• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania - CD2

I'll try to clarify haha. This is why I try to keep my thoughts to myself...

"Confused by your contradiction. Specifically where you say it's what people want their C/SPDs to fly like"

No contradiction there. I'm talking about the people I encounter with medium-low levels of power and speed who consider the PD a faster, longer teebird and use it as their distance driver. The comparison isn't so far off but I guess I'm picky lol. A normal C/SPD is much more overstable than a normal teebird so it will turn much less and fade much more. This has the value of making it reliable and great for a lot of shots, obviously...but a poor choice if you have trouble reaching reachable baskets with it because it wouldn't glide for long enough. The CD2 will still be reliable for almost anyone yet it will fly farther which is great.

"but then you say that the CD2 is more of a straight flier, but like an Eagle X?? I tend to think of the Eagle as having less HSS and comparable LSS to a PD (I've not thrown a Brinster TB)."

The CD2 flies straighter than a PD, but is still reliable. For someone who can't throw with as much power and speed as say Paul McBeth (who threw his quite overstable CPDs 400+ for control on video) the CD2 will fly -plenty- overstable and reliable and simply net them more glide and distance, which is why I recommend it over the CPD. It will act the way you want the CPD to act because the CPD is designed to handle the fast disc speed of very powerful players.

I said the PD is like an Eagle X. The flight numbers on the Eagle X are bogus as flight number usually are. An average Eagle X is simply more overstable than an average Teebird X. -Less- turn, more fade. It is also a misconception that Teebirds won't turn. Teebird X's like to turn -more- than Eagle X's because they are more understable. Contradictory to the flight numbers right? Welcome to the world of flight numbers/charts...The KC champ Teebird usually doesn't like to turn especially when new, unless you can throw with high power and speed. Someone like Wiggins can turn over discs that you couldn't imagine a human could turn over because he can throw the disc so fast. However once a Teebird beats in a little they turn nicely resulting in an even straighter, glidier flight which is great in the woods where most of us play. Over a season or so they will even become good turnover discs which is one of the reasons they tend to be so popular, they just have a good speed, stability, and feel that agrees with a lot of different players with varying power levels. TheKC champ Teebird isn't too overstable for most people unless they are very low power throwers.

The Brinster Teebird was slightly tweaked by Steve's request to be extra overstable. Similar in overstability to an average Eagle X but obviously in the form of a Teebird which he many other people desired so I'm sure he made good money from them. There are plenty of other examples of extra overstable Teebirds. Any Teebird with an abnormally high wing will fly this way. Often times these are older and/or flatter CE or 11x teebirds or some form of special CFR glow or metal flake plastic.

"Are you saying that you think most people expect the C and S-Line PDs to fly straight?"

Maybe not but some people do, I've encountered a few myself lol. Hell two years ago when I found this forum and the PD I was one of them so I relate and I wish I would have been throwing the CPD. Much like I wish my first disc wasn't a Nuke. I had several C and S PDs and I wanted them to fly straighter and glide longer but really they didn't want to turn at all even in most headwinds lol. Even now that I throw -much- faster and more powerfully my CPD is quite an overstable disc even suitable for fast shots into headwinds and throwing when I sacrifice distance for the guarantee that it won't turn. I wouldn't throw the CD2 or teebird for such a shot now but I would have 2 years ago.

I obviously throw overstable discs very often but for every person's level of power and level of speed there is a certain level of disc overstability that works. A disc that is "overstable enough" but not too "overstable", and I think the CD2 fits that bill for so many people which is why I bothered typing all of these words haha. Plus I had nothing better to do tonight.

Threw a G line today and was suprised at how different it was compared to even my beat up shield stamp PD. It was only one throw, but I may have to give these a shot. Nice turn and fade back to be a pretty straight bomb with a flat release.

Thought they'd overlap the PD FD combo but maybe there's a spot for them in the bag

Threw a G line today and was suprised at how different it was compared to even my beat up shield stamp PD. It was only one throw, but I may have to give these a shot. Nice turn and fade back to be a pretty straight bomb with a flat release.

Thought they'd overlap the PD FD combo but maybe there's a spot for them in the bag

I can attest to the fact that he crushed it. Definitely had a healthy amount of turn, but it was an absolute bomb. :hfive:

I actually found it easier to get up to speed than the Escape, but I have never clicked with the Escape.

I guess the dometastic-ness of the Escape would make it pretty different from what you described as being pretty flat for the CD2. Interesting observation about being able to feel like you are getting the CD2 up to speed a bit easier. I wonder if that has to do with the g-line plastic? That is one thing I have noticed about the Discmania g-line plastic (even more so than g*) is that the grip is so dang good that it just seems to naturally come out of the hand a bit faster when the form doesn't come together perfectly and the arm speed is lower. Great review thanks.

What does this feel or look like in the hand? I prefer something with a more L like wing for forehand grip. I've got a couple of overlapped valks and sidewinder that I'm using and didn't know how this would compare.

My question, arent the CD and CD2 the same thing minus 1 speed and glide?

I have an S line CD and don't want to buy a CD2 if it's going to be relatively the same thing

What does this feel or look like in the hand? I prefer something with a more L like wing for forehand grip. I've got a couple of overlapped valks and sidewinder that I'm using and didn't know how this would compare.

It feels just like a Thunderbird in the hand imo. It flies with just a tick less stability than the Thunderbird too. I've found it to fly very straight with very minimal fade. It doesn't seem to like much head wind either, but then again, that's what the PD is for.

So, has anyone else been throwing a Cd-2 now that they have been out for a while?

Bought a C-line CD-2 a few weeks ago and it's the one disc that has replaced both my Valkyrie and SL. For my arm speed (I can throw it 370ft+), this is the longer Teebird I've been looking for. This has been the best disc I have purchased in quite a while.

So, is there any CD-2 love out there?

I bought a C-CD2 two weeks ago. For me it's something between Teebird and FD but longer. I can throw 380feet with this disc.

My CD2 has good dome on it. I picked the max weight with biggest dome when I bought mine. It has really nice glide and right amount of stability to handle a good rip.

I've been missing this kind of disc in my bag.

G-CD2 is in the bag (C-line too stable i.e. too PD like to merit a slot) but I seem to forget to pull it out in situations where it could be the disc to throw. Gotta keep testing.

I grabbed a second run CD2 from the discmania site, I'll report back once I get a chance to throw it. If it really has the same HSS and less fade than the first ones it'll find a spot in the bag

Alrighty, team, who's throwing these? I've heard really good things, but they haven't got a huge following yet as far as I can tell.

What's the difference between the runs stability and feel?

Cd2 is super straight it's a pd that turns for me. It throws easy hyzers, hyzer flip to turn and fade, or I throw it flat and let it track right. Best disc purchase in a long time for me.

I have a 2nd run c line. For me (340ft of power) it is a tick or 2 less stable than my champ thunderbirds and a little longer because of its glide. 2nd runs are stiff. I'd like one a little softer and lighter. Mine is 172g.