• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

dgNomad Target

65 dollars should cover 18 of these easily....I can't see 18 of these being worth the 1,175 it would cost...

:popcorn:
Act now and you can get 18 for a discounted rate of only $878*!!!
*UV reactive chains and black-lights are an additional cost

icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

At $30, I'd buy one or two. At $65, it's out of my range for what it is, though I can see a market for it even at $40 a set.

If they are trying to target scout camps/organizations, then they are going about it wrong. No leader that I know of would spend $65 bucks per unit. Are the chains metal? How do they stand up to the elements even if they are temporary, they need to be able to withstand rain, sun, and wind. As a scout leader, I wouldnt waste my money on these for $65 a unit. Maybe $20-$30 like someone else said, but we can get very gently used high quality brand name tents for under $60 bucks for campouts. Many troops/packs in our area like to keep it cheap and keep it fun, this keeps it fun because I always take a putter or two to meeting for the kids to huck around, but Im not prepared to spend $65 bucks on this. We could have the kids make one or two or 10 for under $65 and meet some merit badge requirements. Im just wondering how much they make off of each unit.

With what I'm seeing net profit is what its all about with these so called targets.

Hmmm... I wonder just how much manufacturing these people who are complaining about the price do...

These are hand-made, custom light-wieght targets. They are going to be more expensive than a chinese factory equivalent. That said, my estimate of the materials cost would be around the $30 mark, knowing how much machined steel and aluminium cost.

I am just going to agree with the general sentiment that these are mostly useless and overly expensive.

They have 5 likes on facebook lol. Sounds like someone did a ton of work for something that will never turn a profit.

I realize this thread is a little old, but thought I would post my experience with these targets.
I purchased 3 of these targets for the current price of 3 @ $137 (1 = $48, 9 = $367).
I have had them for about 1.5 months.

The targets are actually well made, and best of all very portable.
The "poles" are all made out what looks like fiber glass tent pole material, with shock cord running
through them to keep the poles into their slots.
There is one aluminum tube used to add height to the vertical pole.

The target does break down to a nice size and comes in a cloth bag.
I got the UV glow chains on mine and they work great for night throwing.
They stand up fine using the included stake.
Not really any part that i notice on them that would rust if got wet.

I have been using mine mostly as temporary targets on my property as I test out hole layouts for a
home course. Also use it for putting and target practice.
They make a bit of a sound when hit, but nothing as loud as a metal basket.
The target can spin around its axis, so you can visibly see the chains/target move.

I also packed the 3 targets on my motorcycle for a 3 day camping trip in KY. setup a 6 tee, 3 basket course in the woods by our camp site and had alot of fun. I definitely could not have done that with
an Instep or other "portable" basket.

All in All, I think i got my moneys worth with these targets. They met my needs for true portability.

I can provide more details like measurements and such if anyone wants the information.

I can't tech which business idea was worse - this "basket" or that giant disc beeper. Either way they are both going to lose money.

I realize this thread is a little old, but thought I would post my experience with these targets.
I purchased 3 of these targets for the current price of 3 @ $137 (1 = $48, 9 = $367).
I have had them for about 1.5 months.

The targets are actually well made, and best of all very portable.
The "poles" are all made out what looks like fiber glass tent pole material, with shock cord running
through them to keep the poles into their slots.
There is one aluminum tube used to add height to the vertical pole.

The target does break down to a nice size and comes in a cloth bag.
I got the UV glow chains on mine and they work great for night throwing.
They stand up fine using the included stake.
Not really any part that i notice on them that would rust if got wet.

I have been using mine mostly as temporary targets on my property as I test out hole layouts for a
home course. Also use it for putting and target practice.
They make a bit of a sound when hit, but nothing as loud as a metal basket.
The target can spin around its axis, so you can visibly see the chains/target move.

I also packed the 3 targets on my motorcycle for a 3 day camping trip in KY. setup a 6 tee, 3 basket course in the woods by our camp site and had alot of fun. I definitely could not have done that with
an Instep or other "portable" basket.

All in All, I think i got my moneys worth with these targets. They met my needs for true portability.

I can provide more details like measurements and such if anyone wants the information.

Thanks for the insightful review. These things look awesome for the application you've found for them.

I don't get all the hate. Its one thing to be skeptical guys, but the negative bashing needs to find its way out please.

Man if they costed a little less id love a couple for my practice field. Lightweight and may be great for cook outs with non disc golfers to turn them on to the sport. 45$ maybe.

Thanks for the insightful review. These things look awesome for the application you've found for them.

I don't get all the hate. Its one thing to be skeptical guys, but the negative bashing needs to find its way out please.

You don't have to be skeptical of something that is not a mystery, it's a couple plastic chains that serve no purpose of grabbing the disc. This thing is a tone pole without the tone. There is a reason that this website has "review" in it's title, not all reviews are positive.

I can't tech which business idea was worse - this "basket" or that giant disc beeper. Either way they are both going to lose money.

I'm sorry, but this is not a review. It is bashing. This site could be a powerful tool to grow the sport and attract new members to its community, whether vendor or player. My comments are merely in advocacy of this ideal.

I'm sorry, but this is not a review. It is bashing. This site could be a powerful tool to grow the sport and attract new members to its community, whether vendor or player. My comments are merely in advocacy of this ideal.

Who said everything on this site has to be a Review?

You are bashing my comment by calling my comment a bashing. Take your bashing out of here.

When you are done look up the word "opinion" in a dictionary and then try to understand why people have different ones.

Then you can call me cuz i've got an ice cream cone with no cone to sell you, but if you dare tell me it has no cone I will call you a basher!

Last edited:
Might be good to pack along on a camping trip. Not at that price though. Rather put ribbons on a tree.