[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

I took my Gyropalooza 2022 Waves out this morning (173g Eclipse, 173g Neutron) and was quite impressed.

I'd been throwing Craves, Servos and Relays pretty much exclusively the past six weeks, so perhaps I was a little more impressed than I should have been. A nice straight 330' or so, which is as far as I throw (apart from a mutant 360' with a Thrasher one day). Nice turn and face and pretty much landed dead on the line I threw it down.

My only experience with Waves were weird dome-y Fission ones that seemed to fly all over the sky. They quickly moved on.
These seemed much better. Will keep one in the bag for a while.

Last edited:
I was looking forward to putting with my electron eclipse Envy, thinking that it would free up my old Eclipse Envy for throwing duty.

Turns out I like throwing the electron one way more and putting with the Eclipse…

I saw it was locked on part V and I was like

"Crap what did I say this time?"

Yeah I'm an electron thrower and premium envy putter. Seems like a good way to go. Those electron glow are amazeballs

Last edited:
I had a feeling when part V moved away from MVP discs and into semantics it was time for a part VI.

That said I think I've finally got my bag pretty well figured out. Got myself a 10 year anniversary volt to start beating the over stability out of. Picked up a sweet blue proton drift I can move the neutron drift to the back up role. Finally got myself a medium harp. I know it's not MVP but maybe this is motivation for them to figure out the issues with they are experiencing in manufacturing that mold 😅

Ordered some Rhythms around 162. Looking forward to seeing how they fly.

Two are described as "somewhat flat", and two as having "neutral flatness" so we shall see whether that makes any difference.

Generally I prefer when manufacturers mold discs consistently, so I can order replacements with no surprises.

4!!!! Geeeeezzzz Geez, I hope these turn out better than those uplinks I feel partially responsible for

Yeah I'm an electron thrower and premium envy putter. Seems like a good way to go. Those electron glow are amazeballs

haha i thought something went down too

4!!!! Geeeeezzzz Geez, I hope these turn out better than those uplinks I feel partially responsible for

Nah, you're off the hook. I take responsibility for my purchases.

I always worry about ordering 1 or 2 of a new disc I wanted to try, falling in love with the disc, and not being able to get backups. Happened a few times.

If I don't love the Rhythm I'll just lose 'em or sell 'em. :D

They throw super well. I love that they are a little beefy like an old Neutron soft. Just wish they were a touch less firm, in the cold it feels like slate.

*relative cold, this is GA after all*

They throw super well. I love that they are a little beefy like an old Neutron soft. Just wish they were a touch less firm, in the cold it feels like slate.

*relative cold, this is GA after all*

Yeah it's not that bad up here... whats 2C in F? (35.6)

I wasn't into the firm at first but the flight was freaky awesome and the firm electron eclipse has an extra sexy texture, kinda smooth but weirdly grippy like a Strung out and hairless ball sac. In a good way. Like pockets of texture.

Last edited:
Yeah it's not that bad up here... whats 2C in F?

Rough conversion is double C plus 32 = F

Actual equation is (9/5)*C+32 = F

Or I have a unit conversion calculator on my phone

Anyway 2C = 36F

I wasn't into the firm at first but the flight was freaky awesome and the firm electron eclipse has an extra sexy texture, kinda smooth but weirdly grippy like a Strung out and hairless ball sac. In a good way. Like pockets of texture.

Strung out and hairless ball sac, eh? :D

Me, I like Soft Electron Envy for throwing and Soft Electron Proxy for putting. One of these days I'll have enough beat-up Envies to putt with but they are surprisingly resilient, even though I mostly play in the woods.

Must be 'cuz I'm soooooo good at not hitting trees. :rolleyes:

Or maybe I just don't throw hard enough. :(

I was looking forward to putting with my electron eclipse Envy, thinking that it would free up my old Eclipse Envy for throwing duty.

Turns out I like throwing the electron one way more and putting with the Eclipse…

I don't see a lot of people talking about putting with the Eclipse Envys. I'm thinking about trying it for a while. I picked one up in October for a glow round, then got a Color Glow and a lab second Eclipse in my gyropalooza box. I have other throwing putters that I like throwing right now, and I haven't really found a putting putter that I love yet, so I figured I might try putting with them for a while and just see how it goes.

Last edited:
I don't see a lot of people talking about putting with the Eclipse Envys. I'm thinking about trying it for a while. I picked one up in October for a glow round, then got a Color Glow and a lab second Eclipse in my gyropalooza box. I have other throwing putters that I like throwing right now, and I haven't really found a putting putter that I love yet, so I figured I might try putting with them for a while and just see how it goes.

My normal putter is a Swan, but I like to go 100% for those rounds so I tried a crap ton of glow putters and this 168 eclipse Envy does really well. I would recommend trying it.

I write "GO IN" on it with my flashlight before putting and it usually listens.

So, a couple of things

I putt with a 1.0 Eclipse Envy, which is more stable and a little less grippy than my 2.0 Envies.

I do this for a couple of reasons.

First, I carry a very small bag, and my putter is used for double duty as an approach/driving putter. I like the 1.0 Envy because it's more stable than my other Envies, which can be helpful on the approaches, and within 30', all putters really putt the same, and I like the feel of any Envy in my hand.

Second, I am ridiculous and also color theme my bag. I'm rolling with an all white bag right now, and don't have any white Envies otherwise, so the 1.0 is the closest I have. I have an alternate bag that is all blue and my Envy for that bag is Neutron Soft, or Electron, depending on my mood (I have 3 blue Envies that I'll rotate between but those two are most common).

Anyway, the point is, they putt fine, just like every other putter. You may have other reasons for carrying one plastic over another, but Envies putt like Envies, regardless of plastic in my experience.

Anyway, the point is, they putt fine, just like every other putter. You may have other reasons for carrying one plastic over another, but Envies putt like Envies, regardless of plastic in my experience.

I mostly agree, your choice in putters is obviously the right answer. But.....

The electron envy is a different putting experience it is not like other envy's. They are close, I would consider them more proxy or ohmish. :D hmm Amish omish could be a pun there for later...

Point is your mostly right but the electrons have a much straighter carry, I miss a bunch of baskets near side with them. I love em outside the circle for a straight laser putt but they lack the fade up close that I love.

I love my MVP discs, have been throwing them since 2015 and still have some of the OG molds in my bag. I've started throwing streamline recently and love them too, they are a good change up from the overmolds.

I have to say I am shocked at what has happened to the fb community. Now it seems like there is a large population of whiners and treasure hunters instead of people who like to throw MVP discs. I even got "lectured" by a fan boy who strongly didn't like that I said I prefer some of Streamline and ThoughtSpace's single mold discs better than the over mold discs.

I love my MVP discs, have been throwing them since 2015 and still have some of the OG molds in my bag. I've started throwing streamline recently and love them too, they are a good change up from the overmolds.

I have to say I am shocked at what has happened to the fb community. Now it seems like there is a large population of whiners and treasure hunters instead of people who like to throw MVP discs. I even got "lectured" by a fan boy who strongly didn't like that I said I prefer some of Streamline and ThoughtSpace's single mold discs better than the over mold discs.

It's definitely gotten to be a little more of an echo chamber. Gyro was met with skepticism and for a long time it looked like people either liked gyro or hated it. Now it's almost like you either have to bag only gyro or you are some blaspheming disc golfer to far let a solo mold disc touch your overmold.

But honestly there's a ton of good discs out there and no one should be afraid to mix it up. I've tried a lot of stuff and know that the envy, reactor, and volt are almost certainly going to be staples in my bag. The jury is still out on the zenith for me. But I absolutely love drifts and I like the lobster better than an uplink although that was a close battle. I putt with wizards, and throw eagles too.

It's important to know why you throw what you throw. I prefer mvp/streamline stuff first because I know all the molds and plastics really well. So I don't have to really think too hard when trying something new. But it's also important not to be a blind fanboy. I still think electron is not the greatest baseline out there. Idk to each there own, but it is disappointing to see the gate keeping sometimes

You are both blasphemers!! !!!!!!!!

Ain't no solo mold touching my stuff except for the "gifts" I get... :( how do I make a Barry. . Hah... barfing face? Something better than an uplink? Give your head a shake man!!!! I oughta slap you upside the head with my glowing donut eclipse proton Tangent

....Yeah the FB MVP community has grown quickly from a solid fan base to a bandwagon full of new and special people. It's the price of success!

...And yeah the whiney treasure hunters... F em!! Damn that makes me angry. Oooh I bought 4 gyro boxes and all I got was 48 discs.... Meh...

You don't buy them for profit, you buy gyropalooza boxes because you love gyro and want to buy in random bulk. Let me tell you how happy I am I can get them "up here" for reasonable (mildly excessive X 2 ended...) shipping. MVP has been careful to curb treasure hunters by producing lots of a desirable mold.. You want one you got one!

Funny thing is.... the real cool, OG stuff doesn't seem to have the value I'd expect, like some stuff is high but not unreasonable, some of the new stuff is ridiculously overvalued and there are 100X as many produced. The nostalgia factor of silver sharpie with disc weight and a round white sticker spacer is lost on these punks!

Last edited:

Latest posts