• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Thread (Part II)

The special blend S-line CD1 "Zeta's Moon" released today is something you wont want to sleep on. If you were a fan of the S-line CD2s, this is your bread and butter. I didnt think I still had it in me to throw long straight shots and turnovers with such ease, but this disc made me a believer again.

Tell me about Zeta's Moon vs C-line FD and the Essence. I have a couple of S-line CD1 and can't see a flippier s-line version fitting in.

I dont usually throw very flippy discs. My Essence is pretty much a utility disc when I need the glide to keep going uphill for example, or sometimes to hyzerflip to flat into a straight tunnel. The Discmania manufactured C-FD is a pretty stable guy, more stable than the Zeta's Moon. I personally didnt really jive with the C-CD1, I mean it was a good enough of a disc but it didnt set itself that much apart from what I had in the bag already. The S-line is more understable to stand out better, and has that same glide. The Swirly S-CD2s of the old days of yore were a lot like these.

So many discs out there these days. I ended up putting the Vanguard and an Skywalker S-FD1 into the bag as well. I guess you just have to pick your favorites that make you happy to throw them, in the appropriate stabilities and speeds. It'd be insanity to have all the molds in all plastics.

I'm dying to finally throw my Zeta Moon CD1. If they're as flippy as everyone is claiming they are, it will make my bag.

Report back! Especially how it compares to the Essence.
All I can say is wow. These Zeta Moon's are the flippiest CD2 (err, CD1) I have ever thrown. I got myself a 167g Turquoise and a 172 Orange. Both have the same profile/dome to them. The 167g flies just like my beat in Essence, but just a hair faster. The 172g one is a little more stable, but still flippy (think more like a very well seasoned RT2, but straight out of the box).

Throwing into 10-20mph headwinds on the day I tested them was no bueno. Even on a steep hyzer, they would flip over and not come back. On the tailwind though, I was getting some incredible distance. These things are definitely a shot shapers dream.

Anyone else throwing the gold rim cloudbreakers at all? I got a couple and my black and red one is a wall hanger but the silver one I've thrown a bit and it's very nice. Like a McBeth era Destroyer.

Anyone else throwing the gold rim cloudbreakers at all? I got a couple and my black and red one is a wall hanger but the silver one I've thrown a bit and it's very nice. Like a McBeth era Destroyer.

My two golden Cloudbreakers are very OS. I can flex them, but it's better to just throw something less stable. BUT- fantastic in any headwind.

Looks like Discmania is officially part of House of Discs. There is a little blog post on Discmania's site and Facebook talking about the announcement.

Recently picked up my first Discmania Disc looking for solid headwind disc. A purple DD3 S-Line, and a white interior and pink outter rim Horizon Cloudbreaker both are flat. The DD3 has flown the furthest into a headwind than any other disc I've owned, and the Cloudbreaker not too far behind it, both on different lines. I'm interested in checking out the other 12-speeds, and the DD1, and DD 11-speeds looking for flat discs.

My question is I've been reading comments about these discs on OTB, and some are referencing colors such as the 2022 Cloudbreaker Creator Series that light purple means a straight mid-flight. DD3 that grey is beefy, blue a flippy bomber flat, yellow a rocket, and I had found a comment about orange a few days ago but can't remember what it was. Since I'm not finding a color code chart on Discmania website, it seems these comments are just personnel experiences, or perhaps the color of the disc does mean something? Thoughts?

Which is the more OS approach disc: Tactic/ Razor Claw or MD5?
RC Tactic, in my experience, but I might have some perception bias between the MD5 and Mutant (ergo since the MD5 is less over stable than the Mutant, I have a perception it's less OS than the RC Tactic - totally irrational, I know). I think the MD5 is a more competent midrange than the Mutant*, but I don't really use the MD5 in the same situations I would use the RC Tactic

(*TBC, I LOVE the Mutant, it's stupid fun to throw)

Of note, but not surprising: DM has retired the Rainmaker and the Razor Claw Tactic (but, interestingly, not the Cloudbreaker). Which is a little sad, because both the Rainmaker and Razor Claw Tactic are awesome discs

I posted this in another thread, but I hope these discs continue on maybe with a new name. I'm curious why they were retired, especially the RC Tactic since it was, basically, a premium plastic version of the Tactic. There's precedence since the (Full) Tilt was retired, too, with no direct replacement

For those that have thrown both the S-line and C-line CD1, how big is the difference in stability? I tried a S-Line for the first time yesterday and really hoped it would fly well since it sits so well in my hand, but this thing was legit flippy. Even in a tailwind I had to put it on a pretty deep hyzer for it not to flip up and over and not come back.

I'd give the S-Line 9,5,-2,1. IMO it's just as understable as an Essence.

For those that have thrown both the S-line and C-line CD1, how big is the difference in stability? I tried a S-Line for the first time yesterday and really hoped it would fly well since it sits so well in my hand, but this thing was legit flippy. Even in a tailwind I had to put it on a pretty deep hyzer for it not to flip up and over and not come back.

I'd give the S-Line 9,5,-2,1. IMO it's just as understable as an Essence.
Are your s-lines the Colton Montgomery signature series? I have a couple of those and a new stock stamp CD1. The CM discs are definitely flippy, but the stock CD1 will barely turn over if at all. I have a c-line from the mystery box but I haven't thrown it yet

No, mine is a stock stamp S-Line CD1. Yellow if that matters.

There's a noticeable difference in stability between all 3 runs of CD1 so far from Discmania. In order from least to most stable.

Zeta Moon Swirly S line
S line
C line

Latest posts