• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in the News

I turned on ESPN this Monday and the first thing I saw (miraculously!) was a disc crush some chains on the Sportscenter top 10. Don't know where it was or who did it. I can't seem to find a link. Anybody got it?

My course got some press from Made in Carroll:

Except that they said Frisbee Golf.:wall::p I remember it well. Hell, I was the last guy in my area to stop playing it. I was at Clyde fant in Shreveport and the wind was just oppressive. I took my frisbee back to my car and used my friends t-bird. I learned instantly that you can't flick a disc like you do a frisbee because they wind up going left way too early. Twenty years later, my discs still go left way too early.:mad:

Full episode just arrived and they got it right with disc golf, not frisbee golf this time. :D

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...’-alleged-attacker-said/ar-BBKy6Aa?li=BBnbfcL

A group of people playing disc golf — a game that involves throwing a frisbee-like object at a target — near the mall, saw Sylva and alerted police, Hawaii News Now reported.

Sylva ran and the group gave chase, eventually cornering him in a community park, according to Hawaii News Now.

"We all started converging on him," Frank Wilkerson, a member of the group told Hawaii News Now, adding that Sylva said "something about the devil being on the moon or something bizarre like that."

Police arrived shortly after and arrested Sylva, court documents said.

Bizarre story from Maui/Hawaii. Bad deal all around, but good on the frolfers to be pro-active and nab the guy. Anybody know Frank??

Last edited:
Get rid of cable ads

This is exactly why we need more disc golf courses... because disc golfers are crime fighting heroes. Go share this story with your city council and ask them to install a course near you. :thmbup:

Kind of like the Fists of Goodness from those funny Direct TV ads..... except that part where he falls into a Dinner party.:D

And I hope that all of us wielding machetes on the course aren't stereotyped as "psycho, fugitive, demon murderers."

Some of us are course work volunteers.

I think that was meant to be a joke, but I'm not 100% sure ;)

Latest posts