• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania - CD2

OB Four

Eagle Member
From Discmania:

prototype_c-cd2.jpg

The CD2 is our newest disc and is a long awaited straight flying 9 speed driver. This Control Driver gives the player an ability to shape your shots, much like the FD, but it rips down the fairway faster with a little more fade. This disc is rated at 9 | 5 | -1 | 2 . The CD2 has been reported to fly straighter, hit more fairways and to lower scores. Get your hands on one of these 10 limited release discs.

These Prototype CD2s were marked CD. These discs were originally meant to be a re-evaluation of the CD. The disc was so good we decided to make it its own disc. We love the CD2 and know it will help elevate all types of players to the next level.

From Discmania:

prototype_c-cd2.jpg

The CD2 is our newest disc and is a long awaited straight flying 9 speed driver. This Control Driver gives the player an ability to shape your shots, much like the FD, but it rips down the fairway faster with a little more fade. This disc is rated at 9 | 5 | -1 | 2 . The CD2 has been reported to fly straighter, hit more fairways and to lower scores. Get your hands on one of these 10 limited release discs.

These Prototype CD2s were marked CD. These discs were originally meant to be a re-evaluation of the CD. The disc was so good we decided to make it its own disc. We love the CD2 and know it will help elevate all types of players to the next level.

Are they only releasing 10 or going to have 10 new discs? or 10 different stamps?

I think in that particular post, they were referring to there only being 10 of the prototype. Pulled it from the discmania store.

Yeah only 10 in stock at the Discmania store for the proto. Looks like a good FD compliment!

Last edited:
That said, I did put in an order for one. Still showing as 10 available... wondering if some people (possibly me) will be disappointed later when more than 10 people ordered one...

Note that the flight numbers are exactly the same as originally on the CD (9 / 5 / -1 / 2). It has not been PDGA approved yet, will be interesting to see what changes they've made to the original CD mold.

I'm wondering how much different this can be from the CD which has all the same flight numbers, with the exception of the speed.

My concern with this - even though they acknowledged it - is that it originated from a "re-evaluation of the CD." So, they were effing with the mold without telling people, then a happy accident happened. I'm not surprised, but I'd be upset if I were a CD thrower.

I'm happy to see this...back when I was throwing PDs I really wanted to like the CD...mine was an overstable glideless turd.

ummm, discmania has the CD listed at 10/5/-1/2 and the CD2 at 9/5/-1/2.. so not the same #'s.

the rumor beforehand was the CD would be dropped or remolded because nobody really liked it.. it probably didn't sell all to well. my guess is this was one version they were tinkering with and decided to put it in to production while they may also further revise the CD to be something else.

Sounds good to me. The CD is a very controllable and straight disc if you find one suited for your power level. Now it also comes in C-line, so much for the better.

ps. So, to the same flight numbers -discussion, a few guys swore that the CD was originally speed 9 when it came out, and only later was it re-evaluated at speed 10.

Interesting. I like the original CD and pair it with my PD. If I need more turn than the PD will give me, I pick up the CD. I liked the fact that it would turn, but not turn over, if thrown hard. The TD has even more turn and can be a little less predictable and I found I could control the CD a little better.

I'm not really sure what this CD2 is bringing to the table that the original CD didn't.

RistoS is saying exactly what's been on my mind. Discmania changed the speed on the CD a bit after releasing it as a speed 9 to a speed 10. Just funny to me that instead of just releasing the CD in C-line, they decided to hammer out the CD2 to do the same thing but just release it in a different plastic.