• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Disc to Get the Ladyfriend Hooked?

I ordered a recycled line Diamond, Pearl and Ruby for my nephew once. My wife didn't even want to give them away because they were so pretty. And she doesn't even play herself. But I don't know how they are "inflight" - but there are more recycled line discs...

Blizzard Beast - 140ish
DX Leopard - 165ish
DX Stingray - 165ish
DX Aviar - 165is

My fiancee loves her blizzard because it is stupid light and fun to throw.

Start her out with a light Buzzz, then give her the King Cobra.

Seems like you can't go wrong with a Leopard, Buzzz and a putter that she likes (Latitude Pure seems like it would be a good profile for smaller hands).

All three of these are great to learn with and all 3 can become staples of any bag.

My wife loves the Diamond, Pearl, and Ruby I got her. They are all pink and sparkly. She throws them like a badass, too. When it's windy, she uses my discs without problem, but gets better distance with her own.

Have you thought about getting into something she is interested in? do you even know what her hobbies and interests are?

just get her one disc and make sure it is pink. Stingray is a good bet.

does she throw frisbees at all? if not, start playing catch with her to get her used to throwing. if she does then this thread already has all the answers you need

My girlfriend loves her MVP amp for driving and her Magic for putting. I think the amp works because it is fairly neutral for a fairway, you can get them in lighter weights and what did it for my lady was the super vibrant colors offered in the neutron plastic, she went with magenta.

My wife likes to come out and play a round with me whenever she can. She has tried a bunch of different molds but has settled on a Teebird, Diamond, Pain, Comet and soft eclipse Ion. I think that is a pretty great set to start anyone out with.

My best friend who..... is the size of a thick girl (120-130 lbs.) throws a sidewinder.

Then my other buddy's baby's mom was throwing one too and I remember how easy they are to throw and I think I read they are super light, 150 or so. You seem to need no run up and they just fly. Just need to learn how to howitzer.....

What will also help is if you can find another couple she likes and get together for a game of dubs and a trip to the pub after. Socializing goes a long way in getting the ladies interested.

quoted for game.... :clap: in more ways then 1 :D

A friend of mine decided she wanted to play and went down to the disc golf store in KC. They suggested her a lightweight JLS and she loved it.

Latest posts