• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Meet up - Minnesota 2024 - July 13th/14th

both of those work for me

also i probably have the lowest drive time outta anyone attending so i wont be a super loud voice in picking dates

so far i only have july 4th weekend booked

Alyssa's got the 4th weekend booked up already too. That's why I figured we might as well lock the offical date down. You're the closest with playrecords being next. We're probably third closest at a little over 4 hours away.

I'm going to try to finally knock out Mont Du Lac while I'm up that way too. And Wrenshall again, obviously ;)

I think that both would work, but I've got backpacking permits put in for July and I don't know which dates will 'hit'. This means, don't plan around me but I'll do my very best to make it unless a permit hits at a bad time.

Andrew

So how does everyone feel about July 13th and 14? That's Saturday and Sunday. I'll be there for a week or more so if you can't get enough bizz' you're more than welcome to join me on any of the other days too.

Works for me.

As long as those dates stand, I'm going to request a day or two off around that weekend. With the wife and the boss. Shouldn't be any problems though.

Chains edge still the meet up spot?

Chains edge still the meet up spot?
Putting it on the calendar. I think Chains Edge is a great idea. Fantastic courses and won't have to worry about too much traffic. Also great camping and guaranteed a raging bonfire to hang out around. Another added bonus is a great bar / restaurant just down the road for breakfast and / or dinner.

That'd be my vote. Anyone attending this will love that place. 👍

I'm going to plan on finally hitting up Mont du Lac up in Superior afterwards. Figured I'd toss that out there too.

Been thinking about that course for a long time now. I hear it's extreme elevation and just extreme in general. I've played at Solitude mountain throwing off cliffs. I've played in Moab where even the drive in is trying to kill me. I've played played swamps, deserts, forests, wet land. I've played in pouring down rain, in deep snow while snowing, 110f degree heat, -21f degree frozen tundra. The highest point in Wisconsin is like 2300 feet. Bitch I live at 4700 feet above sea level, play all the time at 6500 and have played at elevations upward of 10,000. Bring it on WI, as of right now I'm skeptical.

angry panties GIF

lol

Been thinking about that course for a long time now. I hear it's extreme elevation and just extreme in general. I've played at Solitude mountain throwing off cliffs. I've played in Moab where even the drive in is trying to kill me. I've played played swamps, deserts, forests, wet land. I've played in pouring down rain, in deep snow while snowing, 110f degree heat, -21f degree frozen tundra. The highest point in Wisconsin is like 2300 feet. Bitch I live at 4700 feet above sea level, play all the time at 6500 and have played at elevations upward of 10,000. Bring it on WI, as of right now I'm skeptical.

I see you didn't mention rivers. You and those don't get along too well it seems. 😜

I also never claimed it was extreme. I've just never been there before. I think White Cedar is the only top 25 course in WI I haven't played yet. That needs to change ;)

Fun Fact: I did try to play it a few years ago. Planned a whole trip around that actually. Turns out the course was closed for the week I was up there for "Archery Fest". I found out about halfway up there from a PM on DGCR from Tallpaul lol. Now that's the most WI sounding thing I've ever heard of, "Archery Fest". The silver lining was I was able to smash out everything else up there. AND elmex happened to be in Duluff at the same time.

I got it on the schedule. Don't know that I'll be camping, but I can commute.

Bizz, if you're playing courses around the Twin Cities earlier in that week (or earlier in the next), I would be happy to join you.

I got it on the schedule. Don't know that I'll be camping, but I can commute.

Bizz, if you're playing courses around the Twin Cities earlier in that week (or earlier in the next), I would be happy to join you.

It would be fun to meet you and play some courses! I just got to meet some of my review hero's from this past week and had a blast. I've never been disappointed meeting people from DGCR and I'm grateful for that. NO pressure lol.