• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Yeah, there might be a tree-free line somewhere (meaning the visible trees don't actually slow the disc), but I haven't figured it out either. My Ballista only gets there half the time. I generally try a RHFH line but I will go RHBH way right in certain wind conditions. That said, I had at least 5 to 10 rounds where I was set to get 3 stars (8 under) and needed a birdie or even just par on the hole, and hole 9 was my downfall.

I feel like Owlwood is designed to humble those of us who have already got the good discs and thought we were good. I can't help but notice urdizzle still hasn't posted an Owlwood video.

I got three stars finally after spending several hours
Needed to hole out from the drop zone on nine to do it

How do you guys play the z-shaped par 4? I'm short or OB like every time, not even sniffing a birdie most rounds.

How do you guys play the z-shaped par 4? I'm short or OB like every time, not even sniffing a birdie most rounds.

Birdie almost every time.

Light glide or any Ballist straight up the fairway to get to the Z, then a Musket or Explorer, along the fairway, aiming a little high to get some hyzer action. It ends up needing 70-90' putt, slightly uphill, usually because I hit the "backstop" a little long and right of the basket. I don't try to cut any corners usually.

The more they update this game the slower it runs.
The latest update was s l o w for me at first. I changed the graphics quality in the settings from standard to low, and that fixed things. I noticed the downgrade slightly at first, but it wasn't too bad and I don't even think about it any more. The improved speed is absolutely worth it.

I got three stars finally after spending several hours
Needed to hole out from the drop zone on nine to do it
Just got mine too. -8. Needed 3 'putts' of greater than 80' (including 115') and another 2 in the 60' range.

Hole 5 is my biggest bugaboo normally but got that 115' footer this time. My par was hole 8. Perfect 1st throw to the sunshine but sawed off the high approach.

Love the course though. Like the risk reward on 2. Go for the eagle and miss and you may well be wet!

Birdie almost every time.

Light glide or any Ballist straight up the fairway to get to the Z, then a Musket or Explorer, along the fairway, aiming a little high to get some hyzer action. It ends up needing 70-90' putt, slightly uphill, usually because I hit the "backstop" a little long and right of the basket. I don't try to cut any corners usually.

Longest disc I have so far is a glide/skip Recoil. It can get to the Z, then also use it for the second shot to get in position for that throw-in. I actually just tried it again and got lucky to cut between a couple trees to have an easy 57 footer on the same elevation level as the basket.

No luck on the last hole so far with only the Recoil. Is a Ballista pretty much a requirement on that hole? Can manage every other hole.

Owlwood is my favorite of the courses.

I managed to hit 999 on my rating! Is everyone way higher now? I had a nice, consistent run with some good runs.

Wow! I don't know what my rating is anymore, but I know it's down from my peak at 971. Between the longer game lags, needing to sign in every time now, and being annoyed at having to re-learn how my discs behave after every update, I haven't played nearly as much lately. I basically just log in to play the tournament rounds once every five days.

Wow! I don't know what my rating is anymore, but I know it's down from my peak at 971. Between the longer game lags, needing to sign in every time now, and being annoyed at having to re-learn how my discs behave after every update, I haven't played nearly as much lately. I basically just log in to play the tournament rounds once every five days.

Yeah. To be honest I got lucky and had a good run, without many layouts that make good ratings really tough. I feel like I peaked, though! I just wish I had scraped together one more point to hit 1000.

As an aside, I do still carry the Acc/Glide Pure and Acc/Wind Fuse, despite there being significant overlap. I think throw-ins are easier with the Pure, even up to around 180' or so

Yeah. To be honest I got lucky and had a good run, without many layouts that make good ratings really tough. I feel like I peaked, though! I just wish I had scraped together one more point to hit 1000.

As an aside, I do still carry the Acc/Glide Pure and Acc/Wind Fuse, despite there being significant overlap. I think throw-ins are easier with the Pure, even up to around 180' or so

I wonder if I should try putting the Pure back in the bag. My throw in rate has drastically decreased after the last update made Fuses more understable. No longer is it just point and shoot for me. I don't know what I'd take out to make room though, since I use everything in there a lot.

I managed to hit 999 on my rating! Is everyone way higher now? I had a nice, consistent run with some good runs.
I read speculation that some of the lower-rated layouts were taken out of the rotation, so you're way less likely to get anything where a -9 is an 860.

I'm sitting at 963, high in the 970s, but haven't tried to grind out a rating in a few weeks and have improved since. Just shot my highest rated round last week though - 1141. :) (before promptly pooping the rest of the pro tour for the week)

I read speculation that some of the lower-rated layouts were taken out of the rotation, so you're way less likely to get anything where a -9 is an 860.

I'm sitting at 963, high in the 970s, but haven't tried to grind out a rating in a few weeks and have improved since. Just shot my highest rated round last week though - 1141. :) (before promptly pooping the rest of the pro tour for the week)

That's a nice high round! I've only broken 1100 once and it was with an 1101. Keeping consistently good rounds and avoiding blow-ups is the biggest thing.

876 was my latest ranking.

I'm not much a video game guy though so you can factor that into my performance.

Are you submitting your screenshots to my "Hall of Fame" posts on the Facebook page? 999 would put you in a tie for 64th highest of all-time

I wonder if I should try putting the Pure back in the bag. My throw in rate has drastically decreased after the last update made Fuses more understable. No longer is it just point and shoot for me. I don't know what I'd take out to make room though, since I use everything in there a lot.

NOOOOOOO
Learn the Fuse for throw-ins, ditch the Pure and add an extra disc!
Go play the AI advanced tournament, miss intentionally on the various holes to give yourself the throw-ins to practice, and keep hitting re-throw until you either make it or get a tap-in.
Lather. Rinse. Repeat. You're welcome in advance!

Last edited:
Are you submitting your screenshots to my "Hall of Fame" posts on the Facebook page? 999 would put you in a tie for 64th highest of all-time

I don't have Facebook. I actually did take a screen shot of when I got my new rating (and pro tour result). Or do you just like the screenshot of the profile page with name/rating and aces/eagles?

I don't have Facebook. I actually did take a screen shot of when I got my new rating (and pro tour result). Or do you just like the screenshot of the profile page with name/rating and aces/eagles?

Either one of those is what I require when updating the chart (along with your name and screen name)

picture.php

NOOOOOOO
Learn the Fuse for throw-ins, ditch the Pure and add an extra disc!
Go play the AI advanced tournament, miss intentionally on the various holes to give yourself the throw-ins to practice, and keep hitting re-throw until you either make it or get a tap-in.
Lather. Rinse. Repeat. You're welcome in advance!

FWIW, I did try this advice, and my putting has not suffered a bit. And I putt everything under 50', and some over. I am 99% putting inside 45' and the Fuse has not changed that percentage. I can't speak for long throw ins, as I never used the Pure for that anyway, only the Fuse.

I now have a free slot. Let's see now, should I add a beatup dagger or a sticky, accurate, wind break, light, extra glide, big skip, roller, extra turn, extra fade anchor???

Oh, and yes, thank you for the great advice! :)

FWIW, I did try this advice, and my putting has not suffered a bit. And I putt everything under 50', and some over. I am 99% putting inside 45' and the Fuse has not changed that percentage. I can't speak for long throw ins, as I never used the Pure for that anyway, only the Fuse.

I now have a free slot. Let's see now, should I add a beatup dagger or a sticky, accurate, wind break, light, extra glide, big skip, roller, extra turn, extra fade anchor???

Oh, and yes, thank you for the great advice! :)

I forgot I'd clicked on the DGV thread for a minute and when I saw 99% at 45' I was like wuhhhhh