• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Charger

Nah, gotta be quality if i'm going to spend money on it. i'll take the cosmic charger. It seems like it would actually work psychologically if you are just having fun.

I don't mind the graffiti at all if it's inevitable and in a public park , it is. It beats the hell out of the usual scrotum drawings and backstabbing literature. I do however find it flawed in that an entire table top could be a grid charger that works for all things instead of individual purposes. You can paint over it at your park if you like but it's not offensive to me at all, then again I don't get aroused when I see a perfect lawn either.

Seeking a skilled dyer who would be able to dye a disc charger onto every second disc in my bag. Will pay big money. Only want finest quality chargers no cheap poorly made substitutes.

Haha! :D that's awesome! The first one is probably the name brand one. the last one is probably from china. What catalogue can I buy that from?

Hey man you get what you pay for. That's why all the pros use the cosmic charlie. If you buy the knockoff they will out throw you every time.

At least in my experience...

I used one on hole 10 in Arkansas. It overcharged my disc. I couldn't handle the extra charge and ended up with a bogey.

The only one I've seen so far was on the bench at Hole 18 on the Sugar Bottom course near Iowa City. That was a few weeks ago, and recent, since it wasn't there 2 weeks before. Not really knowing anything about it I put my disc on it...and threw one of my longest throws so far....:D

The only one I've seen so far was on the bench at Hole 18 on the Sugar Bottom course near Iowa City. That was a few weeks ago, and recent, since it wasn't there 2 weeks before. Not really knowing anything about it I put my disc on it...and threw one of my longest throws so far....:D

It must have been wired correctly then. Your disc got the correct combination of positive and negative ions infused in the plastic for one throw. Just watch, the next one will either overcharge or way undercharge your disc... Heck, with this crazy new tech, if we're not careful, it could start breaking discs in half.

Has anybody tried cross charging yet ?

If you put a regular disc on a mini charger does it do anything ?

What about if you put a mini on the penis charger ?

I saw the most clever thing today . . . some crossed off disc and wrote tree charger. They must have wanted the vandals to hit the first tree! In doing so they became vandals too!

Really???

I've yet to see anything someone did with a sharpie that was genuinely amusing or worthy of being called art or poetry. I don't need anyone drawing "disc chargers" to help my game. I'd rather listen to a song and hear lyrics as the artist actually intended, than to read the one line from them you felt was poignant enough to share with the rest of the world. Whatever body part you want to draw, in whatever position or context you saw fit to illustrateI can find better examples at the Library. To me, it all just looks like crap and defaces the park. Grow the hell up and play the game, and have fun. You wanna imbibe, whatever it takes to have a good time, fine. Do whatever you want, as long as others don't have to live with or deal with YOUR crap.

You want to leave something behind so people know you were there and left your mark? Plant a tree, build/donate a bench, organize a fundraiser and donations to get brooms to sweep teepads and get your name on a plaque, do something positive. If you can't improve things, at least leave the course no worse than it was when you arrived - applies to grafitti, trash, and especially CIGARETTE BUTTS!!! Why does every tee pad seem surrounded by cigarrette butts? Because too many a-hole smokers feel it's perfectly acceptable to fling cigarette butts wherever. I know: YOU don 't do that. Well someone sure as hell does, and man, do they get around.

Not sorry for the rant - I'm sick and tired of people who think what they're doing is OK - be it grafiti, charging discs, littering, whatever. Why the hell can't people leave things like they found them? Let those that follow enjoy the same park, in the same condition you got to experience.
/rant :\

Last edited: