• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 Discraft's Portland Open presented by Bevel Craft Brewing May 25-27

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/40686
https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourn...resented_by_Bevel_Craft_Brewing_2019/register
https://udisclive.com/live/portlandopen2019

https://portlandopendg.com/

Welcome to the Portland Open!

The 2019 Portland Open is the inagural edition of this Disc Golf Pro Tour event. The Open brings a world class disc golf event back to Metro Portland for the first time since the 2014 PDGA Pro World Championship. Following in the footsteps of the legendary Portland-area event, the Beaver State Fling, the Portland Open is happy to be partnering with the Stumptown Disc Golf Club and Metro Parks.

Blue Lake Disc Golf Course is an elite tournament venue that serves as an ideal showcase for disc golf's top professionals. Taking place over Memorial Day Weekend, the Portland Open is more than a disc golf tournament, but will also feature craft beer, local food trucks, sport and art vendors and festival games to enjoy.

https://www.dgpt.com/portland-open-spectator-info.html

Portland. Home of the Beaver State Fling, one of the most prestigious National Tour events for over a decade. Home of the 2014 Pro Worlds which featured the epic four hole playoff between Paul McBeth and Ricky Wysocki. This would serve as foreshadowing for the dominance of our sport for the next five years.

In 2019, the Pro Tour brings high stakes disc golf back to Blue Lake, a course designed by Dave Feldberg. With Pro Worlds TD Jeff Spring managing the event and Zoe Andyke and Dustin Keegan providing ground support, the Portland Open is set to thrill for years to come. See you this Memorial Day weekend!

FPO is live at 12pm and MPO is live 6:30pm Sat-Sun-Mon(Memorial Day) Doesn't specify if its DGPTv and/or YT.

Jomez will be on postpro

I would like to see this tourney but I'm holding out for one more week or so to attend the BSF. Really looking forward to that one.

Home of the 2014 Pro Worlds which featured the epic four hole playoff between Paul McBeth and Ricky Wysocki.

Actually, it was a 5 hole sudden-death playoff and it was absolutely epic. Hands down the best, most thrilling disc golf I have ever witnessed, or seen on video.

Last edited:
I would like to see this tourney but I'm holding out for one more week or so to attend the BSF. Really looking forward to that one.

Actually, it was a 5 hole sudden-death playoff and it was absolutely epic. Hands down the best, most thrilling disc golf I have ever witnessed, or seen on video.

Lol... Dodge wasn't paying attention too much for that one. I actually fixed a couple typos on it before posting...

https://www.facebook.com/pg/DiscGolfProTour/posts/?ref=page_internal
The MPO Fan Vote is underway for the Bevel Craft Brewing Portland Open presented by Discraft Disc Golf. There are four feature cards for the event. The top four fan vote earners will make their way onto a card.

The Live Feature Card will include 2nd in Tour Points Ricky "Sockibomb" Wysocki, 3rd in Tour Points Eagle McMahon, and sponsor choice Paul Ulibarri along with the winner of the fan vote.

The JomezPro feature card will include sponsor choice Michael Johansen MJ, event choice Eric Oakley, Nate Sexton (tentatively), and 2nd in the fan vote.

The CentralCoastDiscGolf feature card will include sponsor choice Austin Hannum, event choice Dustin Keegan, Matt Orum, and 3rd in the fan vote.

The fourth feature card will include sponsor choice Adam Hammes, event choice Scott Withers, James W Conrad III, and 4th in the fan vote.

You can vote by liking, commenting, and sharing the images of the players listed below. Each like is worth one point, each comment is worth three points, and each share is worth ten points. Only one comment and share per player per person. Voting ends Wednesday at 5 PM ET.

Alex Russell | Calvin Heimburg | Kevin Jones | Andrew Preznell | Jeremy "Big Jerm" Koling | Philo Brathwaite | Josh Anthon | Chris Clemons | Reid Frescura | Anthony Barela

The FPO Fan Vote for Bevel Craft Brewing Portland Open presented by Discraft Disc Golf is underway. Like, Comment, and Share your favorite player's photo for a chance for them to be on one of two feature cards.

The Live Feature Card will include 2018 Disc Golf Pro Tour Champion Sarah Hokom and runner-up Catrina Allen alongside sponsor choice Vanessa Van Dyken and the winner of the fan vote.

The Post-Produced Feature Card filmed by Par Save Productions will include sponsor choice Hailey King, event choice Zoe AnDyke, and the second and third place in the fan vote.

Votes for the following players are tallied by one point for each like, three points for each comment, and ten points for each share. Users are allowed one comment and share per player per day. The fan vote ends Wednesday night at 5 PM ET.

Paige Pierce | Rebecca Cox - Disc Golf | Jessica weese | Madison Walker | Callie McMorran | Charlotte Towle | Holly Finley | Missy Gannon #85942 | Madison Tomaino

So this is a big Discraft event. . and Paul is not playing?!

If we go by the notion that having their name on it makes it a "big Discraft event", then he's missing a bunch of those over the course of the year. As with everything else, there are varying degrees of how much influence a company has with a given event (even if their name is in the title). I'm guessing Discraft's name is on the Portland event for the same reason that Bevel is on it...the Dosses are heavily involved. So it's not as though this is a flagship Discraft tournament like Memorial or Ledgestone are. Yes, it's DGPT, but it's not at the level of "all hands on deck" for the sponsored team like those other events.

Noteworthy is that by skipping the Oregon swing, McBeth is going to attend the KC Wide Open, a Discraft sponsored event where he is the headliner in terms of Discraft team members. As opposed to Portland and BSF where many other top Discraft players will be there (Uli, MJ, etc). From a sponsor perspective, there is some strategy to spreading the team around a bit from time to time.

Noteworthy is that by skipping the Oregon swing, McBeth is going to attend the KC Wide Open, a Discraft sponsored event where he is the headliner in terms of Discraft team members. As opposed to Portland and BSF where many other top Discraft players will be there (Uli, MJ, etc). From a sponsor perspective, there is some strategy to spreading the team around a bit from time to time.
From a fan perspective it's an incredible bummer McBeth will miss both our local tour events. It sort of diminishes them... :(

Two years ago I would have said Paul being gone was a bummer. Today, there is just too much talent for me to fuss about it. I know I'm gonna see great play by any of six or eight players. That is good enough for me.

There are ten players rated over 1030, that is amazing!

BTW - has anyone noticed that Seppo seems to be the go to name of Lat now? That is awesome. I'd love to see him get up over 1040.

There are ten players rated over 1030, that is amazing!

BTW - has anyone noticed that Seppo seems to be the go to name of Lat now? That is awesome. I'd love to see him get up over 1040.

I thought Seppo was sponsored by Prodigy?

prodigy-PA-1-400G-seppo-paju-sig-orange_900x.jpg

Latest posts