• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

I had not updated and seen the new course. I love it! Someone put a lot of love into this one. It's so pretty with the beams of sunlight filtering thru the trees.

I'm not crazy about the new sound effects but they're fine.

But man I love this wooded course.

So in the light of the recent patches and bag changes i tried to make a list of discs that could potentially at some point be useful and if i have them or not. Etdefender or anybody else, does this list look complete? Obvious missing pieces?

Also what kind of Recoil do people use? And what's best with a skip ballista? I have a light / skip one, but i assume the glide/skip would be better for the next patch (or even in general)?

Disc Mod 1 Mod 2 Got it
Pure Acc Stick Yes
Pure Acc Glide Yes
Dagger Acc Stick Yes
Dagger Acc Glide Yes
Comet Acc Wind Yes
Comet Acc Glide Yes
Compass Acc Wind NO
Compass Acc Glide Yes
River Acc Wind NO
River Acc Glide Yes
Explorer Acc Wind NO
Explorer Acc Glide Yes
Musket Acc Wind NO
Musket Acc Glide Yes
Recoil Glide Wind Yes
Ballista Turn Roll Yes
Ballista Light Glide Yes
Ballista ? Skip ?

Owlwood is indeed a tough little number. Nice and different addition to the game. I shot like -2 my first go. Oof. Gave an accurate/glide Pioneer and a sticky/accurate Fuse as rewards.

YES to all of these. I bag a wind/glide recoil and it sees a lot of action. Just recently got a L/G Ballista though.

How the heck do you play your drive on Harrowing par 5?

I switched from the over-the-top backhand line to a flex forehand line, basically just following the fairway's shape. My eagle rate has gone way up since I switched.

And what's best with a skip ballista? I have a light / skip one, but i assume the glide/skip would be better for the next patch (or even in general)?

I have a skip/roll Ballista that I basically never roll, but I love for skips. A skippy Ballista does really well on the long windy holes, and has many times gotten me eagles when other people in MP are taking par or bogey. Take a lower line to avoid the wind and let the skip get the extra distance for you. I don't think I'd like it as much if it was also light though. Even though it would get a little extra distance, I imagine it would be effected more by the wind. basically, I have two different max distance discs...one for high lines (glide/light) and one for low lines (skip/whatever).

Last edited:
So in the light of the recent patches and bag changes i tried to make a list of discs that could potentially at some point be useful and if i have them or not. Etdefender or anybody else, does this list look complete? Obvious missing pieces?

Also what kind of Recoil do people use? And what's best with a skip ballista? I have a light / skip one, but i assume the glide/skip would be better for the next patch (or even in general)?

Disc Mod 1 Mod 2 Got it
Pure Acc Stick Yes
Pure Acc Glide Yes
Dagger Acc Stick Yes
Dagger Acc Glide Yes
Comet Acc Wind Yes
Comet Acc Glide Yes
Compass Acc Wind NO
Compass Acc Glide Yes
River Acc Wind NO
River Acc Glide Yes
Explorer Acc Wind NO
Explorer Acc Glide Yes
Musket Acc Wind NO
Musket Acc Glide Yes
Recoil Glide Wind Yes
Ballista Turn Roll Yes
Ballista Light Glide Yes
Ballista ? Skip ?

Wind/Glide Ballista is also good. I'm still bagging it over the Recoil but still mess up occasionally on 2 of the holes etdefender mentioned.

Also, I love the Comet reference. If only!

Owlwood is indeed a tough little number. Nice and different addition to the game. I shot like -2 my first go. Oof. Gave an accurate/glide Pioneer and a sticky/accurate Fuse as rewards.

Is that beta available for everyone? Or is there an update that I missed?

Wind/Glide Ballista is also good. I'm still bagging it over the Recoil but still mess up occasionally on 2 of the holes etdefender mentioned.

Available for Android users only atm. iOS users usually have to wait a week or so for any of the updates

Disc Mod 1 Mod 2 Got it
Pure Acc Stick Yes
Pure Acc Glide Yes
Dagger Acc Stick Yes
Dagger Acc Glide Yes
Comet Acc Wind Yes
Comet Acc Glide Yes
Compass Acc Wind NO
Compass Acc Glide Yes
River Acc Wind NO
River Acc Glide Yes
Explorer Acc Wind NO
Explorer Acc Glide Yes
Musket Acc Wind NO
Musket Acc Glide Yes
Recoil Glide Wind Yes
Ballista Turn Roll Yes
Ballista Light Glide Yes
Ballista ? Skip ?

I can't imagine ever needing to throw a Dagger. Acc/Wind and Acc/Glide of mids and fairways is probably all you need also. Wind/Glide Ballista is good. The Glide/Skip Ballista will be good again after the update. Turn/Roll Ballista as long as you're on v912

I searched for it in the Google Play Store and it was there.

What all changed in the new update? Just the introduction of a new course, or were the game mechanics and/or difficulty level tweaked too?

Chains aren't as sticky, and I feel like there is more ground play than there was previously.

Well, it might be time to put the Pure back in the bag then. Not sure what I will pull out to make room.

What all changed in the new update? Just the introduction of a new course, or were the game mechanics and/or difficulty level tweaked too?

I may be wrong, but drivers aren't fading as hard as they were in 912. I am getting more distance.

New rating update has me sittin' pretty at 254 now. Glad I could break 250 on the current easy version. I'm sure I will be in for a rude awakening once iOS updates to the latest version.

New rating update has me sittin' pretty at 254 now. Glad I could break 250 on the current easy version. I'm sure I will be in for a rude awakening once iOS updates to the latest version.

I'm an idiot :doh:

Meant that my rating is now 954, and I'm happy to have broken my unofficial goal of 950.

Crows Nest hole 7 is the most annoying hole in the game.

They could have at least put in a log or some rocks ~25-30 feet to the side the basket that you could pitch your disc up to from the DZ. When the wind is blowing ~4+ making that DZ putt is too hard but there isn't a decent option for a layup.

They could have at least put in a log or some rocks ~25-30 feet to the side the basket that you could pitch your disc up to from the DZ. When the wind is blowing ~4+ making that DZ putt is too hard but there isn't a decent option for a layup.

The rocks off to the left (from the drop zone) work okay, but you can still roll OB with some bad luck.

But yes, it gives me some annoying triple bogeys or worse.

Forehand a Wind Recoil. Hang it out over the water on a straight-to-fade line, and it should pretty much always settle inside 60' for an easy eagle putt. I can't remember the last time I went OB on that hole. That is one of my two or three most consistent eagle holes.

Forehand a Wind Recoil. Hang it out over the water on a straight-to-fade line, and it should pretty much always settle inside 60' for an easy eagle putt. I can't remember the last time I went OB on that hole. That is one of my two or three most consistent eagle holes.

Sometimes stuff happens tho. It's still important to know how to handle the DZ.

Latest posts