• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf on Mythbusters

The myth is "don't screw around on a disc golf course, because you might get killed by a disc". How's that?

wikipedia said:
An urban legend, urban myth, urban tale, or contemporary legend, is a form of modern folklore consisting of stories usually believed by their tellers to be true. As with all folklore and mythology, the designation suggests nothing about the story's veracity, but merely that it is in circulation, exhibits variation over time, and carries some significance that motivates the community in preserving and propagating it.

hmmm

you cant just declare something a myth

I guess this stems from my pre existing beef with mythbusters about basically making up myths

I will leave this thread in peace

I guess this stems from my pre existing beef with mythbusters about basically making up myths

I will leave this thread in peace

I was going to cite that as an example...just couldn't come up with a specific one...but they've definitely pulled some stuff out of thin air for the show.

The original post was about a baseball. What about softball? Pitcher is closer (60 feet away), ball has a greater mass, and launch velocity is greater (often more than 102 MPH using top of the line bats) I believe this could kill/seriously injure. Discs, I would be pretty suprised. almost impossible to match the launch velocity, the disc slows significantly, and flexes far more upon impact. All that said, interesting mythbusters

I've heard that an old man was struck in the head and died while walking around a corner up in Eau Claire, WI at Tower Ridge. I would need a confirmation on that, but the guy that told me seemed pretty certain.

I know an older guy died from being hit by a line drive in a softball game here locally...so both softball and baseball is potentially deadly under the right conditions.

sweet idea, keep us posted if they respond. they would have to release a 400+ foot boss toss (sharpest, thickest rim) onto a simulated skull/neck/spine and measure the impact.

You know, if they did this on the show they would build that disc launching machine we've all been asking for!
Just sayin'.

Latest posts