• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania p2

I didn't like the idea of not trusting my main putting putter in the wind so I ordered a couple P P2's at 175g.

Please educate me ;) With plastic I know what it all is, Which is most OS---US? How does it handle wind? What are your experiences? And should I be serious in switching over to a P2 if I like the grip?

Basically, sell me on the P2 and whats the advice with Plastic/weights? I upshot with other discs so this is pretty strictly for putting, I won't really need a Star P2 or G P2 or even C P2 (yet, hahaha)

X-line is XT. P-line is (regular) Pro, not KC Pro. Fresh out of the box, I have not noticed any real stability differences between my S-line, color glow C-line, X-line, and P-line P2s. However, with use, the P- and X-lines will begin to season in, while my S-line stayed true to its flight pattern (and I haven't used the C-line enough to wear it in yet). I used to use the S-line as my main upshot putter, and may yet go back to it one day.

Weights are a personal thing. I personally putt with 174-175g putters. I gave the P-line P2s serious consideration as my main putting putter; I like the feel, grip, and firmness of P-line putters.

P2s are great disc. The only real problem is availability in the USA; there can be long periods between restocks of P2s, so if you go with them get a bunch for practice, backups, etc.

The d-lines that I got are fairly stiff, but still got some grip. They are really awesome inside the circle IMO.

Stock run P-lines are straight up KC Pro. They've done limited releases of driver pro and "soft pro" (aka jk pro) but those aren't discs you're liable to just happen across.

As far as non-premium stability goes, I can only comment on P vs D, where P-line is a hair more OS out of the box. My only experience with X-lines is a few 20ft putts, so I can't really tell you where they fall.

SD86, what do you mean by "regular pro"?

Stock run P-lines are straight up KC Pro.
SD86, what do you mean by "regular pro"?

The same stuff in Pro Thundbirds and Pro Starfires (a.k.a. SLs).

As to Pro vs. KC Pro... I've held KC Pro Aviars and have putted and thrown McPro Aviars, which Mr. Dave Dunipace says is basically KC Pro. The Pro in my P2s feel more like my Pro Thunderbird, Pro Wraith (which I found with no ink), and Pro SLs, and not quite as stiff as my McPro Aviars and Roc3s. But they're not all that different, or like the difference between BT Hard and BT Soft...

Anyhoo, P-Line P2s feel good in the hand and throw well...

My P P2's are very stiff and a little slick. They are stiffer than my glow D's and first release Mcpro's. If you want a less deep feeling P2 look for glow D. My P lines are very new. I am hoping the grip waxes up but I doubt if they will get anywhere near as waxy as the first McPro's. For now they are upshot discs for me so I am not very concerned about grip. Putting is a different story.

I'm getting my P2's in the mail today - excited about that - sadly I can't get out for a round but maybe do a little putting in the yard (since I snow plowed a little circle to put the basket. I'm a little reluctant to do this though as my buddy just got 2 brand new McPro Aviars and on his like, 3rd putt with it, it cracked in half. Is P plastic really that chuddy? Innova/Discmania really should get a new putter plastic, similar to prodigy 300 or trilogy BT Hard - those would never 'BREAK'

anyway, hope I like em' ;)

I'm getting my P2's in the mail today - excited about that - sadly I can't get out for a round but maybe do a little putting in the yard (since I snow plowed a little circle to put the basket. I'm a little reluctant to do this though as my buddy just got 2 brand new McPro Aviars and on his like, 3rd putt with it, it cracked in half. Is P plastic really that chuddy? Innova/Discmania really should get a new putter plastic, similar to prodigy 300 or trilogy BT Hard - those would never 'BREAK'

There have been a number of reports of McPro Aviars and McPro Roc3s breaking in cold weather (though this is the first time I'm hearing of this occurring on the third throw). I have not heard any reports of P-line discs (P2 or otherwise) breaking in the cold, though it might've happened.

I've been using P-P2s all winter, and more recently a glow P-P2. Driving, upshots, and putting, without an issue in the Michigan fridge.

I've been using P-P2s all winter, and more recently a glow P-P2. Driving, upshots, and putting, without an issue in the Michigan fridge.

Good to know - I'm in St Paul MN and I play a lot in the winter - though its ALMOST over now, I wasn't sure if I should bust these out just yet, but looks like I'm gonna have to try em ASAP haha.

I hope they are what I'm looking for. Can't wait to do a review. thanks.

I only was able to do some putting in the yard, but its still covered in ice - so no REAL review, but initially, I wasn't in love with them, im sure the warmer weather and some use may change my mind.

Question for you P2 guys.. how do they compare with the Wizard? I have been thinking about switching it up for a while, and I've heard awesome things about P2's. I like the feel in the hand, just never thrown one. So, I'm wondering how they fly compared to Wizards, and how they season.. obviously, one is beaded, one is not. So I feel like they may season differently being beadless, and I'm hoping they putt and throw a little straighter than a Wiz. Just a little..
also the newer luster run looks tasty. Think I'm gonna snag one.. anybody thrown a luster?

They have similar stability to the Wizard IMO. Perhaps slightly more overstable. The Wizard has more glide for sure

Question for you P2 guys.. how do they compare with the Wizard? I have been thinking about switching it up for a while, and I've heard awesome things about P2's. I like the feel in the hand, just never thrown one. So, I'm wondering how they fly compared to Wizards, and how they season.. obviously, one is beaded, one is not. So I feel like they may season differently being beadless, and I'm hoping they putt and throw a little straighter than a Wiz. Just a little..
also the newer luster run looks tasty. Think I'm gonna snag one.. anybody thrown a luster?

My experience with P2s and Wizards is that they are about the same level of stability on throws. The P2 was my main approach disc for a while, but a bit OS for putting. The Wizard was okay for throwing, but didn't have the glide I prefer for putting (I putt with the Marshal).

I don't have a luster P2, but I have a glow C-Line and it's good for approaching/throwing. Id be interested in hearing about similarities and differences between the glow and the luster...

I have a P2 from Infinite. Bottom is marked KP2. Doesn't feel like any of my other KC pro plastics. Reading this thread that at some point KC Pro plastic was super stiff and waxy? That stinks. I have half a dozen PFN KC Pro Rocs around still that I wish this P2 felt like. When did the plastic stop being chalky almost? My hand just slips right off this P2; what can I do to it to give some tack? I was planning to drive and putt with this same one and right now I don't think I could hold on to it long enough to ever have a clean release.

I have a P2 from Infinite. Bottom is marked KP2. Doesn't feel like any of my other KC pro plastics. Reading this thread that at some point KC Pro plastic was super stiff and waxy? That stinks. I have half a dozen PFN KC Pro Rocs around still that I wish this P2 felt like. When did the plastic stop being chalky almost? My hand just slips right off this P2; what can I do to it to give some tack? I was planning to drive and putt with this same one and right now I don't think I could hold on to it long enough to ever have a clean release.

KP2s break in nicely, if you can manage to get through the early slickness. You may like the "Golf Ball White P-P2" from last year'ish. They are stiff, but have some great tack right off the bat.

My hand just slips right off this P2; what can I do to it to give some tack?

Scrub it with some dish soap and a coarse scrubber-sponge thingy. Will help alot. And then after some use it will feel great.
I bag a couple KC Rocs from a couple years ago that were super stiff and slick, and now they are super stiff and super grippy. It just takes time.

Scrub it with some dish soap and a coarse scrubber-sponge thingy. Will help alot. And then after some use it will feel great.
I bag a couple KC Rocs from a couple years ago that were super stiff and slick, and now they are super stiff and super grippy. It just takes time.

I'll have to try this. Went out for 9 rounds and this thing legit was slip city. I don't remember making a putt outside of 4 feet haha. Felt okay in the hand, but who knows if it will stay around. Big size but with no bead is very different for me.

I've got a couple P-lines and a couple Luster P2's on their way.. one Luster is a big shield stamp (I assume from the first run of them?), and one from the new run. When reading about them on the discmania site, it says "These P2's have our favorite USA core in them. Look no further, because these are the ones you have been looking for!" - what does that mean? Also is there difference between the old and new lusters?

Latest posts