• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf shoes

They look like shoes...

As with any other shoe, I wonder how they will hold up to rotation on concrete. Not a typical concern for trail shoe makers.

They look light, grippy, not waterproof, and not having a strong toe design. I bet they are great for 3 months though.

I've had these since last summer. They're really comfortable, the tread is still in great shape, they're water resistant. And they're inexpensive. What more could you ask for. Oh yeah REI Sells them so if you get them and you don't like them they'll take them back no questions asked.

Me and my girlfriend have been looking for good DG shoes and she keeps insisting we get the shoes that has the individual toes. I just think those wont be durable enough. Anyone agree or disagree?

yea im more about grip and being mobile.

That's what she said!

Trail Runners are great...super light and heavier duty than running shoes. waterproofing is not a concern if you have sealskins or goretex socks. always try them out and test the soles before you buy. I bought a pair of these Montrail Rogue Racers (link) and love them so far.

Me and my girlfriend have been looking for good DG shoes and she keeps insisting we get the shoes that has the individual toes. I just think those wont be durable enough. Anyone agree or disagree?

I've seen a guy play in our local league with them. I don't have any personal experience with the Vibram 5 Fingers so I can't comment on durability.

However, I recently purchased a pair of New Balance Minimus trail running shoes. and they're really comfortable to play in.

The only downside is that they minimalist design takes a little bit of getting used to if you're switching from traditional running shoes. So I wouldn't suggest getting the 'toe shoes' and playing 6 rounds the first day. Take your time and let your body get used to them.

I played a tournament with a guy wearing those. He said that on the open grassy holes they were great, but as soon as we got into the woods or any sort of rough terrain, they were miserable.

Been using the keen delaveaga's for the last couple of weeks and love them. Although having waterproof shoes in OR is a requirement.

These are my DG shoe of preference. I have four pairs. One wore out after a year, a second I use when it's wet or muddy out, a third I just put in the rotation, and I have a fourth on reserve. I was a little patient, and I scored two pairs off of Adidas's website for $70 shipped. They do pretty well on all surfaces, concrete included. They are almost like baseball cleats whereas they may collect some mud in them, and you have to bang it off on tee pads, sometimes. Very comfortable, very, very lightweight.

As far as waterproof, no they are not. But, for the price, the materials dry out very quickly, another good feature of trail running shoes.

I assume you're talking about Vibram Five Fingers? Despite having comparatively thin soles, these things are tough. I warn you, though, it's like walking around in bare feet. Some people like it, some don't, but it's a very different experience from wearing thick-soled trail shoes which deaden the ground feel. You'll be much more mindful of where you place your feet.

i only play in the vibram five fingers and they are the greatest investment i've made. they are very durable and they breath well and feel great.. if you get a pair, you will have to walk around in them for about a month before you try them out on the course.

These are my catch-all DG shoe. If it's dry and casual I'll just rock my nikes though.

MRL-W86593_94-06.psd

I've seen a guy play in our local league with them. I don't have any personal experience with the Vibram 5 Fingers so I can't comment on durability.

However, I recently purchased a pair of New Balance Minimus trail running shoes. and they're really comfortable to play in.

The only downside is that they minimalist design takes a little bit of getting used to if you're switching from traditional running shoes. So I wouldn't suggest getting the 'toe shoes' and playing 6 rounds the first day. Take your time and let your body get used to them.

Those, my friend, are some sweet shoes..definitely got me thinking about them.New Balance to me has the most comfortable/consistent shoe. I usually only buy New Balance for just everyday wear because I work at a factory so I'm on my feet 12 hours a day. Throw some insoles in my New Balance for extra padding and they don't hurt til I get home and take the friggin' things off lol! And you cant beat the price, NB seems to also stay in between $50-$80 so cant beat that.

These are my DG shoe of preference. I have four pairs. One wore out after a year, a second I use when it's wet or muddy out, a third I just put in the rotation, and I have a fourth on reserve. I was a little patient, and I scored two pairs off of Adidas's website for $70 shipped. They do pretty well on all surfaces, concrete included. They are almost like baseball cleats whereas they may collect some mud in them, and you have to bang it off on tee pads, sometimes. Very comfortable, very, very lightweight.

As far as waterproof, no they are not. But, for the price, the materials dry out very quickly, another good feature of trail running shoes.

Holy crap dude throw some of that money you have lying around! 4 pairs of shoes? Just for DG? Thats overkill bro but I'm not hating, if I had the cash I would definately have 2 pairs. One for getting dirty and one for the dry summer days. Hey by the way I have been looking at a sweet comp. bag and a few Lat64 discs I had in mind, you got me???:hfive:

I also play in New Balance trail runners 461. They are Super comfortable, great grip on concrete and on dirt / grass. I have played about 70 rounds in them and they are holding up great. The big plus is they are Made In USA

I've had these since last summer. They're really comfortable, the tread is still in great shape, they're water resistant. And they're inexpensive. What more could you ask for. Oh yeah REI Sells them so if you get them and you don't like them they'll take them back no questions asked.

I just bought these... they are AMAZING!! Comfortable, durable and... WATERPROOF. I threw my disc into a swamp zone and i was able to march right over and pick it up and move on. Awesome suggestion :clap::clap::thmbup::thmbup:

Latest posts