• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc golf in a cave/former mine?!?!

So who's coming with me??????.........definitely gotta check this out.

I'm in!

I say we get about a dozen of us and go out there on a Saturday or Sunday!

You'll need to make that a Friday night for now. It's the only time they're currently "For Sure" open right now. Sat and Sun afternoons might happen soon, but not just yet.

I went with a group of friends for open play friday night, you might have seen me there lugging around my camera and tripod. Anyway, the course is absolutely awesome, we couldn't get over how great it is. Here are some of the pictures I took for your viewing pleasure.

Direct Link to my Flickr with other photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77598334@N04/sets/72157629146129020/

Attachments

• Hole 4 Tee.jpg
    Hole 4 Tee.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Hole 16 Tee.jpg
    Hole 16 Tee.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 86
Yes, there are plans to add even more holes. It is fluctuating between 9 and 18 holes at the time... but it WILL be a solid, permanent 18 soon with some very likely expansion to another 18 in side and two more 18's on top of the cave in the woods. It will obviously take a few years to get all the way to that goal, but it's far more promising than any time a club has to work with a city or county parks department to get a course built.

HEY DIRTYROCK, those pics came out fantastic. Much better than with my little camera on a tripod did, for sure. Thanks.

Last edited:
NEW!!!

The CCUDGC is now open on Saturdays and Sundays from 2-5pm as well as the usual Friday nights from 7pm-12am.

Friday nights have been wild! There were 125 people playing a couple of weeks ago for the Friday night round and about 80 the following week.

Always an amazing time.

The cave is simply amazing! It was such a unique experience playing in that atmosphere with sand teepads. I can't wait until they build a course along the outside of the property as well.

Played this course today, it has some really awesome shots. Nice to play with a buzzz and a putter and still feel challenged but at the same time have a good chance to shoot under. Apparently every Saturday this summer they will have live music in the cave, but you can still play at the same time. Cool spot to be. Had 17 holes up tonight, minus hole 1 that was taken down for the night to get ready for a concert. Hole 17 through the tunnel would be the sickest skip ace ever!!!

Last edited:
I should be playing in 6 days, I'm pumped to check out such a unique course!

Check list:

Take a flashlight for everyone in the group. Go with LED's. You don't need anything but a neutral/os mid and a neutral/us mid, a durable putter, and a putter you like to putt with in the circle. Beers are $2 in the cave, no reason to try and cheat.

Edit: they do sell LED's there if you don't have time to pick up before hand, but they are 2 for $5, a bit expensive. But worth it if you don't have any.

Check list:

Take a flashlight for everyone in the group. Go with LED's. You don't need anything but a neutral/os mid and a neutral/us mid, a durable putter, and a putter you like to putt with in the circle. Beers are $2 in the cave, no reason to try and cheat.

Edit: they do sell LED's there if you don't have time to pick up before hand, but they are 2 for $5, a bit expensive. But worth it if you don't have any.

Would someone be all right with a typical glow setup? (GITD frizbees, UV light to charge, etc. etc.)

Would someone be all right with a typical glow setup? (GITD frizbees, UV light to charge, etc. etc.)

Yes, you will be more than fine. Most of the hole are well lit if you throw a decent/good shot. A flashlight for everyone might be overkill, but some of the holes get quite dark between the tee/second shot area. I showed up with nothing on my list and was "fine". Just trying to make the experience better.

This disc golf course is absolutely genius and looks utterly amazing. I know its under development and kind of weak right now but this is will be a one of a kind course. I cant imagine what it will look like once its done. I read the guy who owns it is building multiple things inside including a 10,000+ person music venue and scuba diving in a underwater well among many other things. So that lets you know this guy is going to spend some money on this and make it a well worth the trip and bang for the buck type course. I don't care if I have to play $10 a round once it gets some character added to it.

Latest posts