• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golfer on coming season of SURVIVOR

What would be your hunting disc of choice?

My first thought was champ destro or boss for the sharp edge, but chances are your prey would be less than one hundred feet away, so I might go champ roc3 for predictably and count on blunt force trauma to kill or at least knock out a bird/small mammal.

So what is this season's "theme"?
Survivor: Antarctica? They are running out of ideas and places to be.... They need to do something fresh because Bear Grylls has just absolutely wrecked these guys when it comes to survivor and the guy does it for free. If they decided to change survivor up by idk maybe having to survive as a homeless person in New York City then it may be worth watching

The over/under is 1 and I'll take the under, because chances are it won't be mentioned at all.
Betting with you and hoping you're right. If it does get mentioned it will be in a condescending fashion that marginalizes the game.

This season is Blue Collar vs White Collar vs No Collar. Location is the same as several past seasons.
What is "No Collar"? The unemployed and the homeless? I'm betting on them to win! They'll eat/do anything.

chappelle_02_0212_act1.jpg

Last edited:
Betting with you and hoping you're right. If it does get mentioned it will be in a condescending fashion that marginalizes the game.

What is "No Collar"? The unemployed and the homeless? I'm betting on them to win! They'll eat/do anything.

chappelle_02_0212_act1.jpg

In relation to disc golf, maybe the No Collar guys would be our sport's founding fathers ;)

Unemployed and homeless would have been better. But these are more like free spirits and/or non-traditional "jobs". So yeah, unemployed and homeless.

Law Student
Sailing Instructor
Jewelry Designer
Hearing Advocate
Coconut Vendor
YouTube Sensation

The producers CLAIM that they picked the theme after casting the show, so they sorta had to shoe-horn some people into the categories. I mean, theoretically, Law Student isn't No Collar. Maybe. Or Hearing Advocate. I mean, they put Barrel Racer slash Model on the Blue Collar tribe.

Some recent season they picked the theme first and then cast for it, and it was a disaster.

This one maybe should have been called "3 and A Half Hotties". The good news, though, is the distinct lack of silicone.

page1logo_zps56170bf8.jpg

Top Row: Barrel Racer slash Model slash Actress, our guy Postal Worker, Yahoo Product Lead, Marketing Director, Trooper, Media Consultant, Corporate Executive, Youtube Sensation, Hairdresser, our other guy and Oil Driller, Retail Buyer.

Bottom Row: Ex-Talent Agent Assistant and Ex-NFL Kicker, Hearing Advocate, Jewelry Designer, Law Student, Coconut Vendor, Sailing Instructor, General Contractor.

Top Row: Barrel Racer slash Model slash Actress, our guy Postal Worker, Yahoo Product Lead, Marketing Director, Trooper, Media Consultant, Corporate Executive, Youtube Sensation, Hairdresser, our other guy and Oil Driller, Retail Buyer.

Bottom Row: Ex-Talent Agent Assistant and Ex-NFL Kicker, Hearing Advocate, Jewelry Designer, Law Student, Coconut Vendor, Sailing Instructor, General Contractor.

Interesting, i always wondered what happened to Fabio. I would like to hear how he became a coconut vendor then wound up on reality television.

Interesting, i always wondered what happened to Fabio. I would like to hear how he became a coconut vendor then wound up on reality television.

I'm not sure, but he had a train wreck of an episode. He acted like an overly attached girlfriend. Good television imo. I have always been a survivor fan.

I'm not sure, but he had a train wreck of an episode. He acted like an overly attached girlfriend. Good television imo. I have always been a survivor fan.

I like when he admitted to being a "fat guy". Stereotypical body type for many of us :p

I like when he admitted to being a "fat guy". Stereotypical body type for many of us :p

Miller was talking about fabio/coconuts guy, but yeah postman-disc guy had a pretty bad start as well. I couldn't help but to laugh as well when he was arguing about the shelter

i've always thought about using discs to hunt small animals if it ever came down to needing to.
would probably work on squirrels etc.

hyzer the $h!7 outta dem critters!

Unemployed and homeless would have been better. But these are more like free spirits and/or non-traditional "jobs". So yeah, unemployed and homeless.

Law Student
Sailing Instructor
Jewelry Designer
Hearing Advocate
Coconut Vendor
YouTube Sensation

The producers CLAIM that they picked the theme after casting the show, so they sorta had to shoe-horn some people into the categories. I mean, theoretically, Law Student isn't No Collar. Maybe. Or Hearing Advocate. I mean, they put Barrel Racer slash Model on the Blue Collar tribe.

Some recent season they picked the theme first and then cast for it, and it was a disaster.

This one maybe should have been called "3 and A Half Hotties". The good news, though, is the distinct lack of silicone.

page1logo_zps56170bf8.jpg

2 and a half hotties now

2 and a half hotties now

Yep.

As predicted, disc golf didn't come up in Episode 1. Although a friendship/alliance was struck between the two guys that play, so I'll leave it as an OUTSIDE shot, like SUPER longshot, of a random mention.

Dan not looking good, game-wise, when 2/3 of his tribe was openly mocking him.

Mike looking good. Physically paid for eating the scorpion, but wasn't really edited as being a dumbass during that whole scene. He seems strong socially so far.

Dan lost his underwear last night. He's a laughing stock, but conventional wisdom is that he will eventually give the mean girls their comeuppance.

Mike was shown to be constantly working and getting on the others to work -- and they didn't like it.

Latest posts