• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

I bought a spin and a glitch to compare

Got the glitch

But instead of a spin, a nomad was sent. They're different, right? The spin wasn't renamed the nomad or something?

Nope it wasn't renamed, they're different. The spin/glitch is a good comparison. Personally I'm still leaning spin but I'm in the minority.

Our club is running fun, quirky social events over the Summer here in the land of Oz. Today was a two disc round in the clubs colours (one white disc, one blue disc). I went with a Hokum Crave (blue) and a K1 Soft Berg (white). The Crave was a great performer - it's just so versatile. It handled everything into 120' and the Berg took over. Think I can sell off another 150 discs now …

Was negotiating with my local disc shop over vending at my tournaments among other things and he had an Eclipse Resistor I grabbed because it looked cool.

Anyone thrown one yet?

PIAS used bin finds yesterday.

Patent pending volt and patent pending gummy plasma Tesla.

Volt is nice and flat, but surprisingly the plh is higher than my newer run mild dome neutron volt and newer run flattish proton volt. Nose shape looks a bit different than either though and feels a lot better in a FH grip.

Tesla is gonna be money I think. More seasoned than the volt, I'm expecting this to be a laser beam with a subtle fade at the end. Lower plh than my newer run proton Tesla and about equal plh to my upper 150's cosmic neutron Tesla.

Attachments

• D1883D39-DD4B-4754-85B6-0199E03776A3.jpg
    D1883D39-DD4B-4754-85B6-0199E03776A3.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 38
Was negotiating with my local disc shop over vending at my tournaments among other things and he had an Eclipse Resistor I grabbed because it looked cool.

Anyone thrown one yet?

I ordered a couple for my glow bag but had not thrown them ... until today.

Compared to my other Resistors which range from mini-Fireball's to basically another Volt, these are certainly in the overstable Fireball range.

I ordered a couple for my glow bag but had not thrown them ... until today.

Compared to my other Resistors which range from mini-Fireball's to basically another Volt, these are certainly in the overstable Fireball range.

That's what I wanted to hear. Looking for a bridge between my glow Justice and Felon for a couple holes. I always seem to blow by them with the Felon and come up on c1 short with the Justice.

That's what I wanted to hear. Looking for a bridge between my glow Justice and Felon for a couple holes. I always seem to blow by them with the Felon and come up on c1 short with the Justice.

Eclipse 2.0 Resistor should be just what you're looking for in that case.

Having so much fun with the glitch, and I never thought I would.

Being that I don't care for lids, 150s, or trendy stuff, I'm surprised to be in love

But it feels smooth to toss and has an interesting flight. Putting with it isn't bad either. To describe it in one word I'll say "refreshing"

Having so much fun with the glitch, and I never thought I would.

Being that I don't care for lids, 150s, or trendy stuff, I'm surprised to be in love

But it feels smooth to toss and has an interesting flight. Putting with it isn't bad either. To describe it in one word I'll say "refreshing"

Yeah a lot of people have been surprised and liking it... what's so awesome about it?

I've got one already, well 3 :D I can't quite get into it, but it's been fun, definitely unique. I don't have anything like it. No lid, no putter, no aerobie ring.. Nothing flies like it. I've been falling back to the spin.

So, my 4 MVP/Axiom mid plan has been going pretty well(Matrix/Hex/Uplink/Paradox). There is one somewhat surprising gap though, and I may fill it in a really strange way. My current Hex does not show -1 at all. My Uplink is too US for longish tunnels. As it turns out, I have an old Matrix that actually flies like -1/0.5. So, it may end up being Matrix/Hex/Matrix/Uplink. The two Maxtrices do not even look like the same mold. Was there a tweak in this one I missed?

So, my 4 MVP/Axiom mid plan has been going pretty well(Matrix/Hex/Uplink/Paradox). There is one somewhat surprising gap though, and I may fill it in a really strange way. My current Hex does not show -1 at all. My Uplink is too US for longish tunnels. As it turns out, I have an old Matrix that actually flies like -1/0.5. So, it may end up being Matrix/Hex/Matrix/Uplink. The two Maxtrices do not even look like the same mold. Was there a tweak in this one I missed?

I've been wondering about a lightish fission hex myself for that role... but I'm also hyzerflipping 180 soft uplinks in that role and probably not throwing as far as you :D I guess it depends on how long your long tunnels are. I've also been using a 160 fission reactor in that spot but it always sets down with a bit more fade

Its funny how the right envy just fits...

Got a killer proto glow envy, this thing is dead up dangerous.

Crazy straight, good enough to play during daylight... got two many envy but this is top 5. Crazy man. Gonna Grinch everyone.

There is one somewhat surprising gap though, and I may fill it in a really strange way. My current Hex does not show -1 at all. My Uplink is too US for longish tunnels.

I've decided to drop the Hex for a bit … my beat Eclipse Reactor was doing nearly the same thing. The Hex wasn't turning. I've put a Flx Buzzz SS that my son had in that Hex slot and am really liking it.

I've decided to drop the Hex for a bit … my beat Eclipse Reactor was doing nearly the same thing. The Hex wasn't turning. I've put a Flx Buzzz SS that my son had in that Hex slot and am really liking it.

I get that. Hex and Reactor are close enough that I rarely carry both in a 9-11 disc bag.

For my noodle, the Hex doesn't really turn but it will hold a turn, if that makes sense. :)

Simon coming to Team MVP on a 10 year contract!

I feel like Moose should be excited. You know his sig disc is gonna be something stupid OS lol

I wonder if they will make him something new or if he will be the first big time pro to really embrace the Flare…

Latest posts