• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania Backpack

The price point on this is somewhat hefty, especially since they just had the $177 sale over the holidays. I agree with the billboard statement, as well...although the red/black is cool.

I'd agree that the Euro angle has more bearing on it than anything.

I'm glad I still rock this.
gripeq_se_mudersidecob_web.jpg
Man, I'm SO with you on this. Just not down with the logo-verdose.
(Plus I'm totally biased about that color combo as the best Grip color ever :p)

^ but at least the logo's are dark and don't take away from the bag. Out of all the color combos, this one is me fav.

Yeah. The giant logo's just don't do it for me. They were never as bad on the L-series bags, but totally overboard on the A-series bag (imho). I have the same special edition L-series with the blacked out logos and love it for being slightly obscure and stealthy looking.

As for the Discmania bag, I'm really scratching my head at some of the decisions they made on it. Why did they use the tilted placement of the shield logo if they weren't going to extend the entire shield to provide the context of the tilt?? Sure, Discmania fans know what that logo is and how it should look, but to the casual observer, I can't help but think that all they'll see is some big, tilted logo. And why not the trademark yellow logos? Black, red, and yellow is what I think of when I think Discmania.

I like the concept overall; I think the partnership is a strong selling point and is a smart idea, but I think they really missed the mark with the overall visual design. It just doesn't scream 'premium bag' to me.

As for the Discmania bag, I'm really scratching my head at some of the decisions they made on it. Why did they use the tilted placement of the shield logo if they weren't going to extend the entire shield to provide the context of the tilt?? Sure, Discmania fans know what that logo is and how it should look, but to the casual observer, I can't help but think that all they'll see is some big, tilted logo. And why not the trademark yellow logos? Black, red, and yellow is what I think of when I think Discmania.

I think I can give some insight on the tilted logo since I run the QC process of the bags for Grip at Disc Nation. Keep in mind I do not represent Grip(and probably shouldn't even post this). The stock A-Series has a titled logo. If they set up the logo level in the design, and the people manufacturing the bag had a few come out with titled logos it would be a bag that would fail inspection for not meeting the design spec. Tilting the logo initially gives you some wiggle room for these small errors that can occur when building a bag that has this many layers to it.

Now I have no clue why the Discmania bag has a titled and cutoff logo, but my assumption is that was an attempt to follow suit with the design of the A-Series

Now I have no clue why the Discmania bag has a titled and cutoff logo, but my assumption is that was an attempt to follow suit with the design of the A-Series
Thanks zj. I totally get that they went with what they had that works, but it just comes off as an afterthought to me more than an actual unique product. Just not worth the extra money IMO.

*btw, not bashing either Grip or Discmania here. I support both companies (own an L-series, and Discmania discs are a firm fixture in my bag).

Its not worth the money for just a logo. The same bag is 222$. totally not worth it.

But it does follow the previous signature model by Grip. Back when they had the L-Series the standard stock bags were $200.00 and had a limited color selection. But you could pick up a sig bag (AJ or Val) in Red or Blue for $300.00, if you were so inclined to support AJ or Val.

At least this go around the price difference is smaller, with $222 for stock and $275 for sig bags. If you like AJ or want a unique color combo you now have an option.

But it does follow the previous signature model by Grip. Back when they had the L-Series the standard stock bags were $200.00 and had a limited color selection. But you could pick up a sig bag (AJ or Val) in Red or Blue for $300.00, if you were so inclined to support AJ or Val.

At least this go around the price difference is smaller, with $222 for stock and $275 for sig bags. If you like AJ or want a unique color combo you now have an option.
Kinda. The signature bags were indeed $300, but if you got a special edition, they were $260 (iirc). With that extra money, you were paying for a bag that was limited in production numbers, had different colorways, was made in the US, and had a slightly different fit (referring to the fact you could fit a disc in the main compartment flap where on the normal production runs you could not as easily). Those features were worth it to some (myself), but overpriced for others. Willing to bet that the Discmania screen printing and colors are the only unique thing about this bag.

Yes. However this is a limited edition bag. People will pay for that.

Always have, always will.

I still rock my L series. It works for me. Yet we all know that guy who will pay bookoo dollars for limited whatever.

More power to them. Its a good move by Grip. Gain a bigger foothold in the booming European market.

did anyone actually cop one of these?

I'm wondering how the sales of these things did...

I was wondering the same thing because a lot of people bought the A Series when it was on sale.

I have been checking the inventory levels on the site since it launched. Besides the initial spike of sales when the site launched, (I think around 90 pieces were available) it has been sitting steady at 78 for the past week.

Yes. However this is a limited edition bag. People will pay for that.

Always have, always will.

I still rock my L series. It works for me. Yet we all know that guy who will pay bookoo dollars for limited whatever.

More power to them. Its a good move by Grip. Gain a bigger foothold in the booming European market.

I am wanting this bag because I really like the color scheme and I like that it has different graphics than a normal Grip. I am that guy. I like the company name DiscMania too. I have a DiscMania jacket that I bought from Shusterick off of ebay. I don't even throw any of their stuff, I just like the name. If I can manage to sell my DD Ranger bag, I'll pick up the DM Grip bag.

I am wanting this bag because I really like the color scheme and I like that it has different graphics than a normal Grip. I am that guy. I like the company name DiscMania too. I have a DiscMania jacket that I bought from Shusterick off of ebay. I don't even throw any of their stuff, I just like the name. If I can manage to sell my DD Ranger bag, I'll pick up the DM Grip bag.

are you on the fb group 'disc golf bags sell/trade' -- they sell at pretty decent prices there, can take offers w/ no obligation to sell

I also like the discmania bag, but I got an A series not too long before they announced it so it's out of the question at the moment:O

are you on the fb group 'disc golf bags sell/trade' -- they sell at pretty decent prices there, can take offers w/ no obligation to sell

I also like the discmania bag, but I got an A series not too long before they announced it so it's out of the question at the moment:O

I just posted my bag on a local club FB page. I think that is the only way I'd want to sell it. Just a simple 'in person' exchange.

I didnt mean "that guy" in a negative way. I've been "that guy".

I already have an all black grip, but I pulled the trigger on one of these for my birthday. It shipped yesterday :thmbup:

My Discmania bag arrived today. Looks awesome. Really comfortable. The construction of it seems really tough. Can't wait to use it for my tourney this weekend. Been wanting a Grip for a while now. This thing was way expensive but I know I'll get a lot out of it. Now I feel like I should have an actual Discmania disc in there.

Latest posts