• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

diablo dt

Is flexing beneficial for gateway discs only, or could it help with other discs?

I've got a couple teebirds(dx glo) that I'm trying to break in. Will flexing these help at all? Any other ideas on how to break discs in effectively(and somewhat quickly)?

I flex my dx tees too to make them fly straight out of the box. Flexing is a good way to break a disc in in 5 minutes. Note that I've tacoed some discs flexing them, and wasn't able to flex them back to anything close to the intended flight.

You can flex anything in, but I find Gateway's discs pretty stable out of the box. Flexing helps me get them to their intended flight pattern without using it for 6 months.

Mesaranger said:
With that being said would you flex in a Blurr or a Blaze?

For sure. And a flexed in Blurr is a beautiful thing, otherwise it flies like an illusion :).

Furthur said:
Mesaranger said:
With that being said would you flex in a Blurr or a Blaze?

For sure. And a flexed in Blurr is a beautiful thing, otherwise it flies like an illusion :).

I concur with Further on this. My Blurr was too overstable for my liking, so I flexed it in. At first I thought that I had way over flexed it, but it is great for long right turns and anny shots replacing my Road Runner. It seems to glide forever!

Bought an ultralight diablo dt 134 when I stopped by the gateway shop yesterday...wow. I tossed one about 350' which is one of my better backhand drives...and it went straight until the last 40'. I'm gonna try hyzer flipping it tonite and see how that goes. I didn't like the proto diablo I had but this one floats for ever...on a rope though too.