• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Championship New Format...How Does It work?

Good stuff here, Holyn exasperated, cursing, falling apart. Will she be able to scrape through the woods and pull it it off on the open holes?

As a viewer, I don't care for this course at all. I'm not enjoying watching it, and the players don't appear to be enjoying themselves either. They drive and hit a tree, then scramble and a hit a tree, and then they are left with a putt from circle two or beyond. Wash, rinse and repeat. This course is the polar opposite of those wide open golf courses, but just as predictable and boring.
So they get my normal woods golf experience just with longer holes? 🤣

As a viewer, I don't care for this course at all. I'm not enjoying watching it, and the players don't appear to be enjoying themselves either. They drive and hit a tree, then scramble and a hit a tree, and then they are left with a putt from circle two or beyond. Wash, rinse and repeat. This course is the polar opposite of those wide open golf courses, but just as predictable and boring.
Hard disagree, pure kino here.

DGN down but the hole 18 livestream on Youtube currently featuring a hot mic capturing some F bombs and accusations of rudeness amongst FPO players as they finish.

Well, they were off camera so couldn't identify who was speaking but it was I think after the group Weese was in finished.
Most people observed her to take a 7 but it ending up being a 9 on udisc so maybe that was at the center of it. They originally had her as a 7 and she looked to be in based on seeding but then it became a 9.

Someone was accused of being rude to everyone else and then came the questioning of how long someone had been playing.

Didn't sound like it had anything to do with Reese? Though at the beginning you hear someone counting strokes and say "I have it at 10".

About a minute later a separate conversation gets a bit heated and it sound's like someone's trying to get Cat to chill the f out?

Looks like Holyn and Ella had a tough time at Nevin. I recall the course being extremely challenging, with a lot of holes that feel very long for tight lines you got to hit. Most of the time, I teed off with a Comet or 150 class Storm... glidey, sneaky long mids I can really control well.

Congrats to Jennifer Allen and Stacey Rawnsley for making the cut sans bonus strokes.

To each their own, and I will gladly admit I likely have some homer bias, but I absolutely love watching this course. But Nevin was the first course I ever even considered giving a 5.0 Star rating to on here, and I felt all of the fairways were extremely fair, but ultra demanding/challenging. If the Hole 1 they were playing was a permanent hole, giving the course one more quality, permanent open hole on the course I think I would have given it a 5.0 rating.

I haven't played the new temporary holes and some of the slight tweaks that have been made to the course for this year, but I imagine the course just hasn't been "figured out" by the field yet. While I haven't had the chance to watch much of FPO coverage yet because of work, but MPO seemed to do well yesterday. It's definitely possible to stay on the fairways at Nevin, but there are definitely holes I don't even play for birdie on.

To each their own, and I will gladly admit I likely have some homer bias, but I absolutely love watching this course. But Nevin was the first course I ever even considered giving a 5.0 Star rating to on here, and I felt all of the fairways were extremely fair, but ultra demanding/challenging. If the Hole 1 they were playing was a permanent hole, giving the course one more quality, permanent open hole on the course I think I would have given it a 5.0 rating.

I haven't played the new temporary holes and some of the slight tweaks that have been made to the course for this year, but I imagine the course just hasn't been "figured out" by the field yet. While I haven't had the chance to watch much of FPO coverage yet because of work, but MPO seemed to do well yesterday. It's definitely possible to stay on the fairways at Nevin, but there are definitely holes I don't even play for birdie on.
I have enjoyed watching the mpo this afternoon, but it was very punishing for the fpo field.

I can relate to your homer bias. Watching the pros play a course you're very familiar with is very entertaining.

I watched the first 5 holes last night after playing a glow round. Nate and Nate didn't seem too much into it. It was hard for them to create false drama in this format. They even admitted that need need to keep their biases in check toward certain players.

I watched the first 5 holes last night after playing a glow round. Nate and Nate didn't seem too much into it. It was hard for them to create false drama in this format. They even admitted that need need to keep their biases in check toward certain players.

Who do you think they were referring to?

Format turned out to be every bit as bad as I thought it would be. If they are not inclined to go back to the old format, maybe just a conventional four round tournament for the championship would be better.

Back when the DGPT was trying to get off the ground, the whole "tour points matter" deal was to encourage the best players to participate. They all do now, and I'm sure their various sponsors encourage as much participation as possible.

Attach cash payouts to final rankings and keep the size of the final field in place. Using Maple Hill for the Championship and having it two weeks before the USDGC would give this thing a whole differnt vibe...maybe start to give it the prestige it's to this point lacked.

Last edited:
Who do you think they were refering to?

Format turned out to be every bit as bad as I thought it would be. If they are not inclined to go back to the old format, maybe just a conventional four round tournament for the championship would be better.

Back when the DGPT was trying to get off the ground, the whole "tour points matter" deal was to encourage the best players to participate. They all do now, and I'm sure their various sponsors encourage as much participation as possible.

Attach cash payouts to final rankings and keep the size of the final field in place. Using Maple Hill for the Championship and having it two weeks before the USDGC would give this thing a whole differnt vibe...maybe start to give it the prestige it's to this point lacked.

They didn't directly name Calvin, who was the first player that popped into my mind, specifically with Doss's bias against him.

I was only half watching, IIRC it was in reference to lower ranked players who end up higher up on the leader board than they expect, such as Ezra Robinson.

Very odd round in FPO. . strong F9 from KT then it all went sideways
Kind of strange that a injured +45y old can outplay the best young players in a sport

Very odd round in FPO. . strong F9 from KT then it all went sideways
Kind of strange that a injured +45y old can outplay the best young players in a sport

Yes, Kristin somehow lost her mojo on the back nine. Ohn is shooting solid with 4 birdies in a row.

Kristin's footwork seems off a bit on her drives. She is either going far left or far right of her intended lines.

One thing to note is the group just over rode the spotter's spot for Kristin's OB drive on 17, so it is not uncommon for this to happen.

Also, Ohn is 42, but your point is well taken, lol.

Latest posts