• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Went to a course throwing about five putters off the tee on each hole. Main focus was comparing the Envy to the Atom.
(...)
My 168g Cosmic Electron Atom is as straight as a disc can be (my favorite disc with my Fission Wave).
My 172g beat in Cosmic Electron Soft Atom has no fade, with -1 turn.
My 163g Neutron Envy has very little fade, something like +0.5.
My 170g Proton Atom is what I thought my Envy would be, I'd say +1.5 fade.

My 168g Cosmic Electron Atom is as straight as a disc can be (my favorite disc with my Fission Wave).
My 172g beat in Cosmic Electron Soft Atom has no fade, with -1 turn.
My 163g Neutron Envy has very little fade, something like +0.5.
My 170g Proton Atom is what I thought my Envy would be, I'd say +1.5 fade.

Here's the icing on the cake for me. I snagged a soft electron from an eBay seller and it came in and it's a soft electron PFN atom 🤌🏻

Here's the icing on the cake for me. I snagged a soft electron from an eBay seller and it came in and it's a soft electron PFN atom ����

Good score!!!

I tried thata few years back with some random internet low traffic disc stores looking for older run fission teslas, the ones they had listed with the lowest disc numbers.. Sherlock level..

I did not succeed. Haha.

Though it looks like a kind person on here might be able to hook me up with a backup pp 155. :D that would increase my confidence, it's nice having a magic unicorn disc but it's tough to throw it past hazards (when you really need it!) when you can't replace it.

I would love it if MVP would intentionally run some molds with a low plh. Call them a U (understable) series or something. I'd buy a stack of tesla U's or LPLH or Lites.. They must know how to do it, right?

Absolutely they could…I think…as for me I wasn't even searching for PFN. I just wanted a soft electron atom in a specific color…found it…bought it. Didn't even look to see if there were flight numbers or not. It was a great surprise

Pretty sure I have a few MVP discs without flight numbers. Pretty sure I have a Wave, an Inertia, a Volt, and an Amp that don't have flight numbers. Seems like I haven't had them for a real long time. When did they start sticking flight numbers on their discs?

Pretty sure I have a few MVP discs without flight numbers. Pretty sure I have a Wave, an Inertia, a Volt, and an Amp that don't have flight numbers. Seems like I haven't had them for a real long time. When did they start sticking flight numbers on their discs?

I want to say it was sometime back in 2018 maybe? I forget exactly but I had a few ions that I purchased in 2015/2016 that didn't. After those ion's I want to say the next time I purchased MVP was right in the 2018/2019 year and those had flight numbers for sure.

2018 sounds about right... the last run of great relays.. I got a bunch and they had flight numbers.

Got an awesome present....$50 to a disc golf store (online). Now I'm semi-patiently awaiting the arrival of my Motion, Resistor, and Wave.

I bag understable/stable discs - except for a really old Resistor - and it was suggested that I need to add an overstable disc to my bag. I went out with an Innova Banshee to see if I really needed overstable and did throw it a bunch. So, a Motion as my 9 speed overstable and replacing my old Resistor (it spent way too long in a lake before getting back to me). Also, a lightweight Wave to replace my Tern.

Now I just need the discs to arrive and the weather to improve, (lots of rain here in Arizona) then I can see if the new discs actually find a place in my bag.

Go Gyro!!!!

I am patiently awaiting the arrival of electron Terras. JCIII mentioned in his latest 'in-the-bag' video that after loosing his beatup volt he is still trying to figure out if there is space in his bag for the terra and volt (especially when the volt is fresh).

I have always had volts, but really love the hand-feel of the terra. With electron Terras on there way, I am also very interested to see if I can just have a singular rotation of Terra's or if the volt still has a place.

If you get electron Tera's before I get my electron Entropy I'm going to be sending hate mail to MVP. Just saying.

Start writing that letter. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Gyropalooza video this year they said they have had a tough time with the entropy mold in electron plastic for some reason. And JCIII has already posted pictures of the Electron Terra stamped discs. I think one is a lot closer to release than the other

Start writing that letter. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Gyropalooza video this year they said they have had a tough time with the entropy mold in electron plastic for some reason. And JCIII has already posted pictures of the Electron Terra stamped discs. I think one is a lot closer to release than the other

I'm about at the point where I'm going to hunt down some more of those winter series Entropy's from a couple of years ago and just pay a little for them.

I'm about at the point where I'm going to hunt down some more of those winter series Entropy's from a couple of years ago and just pay a little for them.

James used to throw an electron entropy but his most recent ITB it wasn't there. I tried the experiment with Harps and what I found was that when my BT Medium harp beat into a straight flier it was severely overlapping with my Atoms. So I am personally sticking to premium plastic. I still see the merit in carrying two of any version of the OS putter (zone, harp, toro, entropy, etc.) with a freshie and a slightly beat in version. But that BT Medium beat in way to fast to overlap with the Atom.

James used to throw an electron entropy but his most recent ITB it wasn't there. I tried the experiment with Harps and what I found was that when my BT Medium harp beat into a straight flier it was severely overlapping with my Atoms. So I am personally sticking to premium plastic. I still see the merit in carrying two of any version of the OS putter (zone, harp, toro, entropy, etc.) with a freshie and a slightly beat in version. But that BT Medium beat in way to fast to overlap with the Atom.

I get the point. I just prefer my approach discs in base plastic as they provide me with a confident grip in all seasons and I'm okay with rotating in fresh ones as needed.

Honestly, the similarity in hand feel between the Envy and Entropy is why I was hoping to start bagging the Entropy and cycling them. I figured once I had a couple beat into submission that eventually I could just phase out the Envy and bag a few Entropy's for everything approach related.

I get the point. I just prefer my approach discs in base plastic as they provide me with a confident grip in all seasons and I'm okay with rotating in fresh ones as needed.

Honestly, the similarity in hand feel between the Envy and Entropy is why I was hoping to start bagging the Entropy and cycling them. I figured once I had a couple beat into submission that eventually I could just phase out the Envy and bag a few Entropy's for everything approach related.

There is definitely and opportunity there that is for sure. I am not sure what is being so difficult, they are able to produce every other putter in baseline but the entropy mold seems to be a problem.

There is definitely and opportunity there that is for sure. I am not sure what is being so difficult, they are able to produce every other putter in baseline but the entropy mold seems to be a problem.

The one that I do have seems just fine. Nothing quirky about it so I know it can be done. I just think they allocated all of their electron pellets for the massive runs of the Envy and Nomad that they kicked out after James won worlds. I thought if I was patient they'd eventually kick out a run of the Entropy in electron and I could stock up.

The one that I do have seems just fine. Nothing quirky about it so I know it can be done. I just think they allocated all of their electron pellets for the massive runs of the Envy and Nomad that they kicked out after James won worlds. I thought if I was patient they'd eventually kick out a run of the Entropy in electron and I could stock up.

Yeah I expected a bunch of electron entropy after world's as well. With how often he threw it and the ace... if not for the "holy shot" I think he would have done signature entropy 's

I think I now have a happy bag with my 5 and 6 speeds, with a Relay filling in a void a few weeks ago. The process started with a Crave back in May, with it being my third MVP disc. There was a discussion with the Relay's a short time ago, that caught my attention, and the next time I went to PIAS there were two to choose from, first time seeing Relay's since June. I took no practice time with it because I'm focused on transitioning from x-step to 3-step starting with putters, so it was a 2nd disc on my first course visit with it. That disc can fly! Just short of my 9-speeds, except for my Insanity longer than the other 9-speeds. My flanks are now well protected with the Relay and Pyro, both can recover and chip when needed. I've been overshooting a few baskets something I normally don't do. Anyway, this is my lineup:

................ Neutron Relay 168g Plasma Crave 170g Plasma Servo 167g

..........................Neutron Hex 179g Fission Hex 177g Eclipse Reactor 174g Prism Plasma Pyro 179g

Flights patterns looks something like that. Willing to take another look with the Signal, Resistor, and a first look at the Deflector when I finish with the 3-step transition.

Last edited:
I bought a spin and a glitch to compare

Got the glitch

But instead of a spin, a nomad was sent. They're different, right? The spin wasn't renamed the nomad or something?