• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in the News

Well I don't know if it's news and I'm sure everyone else is getting this kickstart popup this morning but... who's into a gyroscope, GPS, led, super crazy tech disc? TOSY!!!

Yes folks the ultimate toy for the ultimately rich (I assume) tracks flights and form, does analysis with an app on your phone and is stupidly, annoyingly bright haha.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...m_source=TOSY&utm_medium=PR&utm_campaign=DGCR

Well I don't know if it's news and I'm sure everyone else is getting this kickstart popup this morning but... who's into a gyroscope, GPS, led, super crazy tech disc? TOSY!!!

Yes folks the ultimate toy for the ultimately rich (I assume) tracks flights and form, does analysis with an app on your phone and is stupidly, annoyingly bright haha.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...m_source=TOSY&utm_medium=PR&utm_campaign=DGCR
I am very curious. I have nets in my backyard, but there's only so much I can do to stay entertained by them. I do some drills, but they're limited to really helping me with my release point more than anything. Adding something like this into my practice would help me simulate throws. For example: I could go out to a local course to baseline certain release angles/velocities (throw 4-5 throws with my normal discs to get the feel, and then throw the same shot with the TOSY to get the numbers). And then coming home I could use it to attempt to replicate those shots when I'm only 25 ft from my nets.

Yeah I care very little about those lights but if I had a pro shop, I would love to have this -- you could offer swing analysis that takes into account nose & release angles, spin rate, etc. We're getting closer to having a disc golf simulator on par with what bolfers have.

Yeah I have a dislike for the lights. But... at least you could find it, that would decrease some solo night round stress for me.

I also dug the Star Wars-esque video of 4 or 5 Jedi Masters slinging those things in the main hallway of (what must be) the Mellennium Falcon. Sort of a Tron feel that spoke to me on some pre-pubescent level...

Very interesting concept (lost disc finder, form analysis, full tracking) if A) they actually fly nearly as well as standard discs, and B) are durable--seems with all that fancy baggage in the middle, and very thin wire-connected lights on the edge, that first big tree could really wreak havoc. And $120 down the drain.

I think they would be much more useful as a field tool, than an actual local course disc. I honestly cannot see it holding up to the impact of a tree at 40mph (me) or more (most of you). Like others have said, video needed to prove it! For shops that have an indoor driving range, that might work as well, if it can handle that impact.

But even as a field tool, one would need many of them, unless someone is at the other end chucking it back each time.

If they send me a prototype, I'll let ya know, cuz
I can't avoid 1st available.

I saw the ad for this and had some major wood until I saw the pricetag. Luckily I saw it with 42 minutes to go. I can only imagine going a month hemming and hawing over it. It would only take one "Awww what the hell!" moment :\

Did you end up getting one? I would love to hear feedback from someone that did!

If it accurately measures hyzer angle and nose angel, it will be a game-changer for field work.

Disc weight is important and I didn't see it in the Kickstarter ad. Did I miss it?