• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Live Coverage Will Be Paywalled

I'll say that without any of the other major sports, I'm very happy that I subbed to DGN. At least I get to enjoy some form of live competition.

(not that any of that had bearing on my decision to sign up, already did that before the leagues shut down)

Yea, I hadn't planned on it for a few reasons I laid out earlier in this thread. Circumstances changed a bit, won $500 on a scratch off ticket the day after my old laptop starting fritzing out on me. Had a few bucks left over and wanted to see how he did. If there had been a Postpro crew on the group, I may not have done it.

I thought about them propably posting the live recording on youtube the next day. In my case it's not worth paying for the live broadcast anyway, as I could never watch it due to the time difference. But if they would post the live recording next day on youtube, we could watch at least the live card which is not covered by any of the other companies. Never heard someone mentioning that, just wondering, thought that could be good for both sides. For the DGPT to make money and all the people who really want to watch the live broadcast there is DGN and all the others who want to watch the feature card but either don't want to watch the live broadcast or, for whatever reason, don't want to pay for it, there would be the possibility to watch the recording the next day for free, just like the other filmed cards.
Their plan is to keep the live coverage available for playback behind the paywall. It's unlikely you'll ever see the live coverage converted to free YouTube (except for the final rounds).

On the Disc Golf Pro Tour Youtube side they turned off the Commentarys. Nearly all Negativ because off the paywall!
Hope the paywall thing doesnt work!

I hope it works so well it raises huge amount of money for the tour. Imagine if the broadcasting money is so lucrative that the Tour could buy more cameras, get better transmission gear, hire more video crew, or add thousands of dollars to the purse at each event. They're not going to be able to make that much money selling ads to Innova for YouTube viewing.

DGPT W.A.C.O. live coverage coming on early today. 1:30Eastern/12:30Central

And now I'm sad that my money this month is only getting me 2 rounds.

At least I did monthly payment so I cancelled for April. Wonder what sort of scaling refund they will give, if any?

And now I'm sad that my money this month is only getting me 2 rounds.

At least I did monthly payment so I cancelled for April. Wonder what sort of scaling refund they will give, if any?

actually only one. The final round is free on YouTube.

The coverage was great! It was really nice to see both lead and chase card. It made it very interesting.
They just need to do better graphics.

This is basically my exact thoughts every time.... the commentary is hard to sit through. I think the video quality for live is pretty good though when they are in good spots.

The commentary is weird. I can't put my finger on why it is bad, but it just makes me uncomfy.

I think Jamie Thomas is a tool and completely jealous of Brodie. Jamie is what was bad about the commentary.

Went with the option to "gift" a 3 month sub to myself to cover everything from DGLO to the end of the season. Very happy with it so far. I like watching DG broadcasts the same lazy way I used to watch PGA tourneys. Not enough content to get me to sub year-round. Probably nothing they could do to get 12 months out of me, to be honest. And I'm happy with the quality of commentary and camerawork for now, and they'll improve.

I just am not around for the live coverage. I generally am playing, but if not.....it is still my weekend and I have a substantial honey do list. Plus hockey is on and a way better watch. Post coverage can be checked out at the end of a workday, on the couch, right before bed.