• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania - CD2

Sold my first run swirls. Hyzer flip $. Needed the cash. And wanted to be able to replace them. What is the stock equivalent of that run?

Are the C-CD2 from 2014 USDGC desirable? Found one in the bins that I got off of Ricky W.

Sold my first run swirls. Hyzer flip $. Needed the cash. And wanted to be able to replace them. What is the stock equivalent of that run?

Current run C-Line are pretty straight to start.

Any recent run Flat S-Line are $

The domey S-Line are more stable

The 2014 USDGC release should be from the first run. They have an opaque rim with a clear flight plate and some dome. Along with being stiff plastic. They are desirable by CD2 throwers but not really as a collector.

agree. but I prefer s line or sometimes even p line. better grip.

so are the pop top recent s lines overstable?

that first run dana vicich was pop top and sick os. well os for a cd2!

Yes, the pop top S-Lines are overstable for a CD2. Should be comparable to a Roaming Thunder 1. The S-Lines are more commonly pop top than flat so far.

Strange. I have several recent S-lines and they are all pretty flat and fairly overstable considering the flight numbers. My Roaming Thunder 2 has some dome to it and isn't as beefy as my flatter s-lines.

Haven't thrown them in a while so might have to re-evaluate that. Could just be the domier one glides better and carries longer before the fade making it seem less overstable since I get more distance with it.

how does the roaming thunder plastic feel? is it soft, rigid scale of 1 to 10. or compare to roaming thunder 1, which is about a 7. Thanks.

Hard for me to say it where it will make sense. To me it has about the same flexibility as most of my other S-line discs but for whatever reason I think it feels tackier or gripper if that makes sense.

it is a hard comparison because the RT1s tend to be domey so there is flex there whereas the RT2s tend to be flatter so there is less flex in the flight plate.

I have some 1st run Swirly CD2s and in comparison the RT2 is a bit more flexible and grippy (the 1st run seem to be shiny and the RT2s more matte).

I'd have no problem recommending an RT2 to any player

Since Discmania removed this from the disc roster on their website, they dropped some S-lines a couple weeks ago. I got a pair just in case they are actually going out of production. The plastic is a "champy-star," but it's basically straight C-line. It's embossed "S-LINE CD2" so they definitely used the same mold. Anyone else get one from this run?
DTULcMx.jpg

Resurrecting yet another thread based on what I've been throwing lately. I lost my seasoned C-line CD2 at the end of last season and had been searching for its replacement for a while. It was a penned run and had a mild dome to it. I had another penned C-line that I immediately put in the bag, but it is flatter and didn't feel the same in the hand. It worked well for forehands, but I struggled with consistent releases on the backhand. Next, I tried an old domey S-line that had been beat in a bit. I had some nice throws with it, but again got more consistency out of my older C-line. Finally decided to stop screwing around and pulled a domier embossed C-line and it made the bag after 2 throws. Fills out my hand better for the backhand, but still a money flip-up forehand disc as well.

I'm looking forward to Discmania reintroducing this to their lineup and/or Innova putting the replacement into their lineup. I have a small stack of backups, but probably only a couple that match the exact profile I've found I prefer in this mold. The EO Dynasty didn't do it for me, but I admittedly didn't try the I-blend.

The I-Blend has a bit more dome than the S-Blend

The S-Blends are basically flat S-Line CD2s.

They were my preference.

The I-Blend is probably a bit more / noticeable more HSS than the S-Blend but if you prefer the mild domed C Lines I'm not sure that you'd get much from the I-Blend (I say that as I never clicked with the C Line CD2...too HSS at my altitude so I always preferred the flatter S Lines) as it still may not have the HSS you are looking for

That being said, given the price and availability of the I-Blend Dynasty vs any CD2 (at present) it might be worth a try

If DM brings out a new C Line CD2 in the same plastic as the new DD3s I think I'd be all over those

Latest posts