• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania p2

crazy i dont think mine could be more stiff without being dinner plate stiff. plastic feels real nice too alot like 11x plastic very similar to my 11x roc in the bag, way closer to 11x than 12x kc pro plastic.

crazy i dont think mine could be more stiff without being dinner plate stiff. plastic feels real nice too alot like 11x plastic very similar to my 11x roc in the bag, way closer to 11x than 12x kc pro plastic.

this was my findings as well. I grabbed 2 off-white 171g P-P2s. The plastic is really similar to 11x rocs. Every stock p-p2 I've felt is gateway medium firm

Let me clarify. Soft was probably a poor word choice. Despite my initial bad reaction, I took them out for the heck of it today and putted them, so let me give a more thorough review.

They feel like how I like KC Pro to feel. Smooth, dense, and waxy. They have some tack, but they're not grippy. Definitely more KC Pro plastic feel (if not exactly the same as KC Pro, one of mine is even marked KC-P2) than the test run. Overall, great feel if you like KC Pro.

When I said soft, I was referring to flex. Specifically, flight plate flex. Overall it is a rigid disc, particularly the rim, have no doubt about that. However, when I grip it with my regular putt grip, I can feel the flight plate flex under my thumb, which I don't like. I don't get that feel with KC Aviars, and that's what I was referring to when I said they were "soft." However, I took them out today with mid 40s air temp, and they were perfect. They may get too flexy for my taste in summer heat, but they should work well in fall and winter.

As far as putt flight, these don't have the hard dump at the end of the flight like the test run. I prefer the straighter finish, so I prefer them over the test run for that reason too.

ya i dont notice any dump either although i never had a test run? infact they seem to have really good glide not glide like a magic which has too much glide imo but like a kc aviar beat to hell bead worn off if you guys have never used a kc till its at this point i suggest it beat to hell kc aviars are amazing putters!

i have a feeling these will get to that point sooner without the bead which i really like! and theyre awesome putters in general i dont mind beads but these just seem to fly perfect for me!

Essentially what these are are KC PRO beadless avairs to me. Ive putted with avair pna's forever and these are similiar feeling. Yeah, the rim is a little deeper but not enough to bother me.

BTW, mine say KP2 on the bottom.

I dig the D-P2 and have a P-P2that is waxy and crap but I love the mold. The problem I am having is spit outs I have found that more than any other putter I have tried or putted with for longer than a few months the P2 just will not stay in the chains. Anybody else have this problem? It is much more common with the P line than the D but it still happens.

I have a couple S line P2's and haven't had a spit out issue any worse than what might normally occasionally happen. Overall a great feeling putter.

Yes it is...I threw a 175 gr. D line a bit, but I like the S line feel and the way it grips the chains...I've been using it consistently for over a month now..

Awesome I'm sold ill have to check it out. Does it feel like its star counterpart or is it softer than star?

It's pretty similar. The rim is stiff and a little hmmmm...sharp, but the dome/center is nice and soft. Comparing it to the plastic feel of a star SL, I have, they are extremely similar. It has a good grip, and feels great when you're putting. Hope you get a chance to feel one.

I've been putting with p2's for a bit now and haven't had any problems with spit out. They do have some action sometimes dropping in the basket though.

That, I didn't notice. But, one reason I stuck with the S lines is they seemed to deal with the wind better. At that point, I just stuck with the S line, and my son uses the one D line we have.

im loving these production p-p2s awesome putter and i much prefer the plastic to 12x kc pro plastic feels much more like 11x! anybody else loving their p-p2?

im loving these production p-p2s awesome putter and i much prefer the plastic to 12x kc pro plastic feels much more like 11x! anybody else loving their p-p2?

Sounds nice...I've tried the D line and have putted almost exclusively with the S line for a while now. how does the P plastic compare to s in the P2's?

Latest posts