• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

.... And while we're at it... or I am....

Those poop brown dark red with deep forest slime black rock green plasma discs.... Why doesn't MVP do a buyback and R2 those things in flat black with no lettering. They would sell better than the camouflage army they've produced and maybe I could get a plasma tesla in a colour I can find in less than an hour. Sell them to the idiots that love black discs!!!

People would chew up those diarrhea colour **** sandwich discs up if they made them into an Oreo.

Well, if its not the greatest it's still better than most. I'll take electron over Innova DX or the trilogy prime stuff any day.

For sure. In fairness this is based off how quickly my nomads beat up compared to BT medium Pure's or SSS wizards

I also think there is a difference in durability between the stiffnesses. I have an electron firm envy that's taken a lot of abuse and is scraped up but ok nonetheless. The nomads were soft.

It's definitely gotten to be a little more of an echo chamber. Gyro was met with skepticism and for a long time it looked like people either liked gyro or hated it. Now it's almost like you either have to bag only gyro or you are some blaspheming disc golfer to far let a solo mold disc touch your overmold.

But honestly there's a ton of good discs out there and no one should be afraid to mix it up. I've tried a lot of stuff and know that the envy, reactor, and volt are almost certainly going to be staples in my bag. The jury is still out on the zenith for me. But I absolutely love drifts and I like the lobster better than an uplink although that was a close battle. I putt with wizards, and throw eagles too.

It's important to know why you throw what you throw. I prefer mvp/streamline stuff first because I know all the molds and plastics really well. So I don't have to really think too hard when trying something new. But it's also important not to be a blind fanboy. I still think electron is not the greatest baseline out there. Idk to each there own, but it is disappointing to see the gate keeping sometimes

Streamline's line up now reminds me of what I loved about MVP 7 years ago. Good plastics, simple line up, not much overthought required to choose the disc I want. Easy to pick an understable fairway, or a stable driver without sorting through 15 discs that do the same thing. Plus it is still in the MVP family. I don't owe them any loyalty but I do like the company and plastics.

You are both blasphemers!! !!!!!!!!

Ain't no solo mold touching my stuff except for the "gifts" I get... :( how do I make a Barry. . Hah... barfing face? Something better than an uplink? Give your head a shake man!!!! I oughta slap you upside the head with my glowing donut eclipse proton Tangent

....Yeah the FB MVP community has grown quickly from a solid fan base to a bandwagon full of new and special people. It's the price of success!

...And yeah the whiney treasure hunters... F em!! Damn that makes me angry. Oooh I bought 4 gyro boxes and all I got was 48 discs.... Meh...

You don't buy them for profit, you buy gyropalooza boxes because you love gyro and want to buy in random bulk. Let me tell you how happy I am I can get them "up here" for reasonable (mildly excessive X 2 ended...) shipping. MVP has been careful to curb treasure hunters by producing lots of a desirable mold.. You want one you got one!

Funny thing is.... the real cool, OG stuff doesn't seem to have the value I'd expect, like some stuff is high but not unreasonable, some of the new stuff is ridiculously overvalued and there are 100X as many produced. The nostalgia factor of silver sharpie with disc weight and a round white sticker spacer is lost on these punks!

Nah man, Vertex is where it is at for understable small diameter mids!

Ducks and hides...

Nah man, Vertex is where it is at for understable small diameter mids!

Ducks and hides...

No need to hide, I won't be into my jolly juice for at least another 12hrs.... :D

It's a fantastic putter, but another of the old limited distance mids. I still have a new Skulboy vertex somewhere. Thanks to their lackluster glide on the first gen mids I learned hot to throw putters further.

Thanks again MVP you made me better by accident!

I've been trying to figure out where I would place the rhythm against other discs... It's more stable than a signal but just as capable of turn, long turn, kinda like a mellower fade switch. The fade is a lot like an uplink, the glide is like a good insanity. I think the insanity is the closest disc to it. Long turns little hookup, but under power it's cruising straight like a well thrown inertia.

Last edited:
Found a glow eclipse reactor on a fairway.

Was quite more OS than my neutron and consistently flying shorter than my electron proxies.

Proved handy in a headwind a couple times, but I was perplexed by the lack of distance.

Found a glow eclipse reactor on a fairway.

Was quite more OS than my neutron and consistently flying shorter than my electron proxies.

Proved handy in a headwind a couple times, but I was perplexed by the lack of distance.

I've had an Eclipse Reactor for 4 months handles the wind, and dead straight with a touch of fade. Your right about the lack of distance, I've hit pole several times, today hit the band on short basket going for long basket 50 feet past. I keep misjudging the distance. My Fission Hex takes care of distance.

Reading the post's on putting with Envy's, I think I'm the only one so far putting with a Prism Plasma Envy. Best putter I've had and handles strong wind. Been working it back to 40 feet so far, past that I use an R2 Nomad.

Any MVP/Axiom putter that compares close to a Pig. Both the Nomad and Envy doesn't come close to distance. Had also used an Electron Ion, and Electron Proxy didn't putt very well with them, and same deal on distance.

I had a feeling when part V moved away from MVP discs and into semantics it was time for a part VI.

That said I think I've finally got my bag pretty well figured out. Got myself a 10 year anniversary volt to start beating the over stability out of. Picked up a sweet blue proton drift I can move the neutron drift to the back up role. Finally got myself a medium harp. I know it's not MVP but maybe this is motivation for them to figure out the issues with they are experiencing in manufacturing that mold 😅

Someone started talking about harps, zones and rocs. =)

I don't see a lot of people talking about putting with the Eclipse Envys. I'm thinking about trying it for a while. I picked one up in October for a glow round, then got a Color Glow and a lab second Eclipse in my gyropalooza box. I have other throwing putters that I like throwing right now, and I haven't really found a putting putter that I love yet, so I figured I might try putting with them for a while and just see how it goes.

Glow envy's are great for putting when you have to putt into head winds or cross winds.

I mostly agree, your choice in putters is obviously the right answer. But.....

The electron envy is a different putting experience it is not like other envy's. They are close, I would consider them more proxy or ohmish. :D hmm Amish omish could be a pun there for later...

Point is your mostly right but the electrons have a much straighter carry, I miss a bunch of baskets near side with them. I love em outside the circle for a straight laser putt but they lack the fade up close that I love.

The electron envy's are a different mold too. They are one of the few discs from MVP that actually have a different flight number set stamped on them and it feels fairly accurate.

I'm not a huge base plastic guy because I drive with all my putters, and ... well. Electron can be nice, but I dont' get consistant releases from it anymore.

It's definitely gotten to be a little more of an echo chamber. Gyro was met with skepticism and for a long time it looked like people either liked gyro or hated it. Now it's almost like you either have to bag only gyro or you are some blaspheming disc golfer to far let a solo mold disc touch your overmold.

But honestly there's a ton of good discs out there and no one should be afraid to mix it up. I've tried a lot of stuff and know that the envy, reactor, and volt are almost certainly going to be staples in my bag. The jury is still out on the zenith for me. But I absolutely love drifts and I like the lobster better than an uplink although that was a close battle. I putt with wizards, and throw eagles too.

It's important to know why you throw what you throw. I prefer mvp/streamline stuff first because I know all the molds and plastics really well. So I don't have to really think too hard when trying something new. But it's also important not to be a blind fanboy. I still think electron is not the greatest baseline out there. Idk to each there own, but it is disappointing to see the gate keeping sometimes

The haters gonna hate. Gyro "does" work. It's not magical anything... but people cannot accept that the gyro stuff gives the discs different flight paths and finishes.

Well, if its not the greatest it's still better than most. I'll take electron over Innova DX or the trilogy prime stuff any day.

Good god the new DX is awful. It's like oily PVC.
And I've never liked any of the Trillogy baseline plastics.

I'm not a huge Baseline plastic guy, but electron is really good.

Those poop brown dark red with deep forest slime black rock green plasma discs.... Why doesn't MVP do a buyback and R2 those things in flat black with no lettering. They would sell better than the camouflage army they've produced and maybe I could get a plasma tesla in a colour I can find in less than an hour. Sell them to the idiots that love black discs!!!

People would chew up those diarrhea colour **** sandwich discs up if they made them into an Oreo.

Good god MVP will send out some awful colors somtimes, like why, nobody is going to buy that on our store shelf.
Dark maroon red?
Nobody, nobody is going to buy it.

For sure. In fairness this is based off how quickly my nomads beat up compared to BT medium Pure's or SSS wizards

I also think there is a difference in durability between the stiffnesses. I have an electron firm envy that's taken a lot of abuse and is scraped up but ok nonetheless. The nomads were soft.

Firm is pretty durable in the MVP lineup for baseline.
Nomads only come in medium(normal) or soft.

It's a fantastic putter, but another of the old limited distance mids. I still have a new Skulboy vertex somewhere. Thanks to their lackluster glide on the first gen mids I learned hot to throw putters further.

Thanks again MVP you made me better by accident!

I've been trying to figure out where I would place the rhythm against other discs... It's more stable than a signal but just as capable of turn, long turn, kinda like a mellower fade switch. The fade is a lot like an uplink, the glide is like a good insanity. I think the insanity is the closest disc to it. Long turns little hookup, but under power it's cruising straight like a well thrown inertia.

Vertex was a 5 speed 13mm class disc.
Thats far from a putter sir. =)

And yeah, the rhythm has sneaky low power distance, its annoying.

Closest you'll get to a Pig is an Entropy.

Some of the particles were closer to a pig.
And some of the OG OG proton envy's.

But as for an actual "overstable" putter, for some reason MVP has not cared.
And the entropy is a mid compared to the pig as a putter, which is just down and dirty.

Stabalizer is close too.
Runway is back to a mid.

I had a credit at the MVP Pro Shop last year and asked for no harvest camo. They came through, but it's interesting in the value neutral curiosity sense that they continue to produce them. It feels like it would just frustrate vendors and partners to have that stock sitting as appears to be the case from my admittedly non-scientific web study regularly conducted in lingering fashion with beverage in hand.

I mostly agree, your choice in putters is obviously the right answer. But.....

The electron envy is a different putting experience it is not like other envy's. They are close, I would consider them more proxy or ohmish. :D hmm Amish omish could be a pun there for later...

Point is your mostly right but the electrons have a much straighter carry, I miss a bunch of baskets near side with them. I love em outside the circle for a straight laser putt but they lack the fade up close that I love.

I mean, sure, they're slightly different discs, but inside the circle, all putters fly the same for me. Maybe it's my putting style, but I practice with both Proxies and Envies and they fly identical within the range of my backyard, which gives me about 45-50' for putts. Heck, even some mids putt the same, like the 4 speed Theories and Aliases I have. I really only notice a difference when it comes to drives with my Electron Envies, and even that really depends on the individual disc. I have an Area 51 Med E Envy that is much less stable than any of my Proxies at this point, and a newer Med E Envy that is still one of my most stable Envies on drives and approaches. They putt the same though, and the same as my stable Eclipse 1.0 Envy and the same as my Neutron Soft Proxy, my Neutron Proxy, my Plasma Proxy, and my Med E Proxy (and my stack of Plasma, Neutron Soft, and Proton Envies).

Closest you'll get to a Pig is an Entropy.

That's a possibility and read up on it, described as a durable overstable workhorse for approaches, and high wind. Looks like I'll have a disc war for the pig, which I've had for more than two years. It's now out in Plasma which works well with high wind, as with my other plasmas. Maybe for Christmas one of the children will pull thru and just pass on an Amazon gift card:) Thank you!

I had a credit at the MVP Pro Shop last year and asked for no harvest camo. They came through, but it's interesting in the value neutral curiosity sense that they continue to produce them. It feels like it would just frustrate vendors and partners to have that stock sitting as appears to be the case from my admittedly non-scientific web study regularly conducted in lingering fashion with beverage in hand.

I think maybe it's gotten better since production moved in house? I haven't seen nearly as many God awful puke green/dirt brown discs since. I also haven't really looked for new plastic in a while either so maybe I'm wrong.

Meh. MVP didn't start the trend of crappy earth tone discs. They just followed the lead of other companies who were already making discs in horrible colors.

How are the flat Rythyms flying? I just grabbed a couple, hoping that they are more OS.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

How are the flat Rythyms flying?

I've only thrown a handful, but the stock stamp Rhythms are more OS compared to the Circuit Rhythms thus far to me.

First round with stock Neutron Rhythms, low 160s. They seem very straight, with some fade if given enough height. Stable enough to toss a stand-up hyzer downhill. If I wanted it to hold a turn I had to put some anny on it.

Seems like a great woods disc so far. Very workable. Pretty intuitive. So far I like.

Never threw Circuit Rhythms, so I can't compare those.

Usual caveat: Some of y'all throw way farther than me.

Latest posts