• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discbids.com - - what do you think?

Radwyn

What are some thoughts on the new disc golf auction site discbids.com?

Looks pretty nice to me. I'm sure there will be some kinks to work out, but overall I think it is solid so far.

What do you guys think?

Meh. Color me unimpressed.

Digging and looking at fees... if one sold a disc for $50 it would be a $2 listing fee and a $2 seller fee.

I tend to avoid online businesses (and sellers on auction sites) with zero history.

Even if the website works well, why use it against the MP here or eBay?

Those are likely the two best, most established places to sell discs. Why use something else?

Discaroo got it right. No fees, trades and potential to sell. Search feature etc. I'll buy or sell on here before I pay a fee on an auction site.

Was going to try it but didn't know they charged a seller's fee. I still may give it a shot. Discaroo isn't maintained and you get lowballed or offered crap for your good discs. The MP here makes it a pain to post how I want. Individual pics, better editting for poster, etc. I may give this a chance and see how well it goes.

I think it's dumb with all the good people and prices on here. 5 bucks a year to post whatever you want to a large active community. Better than a website no one really knows of.

FFS, the dollar sign goes on the LEFT side of the numbers. It's $12.99. You don't see 12.99$ at any other brick & mortar or on Amazon.com (for example). If a company wants to be taken seriously, you need to at least get the basics right.

It will be really difficult to compete with facebook, ebay, and DGCR. . .having said that, I registered just to check it out.

there's fees? i thought it was supposed to be fee free?

From their About Us:

Discbids.com is the world's largest online disc golf marketplace where practically anyone can buy, sell and trade anything related to disc golf for FREE. Founded in 2013 discbids.com connects a diverse and passionate disc golf community of individual buyers and sellers, as well as small businesses.

Here at discbids.com the main goal is to allow members to exchange new and used disc golf related items in a safe, secure, and convenient way. Creating discbids.com has taken a lot of time and effort and you may wonder how discbids plans on recouping the investment. With many options available within our auction software, discbids.com offers outside vendors business accounts to create stores and advertise on our site for a small fee. As we grow in size individual members will also have the option to upgrade their listings in various ways for a small fee. The basic individual member listing with pictures on discbids.com will always be FREE!

Thank you for joining and happy bidding.

*If you are a disc golf related company/vendor and would be interested in a business account with a storefront and or banner ads on discbids.com please contact us via e-mail at [email protected]

Could be a good idea, but where do they figure they are the largest place to buy/sell/trade discs? I think I would wait to see what kind of feedback everybody hears before you decide to invest your time on there. This whole "free" thing seems to sound a bit "too good to be true" if you ask me.

Plus I'm really not thrilled to see "another" site/group to check to look for plastic. I like to play disc golf much more than I enjoy futzing (yes I said futzing) around on ten different sites looking for discs I want.

pretty redundant. ebay or mp auctions have that base covered from head to toe. will not even look at the site.

Latest posts