• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: Nick Hyde

I know it's hard to spectate in the woods, but this crowd seems to be too close to the baskets. Too much jumping around to avoid getting hit by discs.

Also, I never like to complain about coverage, but the sound is lacking today. I have MPO turned up all the way on the computer and can barely hear the commentary, but then anything else (FPO, commercials) is blaring. Pretty annoying.

I suppose the commentators have to be in whisper mode because they are so close to the action in these woods. They don't have the advantage of keeping their distance like at open courses.

SmashBoxx update

Thanks to everyone for watching. No worries, you are not getting any April Fools joke out of me tonight. :) I am going to address a few things.

1. Audio: So, I changed up my system AGAIN. I am strictly using Vmix now rather than Wirecast & Vmix. So, I had to reimport all my assets. I had to reset all the volume levels of the commercials, and I did miss a few. Sorry about that beginning today. I did this, cause using the 2 systems was causing an issue with the audio/video sync (as seen in the SmashCutt from yesterday). This seems to have fixed it. I think it was much better after about the 4th hole.

2. Late start: We know that on hole 4 there is ALWAYS a 3 or 4 card (30 min) backup. And we didn't want to start and then get bogged down. So we decided to try and come in at hole 4 and record the earlier holes. I don't like how it worked out. I am not sure what we will do tomorrow when the weather is awful. The backups are gonna be worse. I am crossing my fingers for a weather cancellation. :thmbup:

3. Signal: GREAT! Wow. It is seriously awesome at this park.

Tune in tomorrow.

Just want to say I found the FPO action mixed in with the MPO action to be very good. I really like that and hope it will continue.

Thanks to everyone for watching. No worries, you are not getting any April Fools joke out of me tonight. :) I am going to address a few things.

1. Audio: So, I changed up my system AGAIN. I am strictly using Vmix now rather than Wirecast & Vmix. So, I had to reimport all my assets. I had to reset all the volume levels of the commercials, and I did miss a few. Sorry about that beginning today. I did this, cause using the 2 systems was causing an issue with the audio/video sync (as seen in the SmashCutt from yesterday). This seems to have fixed it. I think it was much better after about the 4th hole.

2. Late start: We know that on hole 4 there is ALWAYS a 3 or 4 card (30 min) backup. And we didn't want to start and then get bogged down. So we decided to try and come in at hole 4 and record the earlier holes. I don't like how it worked out. I am not sure what we will do tomorrow when the weather is awful. The backups are gonna be worse. I am crossing my fingers for a weather cancellation. :thmbup:

Tune in tomorrow.

Why don't they start the lead card a half hour later?

Why Lizzotte went hyzer where he went OB (16?) a complete mystery to me.

Simon's nom de plume is two things. Making very big over the top throws that he is capable of making. And taking very risky over the top throws that he might make. The second category has hurt him often enough. It seems at times, that he doesn't distinguish between the two. I've always thought that if he could, he'd have more success. Honestly, he's better this year, since the injury, than in the past. That is, I've seen fewer crazy throws.

Yes. It is Nick cancell-Hyde. Results after round 2 are official. I had guessed that the reason to cut the MPO field to 72 was to leave the possibility of a shotgun start if necessary, but perhaps they didn't want to.

Tough outcome for Paige P who had gotten the lead back after the first three holes before they went into weather delay.

Tough outcome for Paige P who had gotten the lead back after the first three holes before they went into weather delay.

That hurts for sure. So how many holes would they have had to play in order for them to "count" after the cancellation occurred? I know it takes 13 holes to make an official rated round, but not quite understanding why any holes played up until the cancellation do not count? :popcorn: Thx.

It's just another example of Rockwell hating on Plano. Just saying -- it's been going on forever. Hatfields v McCoys, Rockwellians v Planatians -- same same. Sad . . . . so sad.

Sometimes I hate being right, but I'm glad I skipped work on Friday instead of waiting to check out the "final" round today

That hurts for sure. So how many holes would they have had to play in order for them to "count" after the cancellation occurred? I know it takes 13 holes to make an official rated round, but not quite understanding why any holes played up until the cancellation do not count? :popcorn: Thx.

There is no real minimum number of holes. But there is a point where it is just impractical to go through all the scorecards to determine how many holes everyone completed and then what everyone's scores for just those holes were. Far simpler to throw out the whole round and be done with it.

Bear in mind that in most tournaments, it is done with a shotgun start so it's next to impossible to find common holes for the whole field.

Thanks to everyone for watching......

Tune in tomorrow.

Anybody want to do Fantasy Disc Golf against........this "Nostradamus".........

:clap::clap::clap:

Now that everyone is safe and the event is final, it's time to look at how the holes themselves performed.

Up is less "lucky". Right is more different scores.

A bigger dot means the hole had more influence in sorting players.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Report Card.png
    Report Card.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 244

Latest posts