• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Tattoos?

jhgonzo

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I was just wondering if anyone out there is THAT DEDICATED to the sport that they've been inspired to permanently etch/ink their flesh with something disc golf related. I know I want something DG-related, just haven't hashed out the perfect design yet.

I met this middle-aged guy at Manitowalk in the Park, and he had an entire back piece of a fantasy 18-hole course. I wish I'd gotten a photo, 'cause it's hard to describe...just imagine if J.R.R. Tolkien and Dr. Seuss got together, took a lot of acid, and designed a course. That's how it looked, a full-color fantasy world with trolls and goblins throwing discs all over the place. Awesome tat.

Please post pics if you got 'em! Even if it's some ghetto-looking india-ink basket design you had your friend do at a party.

I played a couple rounds with a guy that was going to get a tatoo on his arm of an eagle soaring through the air while clenching a basket in its claws. I don't know if he actually went through with it, but he sounded dead serious.

I want a tattoo, but I don't think I could get anything DG related and not feel like a dork.

No tattoos here...I can't think of anything that I enjoy now that I am confident I would enjoy a wrinkly, saggy version of in 60 years

I want a tattoo, but I don't think I could get anything DG related and not feel like a dork.

Same here ive thought about it several times but it just doesnt seem right.

Last edited by a moderator:
No tattoos here...I can't think of anything that I enjoy now that I am confident I would enjoy a wrinkly, saggy version of in 60 years

I've got 3 total. I was the same way at 1st but then it occurred to me that the wrinkly saggy version of me 60 years from now probably wont be impressing anyone regardless of if those sags n wrinkles have ink on them or not lol

I'm one of the few Marines I know that didn't get a tattoo. Even if I did I don't think I could think of a cool disc golf related tat.

I've got 3 total. I was the same way at 1st but then it occurred to me that the wrinkly saggy version of me 60 years from now probably wont be impressing anyone regardless of if those sags n wrinkles have ink on them or not lol
True enough, lol

I'm one of the few Marines I know that didn't get a tattoo. Even if I did I don't think I could think of a cool disc golf related tat.

Well, I know a few jarheads that didn't get inked, myself not being one of them, but this thread did jar a memory of a really bad tattoo that I saw while stationed in Memphis, TN.

It was a Poison "Flesh and Blood" tattoo on some guy's forearm, just like the one on the album. Wow, what an idiot.

Glad to see that there's not 5 pages of people showing off their DG tats - but that's just me. At least these days the tattoo removal process isn't as painful and involved as it used to be.

I saw one where on the left calf, the guy had a stylized player just releasing a putt, and on the right calf there was the basket. I thought that was an interesting idea.

I saw a guy last week who had a giant basket on one of his calves. It was pretty abstract, though, so someone who doesn't know much about DG might have thought that it was a kanji or something. Gotta admit that I have two tats and I love both of them, but neither one has anything to do with DG!

played with a guy in st.louis who had a disc player throwing on his left calf,and a disc heading for the chains on his right.
both tats had the look of stylized japanese lettering(words).
i've seen something similar somewhere, think it was a disc company logo?

it did look pretty slick tho'.

I saw one where on the left calf, the guy had a stylized player just releasing a putt, and on the right calf there was the basket. I thought that was an interesting idea.

That is incredible. I can't imagine doing something like that "permanently" but I give him respect for his dedication to the sport.

Got 2 buddies who have disc golf tattoos.

One has a basket with a doinked putt with a big red circle with a line through it as in "Don't doink putts".

The other has a basket with a disc that says something.

I'll try to get pics next time I see them.

That's kind of cool...
Disc-Golf-Basket-made-of-Skull-and-Bones-tattoo-94461.jpeg

I got the first ever autograph from the dude who got the back to back aces at 2000 worlds. I also have a picture of the two calf tat being discussed; but I'll be darned if I can figure how to post it. Doesn't have an HTML; it's just in my photos?