on tv.

Last time I was at Chains Edge it looked like tent camping only? Would be nice to bring my small pop-up camper if all worked out on my end.

I'd be down for a KC meetup at some point. Not at Kessler though I hope...:LOL:
KC is nearly identical drive time for me as Chains Edge and I haven't been there yet, so I'd be interested in that for sure.

There are multiple spots that would accommodate a pop-up in the camping area. No utilities though. Also pack in - pack out regarding garbage.

Latest posts