• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Disc brands you dislike

Disc brands you dislike

• Innova

Votes: 42 13.6%
  • Discraft

Votes: 33 10.7%
  • Discmania

Votes: 28 9.1%
  • Dynamic

Votes: 58 18.8%
  • Lat 64

Votes: 45 14.6%
  • Westside

Votes: 46 14.9%
  • Vibram

Votes: 90 29.1%
  • Legacy

• MVP

Votes: 74 23.9%
  • Prodigy

Votes: 131 42.4%
  • Daredevil

• Gateway

Votes: 48 15.5%
  • Millennium

Votes: 19 6.1%
  • DGA

Votes: 25 8.1%
  • Element Disc

Votes: 23 7.4%
  • Reptilian Disc Golf

Votes: 24 7.8%
  • Lightning

Votes: 46 14.9%
  • Prodiscus

Votes: 24 7.8%
  • Aerobie

Votes: 87 28.2%
  • Axiom

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • Kastaplast

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Ozone

Votes: 18 5.8%
  • Yikun

Votes: 56 18.1%
  • RPM Discs

Votes: 19 6.1%

• Total voters
I throw up a little every time I see someone with a fresh DD backpack full of color coordinated discs (red, white and blue or all white). It's getting more and more common.
Yup. These guys are why I don't like Trilogy. Well also that and their plastics suck

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Oh, I'm not that out of time. It just depends on what type of "cool" your speaking of.

Original birth of cool = small outliers and unique
This crowd is quiet

or

Mass market I want to be part of the image crowd type cool = Trilogy
This crowd is loud, obnoxious and loves attention.

I dont really see that with Trilogy, it seems to only affect the american part of the Trilogy, IE Dynamic Discs. There's a creepy cult vibe surrounding them, they got a lot of yes-men pushing their stuff for seemingly no reason at all. Its turning me off their brand, but I'm still bagging the Verdict. I get the same vibe from MVP fans, although they arent quite as visible in social media. I'm also bagging MVP discs ... I guess the actual product is way more important to me than the brand image

Nope. Trilogy is way too established now. The cool kids are throwing Kastaplast and Mint and Reptilian. Try to keep up with the times man.

Keeo up with the times yourself ;)
<hipster>
For you Johnny come latelys maybe. I was bagging Kastiplast since the only disc they had was the old mold Rask...almost 4 years
</hipster>

Tobu is were the cool kids are really at.

Being only 6 months in to playing disc golf (late to the party at age 50) I obviously haven't tried many of those brands, but I went with Innova. What bothers me is that I truly like their DX plastic (maybe because that's what I started out with) when brand new, but once it gets beat in, quickly I might add, the flight characteristics are very different. So I have the choice of either replacing my DX discs quite often or moving to another brand in which I like their better plastics. So I'm currently in the process of switching some of my disc over to Trilogy...love the Lucid/Opto and Fuzion/Gold feel (haven't tried BioFuzion yet).

TripleB

Being only 6 months in to playing disc golf (late to the party at age 50) I obviously haven't tried many of those brands, but I went with Innova. What bothers me is that I truly like their DX plastic (maybe because that's what I started out with) when brand new, but once it gets beat in, quickly I might add, the flight characteristics are very different. So I have the choice of either replacing my DX discs quite often or moving to another brand in which I like their better plastics. So I'm currently in the process of switching some of my disc over to Trilogy...love the Lucid/Opto and Fuzion/Gold feel (haven't tried BioFuzion yet).

TripleB

Huh???

What Innova disc are you throwing that doesn't come in a better plastic? Nothing in your sig anyway.

TripleB

Uh, hmm. So Star, G*, and Champion don't work for you? Rather than give up on Innova, try some of their discs in premium plastic.

I agree DX wears too quickly, so I don't carry it. Innova's good plastic is very much worth a look though, and the discs are durable enough to last years.

Huh???

What Innova disc are you throwing that doesn't come in a better plastic? Nothing in your sig anyway.

Sorry, I was typing, looked up, and part of the post I was putting up had disappeared. I obviously didn't remember everything I typed and left part of it out. The part I left out was that I like the DX plastic but it's basically the only Innova plastic I've found I like. The GStar is too soft, the Champion isn't grippy enough (for my taste), and the Star is fair but really pales (in my opinion) when compared to the Lucid plastic of my Truth.

Again, somehow part of my post got deleted and I failed to put everything back in there. My apologies!

TripleB

Well, Lucid is closer to Champ than Star, so not really an apples to apples comparison. The other thing about Innova plastics, they make so many discs that if you don't like how a particular run feels, wait 6 months to a year and it will be different.

Well, Lucid is closer to Champ than Star, so not really an apples to apples comparison. The other thing about Innova plastics, they make so many discs that if you don't like how a particular run feels, wait 6 months to a year and it will be different.

How long do I have to wait for the slippery Champion Banshees and Mambas to change? :)

How long do I have to wait for the slippery Champion Banshees and Mambas to change? :)

I've been waiting like 4 years for you to buy up all the Banshees. JL Banshee would be awesomeeeeeeee

Yeah, I feel like Innova's overall consistency level in plastic has decreased. Over a decade ago all Champion discs were that swirly marbled stuff that was just excellent. Only the lightweight ones were clear. Very consistent and a very good product. Today you have some good JL type stuff and then you have the Champion that Colossuses and Shrykes are made of. Its this weird semi-transparent stuff with air bubbles in the rims. I've seen Bosses in that blend too. I'm not as much a fan.

I think the best plastic Innova has had in recent memory was JL and luster (or is it shimmer?) champion. I know Innova makes tons and tons of discs and they can't continually use the same blends of plastic. However, I think they need to to a somewhat better job of QC. Some of the stuff that leaves their factory isn't very good. It isn't the molds, its the overall quality of the plastic (durability) and how it molds up. Occasionally in stores you'll run across Innova discs at full price that look poorly molded with weird plastic. How those discs escape the X out pile I don't know.

I've been waiting like 4 years for you to buy up all the Banshees. JL Banshee would be awesomeeeeeeee

Yes, they would be. But none of my three Champ Banshees are very slippery to me. So whoever said they are... go throw them upside down in a parking lot and scuff 'em up...

Yeah, I would say it has been at least that long.

I have this vision that every time Innova mixes a lousy batch of champion plastic, they say, "Oops, bad plastic. Get out the Banshee mold again."

Either that, or it is so bad that no one is buying them, so they sit in the warehouse for years.

My guess is that the domey run of Champ Banshees isn't really a Banshee and nobody wants them. We need a touring pro to throw them and demand a special run.

Yes, they would be. But none of my three Champ Banshees are very slippery to me. So whoever said they are... go throw them upside down in a parking lot and scuff 'em up...

I never claimed they were slippery! Banshee advocate here. I believe 3B mentioned that but I'm mobile and don't feel like reading back.

I've been throwing them since DX was the only option.

Yeah, I would say it has been at least that long.

I have this vision that every time Innova mixes a lousy batch of champion plastic, they say, "Oops, bad plastic. Get out the Banshee mold again."

Either that, or it is so bad that no one is buying them, so they sit in the warehouse for years.

Nobody buys them because hurrr durrr power down FB. OR bruh Trilogy etc etc etc

Incredible mold that's beyond overlooked. I'm one of those guys that actually throws as far as he claims and I've never once felt they aren't overstable enough for my purposes. Along side a Drone and Xcal I still feel the need for them. Best approach OS forehand roller mold there is...Cobra gets the US [approach roller] vote.

Latest posts