• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc - Roc Dilemma!

Guys help me out w something mind boggling.

I purchased this NEW un-thrown Rancho PRO Classic Roc, tie dye!! I still cant believe I snatched this one off of EBAY for $50. Now its in my hands what should I do?

1) Hold it as a collectable?
2) Use occasionally on open shots?
3) Throw it?

Now this might open a debate but what is up with collecting discs if you dont throw them??? I guess that would not defet the purpose of its definition but seriously to sell them in 20 years and make perhaps the most $50 in profit? What is the point of it? I think a disc has more of sentimental value if its thrown!! Than yes in 20 years you can hand it to your son and tell him all about that piece of plastic.

FYI i m not a collector but I do hold a few perhaps rare discs: Black KC Aviar, Black KC Pro Roc 12x, Black 20th Anniv REcho Roc. Also if anybody has an idea of what year that PRO CCR belongs to I ll appreciate your knowledge. Also any value on the 20th Anniv Echo Roc. Huck it or Dust it?

Sell those Black KC discs to ME for CHEAP. :)

I don't know anything about disc value...hope it works out buddy!

I'd say that it's a personal choice. I'd have a hard time regularly throwing a disc I paid $50 for, but that's because I'd have a hard time thinking of it as a "disc" - if I thought it worth it to spend that kind of money, I'd probably be buying it to own it rather than play with it.

But again, that's a very personal thing. Maybe - try not throwing it, and see how you feel? If it starts to bother you after sitting untouched on your mantle after 3 months, then you should probably break the thing in and see how it feels. :)