• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Disc for wife who just wants to have fun

ecac8cf7098920e254c40754cd14d006.jpg

Thanks everyone. I ordered a 145 gram Stratus X and a 136 gram Diamond. Hopefully these will help!

Lids could be fun to throw: The Innova Pulsar or Discraft Ultrastar would help out with form. For the Ultimate/Disc Golf hybrid, you might want to have her check out a Zephyr. I really like the Gateway Doggie Style too: very comfortable in the hand, tons of glide, and zero fade!

Good luck! Doesnt really matter the discs as mucj as thw technique anyway. If she keeps at it and is having fun the throws will come around.

Hell we all started out throwing noob hyzers a 100'+. Putters are the best for learning how to throw so dont let the aviar take a backseat:)

Thanks everyone. I ordered a 145 gram Stratus X and a 136 gram Diamond. Hopefully these will help!

Good selections and will work best for her current ability. If she does ever start turning them over too much and beyond 200 feet you can start to look more neutral like a base plastic Shark/Cobra/Buzzz. Maybe lighter 160 DX Teebird for headwinds.

Lat64 Pearl, or possibly Diamond.
Not quite sure on the feet to meters.. but if I'm reading the distances correctly, I'd say definitely Pearl over diamond.

When I started throwing, I was throwing pearl and diamond, but pearl was going further than the diamond (~50m vs 40m (that's what, 150' & 120' -ish? ) ) since I couldn't get the diamond up to speed and it faded too much. Pearl doesn't require lot of speed (4) and it has great glide (6), and when arm speed improves and it starts to turn over too much, you can start learning hyzerflips with the thing :) or get a diamond at that point and start throwing that flat.

Despite being the two first discs I bought, both Pearl and Diamond are still in the bag, though pearl has dropped to a bit of a utility disc these days, for when I need something that will get me out of trouble.. even as a noodle arm kneeling on the ground and working with a 1 meter ceiling underneath some tree branches.
Actually just bought a new pearly-white Pearl since my original blue pearl was starting to get a bit too worn out. :)

You have some good discs coming. Hopefully you will give us some feedback as to which discs work well for her.

So many mentions of a leopard, I just added a 150 pink leopard to the order.

The leopard is a great disk, especially once you develop some torque and its beat in. It will hyzer flip easy and fly straight for a LONG time. I had 2 Dx and a star. The star is now my go to disk most of the time, and I past one dx on to my brother who's just starting disc golf.

You have some good discs coming. Hopefully you will give us some feedback as to which discs work well for her.

Agree and agree. Let us know if our enthusiastic advice helped or if it was misguided or misleading in some way.

DGA Sail. Available in 150 weights. Very understable with tons of glide. FANTASTIC beginner disc.

Diamond!
Leopard if you can't get a Diamond.
Stingray and Skeeter for mids.
Blowfly II for Putt and Approach.
All except the last in 150 class.

Oh, if she starts throwing forehand, maybe try a Starlite Teebird and/or Valkyrie, and make sure the Diamond is Opto.