• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2018 Discraft Ledgestone Insurance Open

Don't count Cynthia Ricciotti out of it yet. She had an absolutely stonking moving day at the GBO, so she's got it in her to do it again!

She is going to be fun watch, isn't she. Looking at the current leaderboard, and who she is currently beating in the field, it is hard to believe that she is only in her mid teens (I think, right?). Was she the competitor who was on the Waterworks version of champs vs. chumps?

She is going to be fun watch, isn't she. Looking at the current leaderboard, and who she is currently beating in the field, it is hard to believe that she is only in her mid teens (I think, right?). Was she the competitor who was on the Waterworks version of champs vs. chumps?

She's 15. (We're good friends. SO PROUD OF HER!)

Well....pretty sure Paul's not coming back to win this one.

Paul Ulibarri had an interesting opinion about courses and the top pros on Smashboxx's podcast. He was basically saying that all events needs to be like Ledgestone and USDGC, with more OB and stroke and distance to allow for different players to have a chance at the win. If you look at the leaderboard, this tourney is proving his point.

Well....pretty sure Paul's not coming back to win this one.

Paul Ulibarri had an interesting opinion about courses and the top pros on Smashboxx's podcast. He was basically saying that all events needs to be like Ledgestone and USDGC, with more OB and stroke and distance to allow for different players to have a chance at the win. If you look at the leaderboard, this tourney is proving his point.

That's why I tune out about midway through the season. All those snoozefest hyzer courses that the same 2-3 players win at ALL the time because they can putt AND throw 500ft hyzer. This stretch is the best because it tests the WHOLE game...not just the lawn dart distance hyzer snoozefest that our game is continuing to cater to and baby.

Courses like this test all the shots and what's between the ears. So glad Worlds this year is where it's at.

Look at FPO. Paige is not going to win either. I'm rooting for Bjerkaas, or Weese. Hokom might come back, but it'd be cool to see some fresh faces take home a big win.

I think the game needs a mix. Wide open, artificial OB, water, woods...etc. There is a challenge to every style of course, and it's all good.

Was there ever any advertisement about there being a cut line for the last day? I heard many a players ask about that and said they never heard anything prior to the tourney.

NOTE- I am not playing ledgestone was just curious about this.

Good find! Is that the only place it was posted? Not that it matters, just asking.

I don't recall off-hand where else I saw it but it wasn't any big secret. And 132 is a pretty big number for a cut actually.

I don't know how much you guys pay for milk, but I'm from the so-called Dairy state but damn, they're killing it down here. 99 cents a gallon or $0.59 a half gallon and then includes chocolate milk -- wtf is going on down here, is this Chinese freaking milk or what?

Maybe it's just one of the ways they keep people living down here in BFE! Driving around here is really something, country roads with corn 16 ft high, it's insane.

So one guy said to me, I'm expecting Joe Jackson to come out of there anytime, referring to the 16 feet tall corn. So I'm thinking why the hell would Michael Jackson's father be coming out of the cornfield? So then he said, you know I mean Shoeless Joe Jackson right?
:doh:

The thing with this course, you can lose a lot of strokes on a single hole. The best game plan for all of them is to stay in bounds, take strokes on the easy holes. I say Risley needs to shoot 7 under to win.