• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania - CD2

Got mine in the mail today. I went to the park and it started pouring rain. The CD and CD2 flew pretty identical for me given about 8 throws each. Still way too early to tell what's going on with these.

I remain a fan of the CD. It's a great straight driver. It doesn't turn much, but won't fade hard either. It can easily stand up to mild-moderate headwinds, won't fade too hard at the end, and gets decent distance. It's like a more reliable/consistent Escape.

I personally wouldn't compare it to Escape at all. My CD was pretty much glideless whereas Escape is on the very other end of the spectrum. Also the CD is more stable than Escape.

These feelings are for the S-Line. For the soft P-line you can pretty much reverse both statements. :D

Last edited:
I liked the S-CD when I was a) driving sidearm and b) throwing 150s. S-CD sidearm flew like a Star Valk did backhand - some turn, healthy fade, good distance. CD was originally pegged as a "glidier Viking".

I am very interested to hear how the CD2 flies, especially the G-Line version. Comparisons to similar discs such as the Viking, Thunderbird, or Teebird/Eagle also greatly appreciated!

I would do definitely like to hear more about this disc. Out of the box seasoned PD. Yes, please!

I am prefacing this post with me being terrible at describing flights using the acronyms, so I decided to spell it out. I have posted previously about this disc in various other places and feel that I finally have a handle on it.

I carry a g-line and c-line CD2 and have been throwing them pretty regularly each round. The G-line for me flies closest to the numbers out of box. I throw LHBH and have been releasing it very flat and noticed slight turn followed by a healthy fade, not drastic by any means, as to be expected. This disc overall is very straight in flight and has been fun to throw. When I have purposely turned the disc off the tee I can still get it fade back nicely. My hyzers are weak, so for me when thrown on this line it flips to flat mid flight and fades. This disc reminds me of a longer beaten star teebird. The CD2 in C-line for me is more HSS for my arm speed and does not have much turn out of box (although I can make it turn off the tee if wanted). For me it flies very straight and has a nice fade at the end of flight. I would compare it more to a longer first run FD or a seasoned c-line PD. The 3 C-lines I got were all extremely stiff which I think reduced the amount of potential glide this disc could have.

Some last random thoughts: I can throw my g-line further than my c-line, my c-lines held up in the wind better and I found the c-lines more controllable off the tee (especially in the woods).

I would like to get my hands on a stock run c-line to see if the came out less stiff. For me the Aussie open runs are the stiffest followed by the usdgc run. If anyone needs clarification let me know!

I am prefacing this post with me being terrible at describing flights using the acronyms, so I decided to spell it out. I have posted previously about this disc in various other places and feel that I finally have a handle on it.

I carry a g-line and c-line CD2 and have been throwing them pretty regularly each round. The G-line for me flies closest to the numbers out of box. I throw LHBH and have been releasing it very flat and noticed slight turn followed by a healthy fade, not drastic by any means, as to be expected. This disc overall is very straight in flight and has been fun to throw. When I have purposely turned the disc off the tee I can still get it fade back nicely. My hyzers are weak, so for me when thrown on this line it flips to flat mid flight and fades. This disc reminds me of a longer beaten star teebird. The CD2 in C-line for me is more HSS for my arm speed and does not have much turn out of box (although I can make it turn off the tee if wanted). For me it flies very straight and has a nice fade at the end of flight. I would compare it more to a longer first run FD or a seasoned c-line PD. The 3 C-lines I got were all extremely stiff which I think reduced the amount of potential glide this disc could have.

Some last random thoughts: I can throw my g-line further than my c-line, my c-lines held up in the wind better and I found the c-lines more controllable off the tee (especially in the woods).

I would like to get my hands on a stock run c-line to see if the came out less stiff. For me the Aussie open runs are the stiffest followed by the usdgc run. If anyone needs clarification let me know!

I will add that I could be wrong with the c-line plastic being stiff and the whole potential glide aspect. This is my first experience with truly stiff c-line plastic not in a midrange.

Thanks for the good breakdown. The G-CD2 sounds like I need to give it a shot.

A question about the bold part: Do you mean that it flies like a 2nd run C-FD? Generally the first runs are known as flying closer to S-Lines, whereas the 2nd runs are beefier like you described. Just wondering, thanks.

The G-line for me flies closest to the numbers out of box. . . . This disc reminds me of a longer beaten star teebird.

Sold! :clap: Thank you for taking the time to do such a thorough write-up.

How does the G-Line CD2 compare with the FD? Similar distance with more fade?

Thanks for the good breakdown. The G-CD2 sounds like I need to give it a shot.

A question about the bold part: Do you mean that it flies like a 2nd run C-FD? Generally the first runs are known as flying closer to S-Lines, whereas the 2nd runs are beefier like you described. Just wondering, thanks.

I am comparing it to my first runs (the clear pop tops that only came in two stamp colors) that are stable. When I throw those specific FD's they fly straight with a fade at the end of the flight. Although I would say just based on the straight flight to fade comparison, you are right in saying it would be close to the second runs. I just may be one of the only FD lovers who barely gave the second run the time of day :doh:

Sold! :clap: Thank you for taking the time to do such a thorough write-up.

How does the G-Line CD2 compare with the FD? Similar distance with more fade?

Compared to the G-line FD? or just in general? I have yet to give my G-line FD's a solid test yet. But I guess I would say its closest to my S-line FD's just with more distance and fade as you stated.

Let me know what you guys think! I may be one of few people on this forum using these on a weekly basis and hope I am not too far from the conclusion you two will draw :) Unfortunately the only G-lines we can get our hands on are the first runs. Made for an expensive thrower after shipping haha I am guessing the stock runs will be out soon since the Innova store has them! Looking forward to getting 1-2 more G-lines.

I have a 170 gram C-line production run and haven't thrown it too much (the good courses around me don't have many holes where I would reach for this disc, I'll be able to try it out a lot more next week when I'm back home), but from what I've seen from it so far it flies pretty much as you described, with one slight tweak. It might be the lower weight or that I've gotten a bit more speed on it, but this is the closest I've ever had a C-line or Champion disc fly closest to the flight numbers out of the box. It won't get a full amount of turn to where I'd rate it a one, but it definitely steps to the right if thrown flat and hard; maybe rate it more like -.67 or so. I do absolutely love this disc, I'll have to get a few more and also try the g-line, sounds like a heavy C-line, the one I have, a G-line in the same weight, and a bit lighter g-line could cover a ton of lines.

Compared to the G-line FD? or just in general? I have yet to give my G-line FD's a solid test yet. But I guess I would say its closest to my S-line FD's just with more distance and fade as you stated.

I have only thrown S-Line FDs, so that is exactly the comparison I wanted. Thank you!

No problem! Excited to hear what you think!

Thanks! G-Line CD2s have arrived. I hope to give them a good tossing this weekend and report. Windy weather should provide ample opportunity to test stability.

A pair of G-line FDs showed up, too. :)

Anyone throwing the g-line cd2 with any reviews? Found the c-line to be more stable than I expected

Anyone throwing the g-line cd2 with any reviews? Found the c-line to be more stable than I expected

Check out my post #25 for my thoughts on it. Took it to the field last night and tested it even more! Great disc.

Check out my post #25 for my thoughts on it. Took it to the field last night and tested it even more! Great disc.

Right on! Excuse my laziness.. Didn't look back. For reference what kind of distances are you hyzer flipping this on? I've been looking for something to act as a beat in Pd for hyzer flips for laser straight shots in the 390ish range.

I got to throw a 175 C CD2 and frankly it flies how the vast majority of people want their C/SPD to fly. The CD2 has a slightly longer, straighter, beautiful flight much more reminiscent of a faster teebird than a PD. It really is extremely similar to the PD just not so overstable! My PDs have always reminded me more of a faster, freak overstable/Brinster teebird or an eagle X which are more overstable than teebirds normally. Of course many DGCR forumites and European people love the PD and everyone loves throwing overstable discs but in my opinion a C/SPD just starts off too overstable (too little glide) and beats in too slowly for use as a very long distance disc for people who are not happy with their distance.

I don't throw nearly as far as many great throwers but I can throw well over 400 with ease nowadays and just over 500 at my best so my distance just doesn't bother me anymore, but it used to. When I was capping out around 350-400 because of my poor athleticism and understanding I favored quite overstable discs because I liked the way they flew. I had a lot of understable discs because they were recommended but I didn't utilize them well enough. Once I learned to love both overstable (less glide) and understable (more glide) discs I began to throw much farther and so much better overall. If you're throwing overstable PDs for distance and aren't happy with your distance forget your PD exists for a short while and try the CD2 instead. I bet your CD2 will replace your PD for every shot except the much rarer situations when you want that really overstable disc.

@Ted Bratton

Color me...

1. Confused by your contradiction. Specifically where you say it's what people want their C/SPDs to fly like, but then you say that the CD2 is more of a straight flier, but like an Eagle X?? I tend to think of the Eagle as having less HSS and comparable LSS to a PD (I've not thrown a Brinster TB). Are you saying that you think most people expect the C and S-Line PDs to fly straight?

2. Intrigued by your review (and cussing the fact that you may have convinced me to give this disc a try)!! ;)