• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania to partner with Yikun and Latitude 64

PD's, FD's, etc. are still coming from the states.

So they will still need to ship those over.

And won't their customers in the US want the new molds?

So they will need to ship those over here.

Seems they will spend more on shipping.
Or perhaps, they just don't ship overseas and people wanting the discs made on the opposite continent just acquire them through secondary channels.

As far as the brand dilution/creating something new to be separate from the norm...

Mvp did create axiom...

Overmolds went from black to colors other than black...

And people are complaining about this?

Lol

Anyone else notice that Ricky left Lat64 to go to Innova and now Innova is teaming up with Lat64.

Well...at least I thought it was funny.

-Dave

Anyone else notice that Ricky left Lat64 to go to Innova and now Innova is teaming up with Lat64.

Well...at least I thought it was funny.

-Dave

But Discmania isn't Innova. Innova just makes their discs with their mold pieces.

And now Discmania is going to design molds for Yikun and Lat 64 to produce.

It's all so confusing. Does Discmania really save that much money not making the discs themselves?

But Discmania isn't Innova. Innova just makes their discs with their mold pieces.

And now Discmania is going to design molds for Yikun and Lat 64 to produce.

It's all so confusing. Does Discmania really save that much money not making the discs themselves?

I suspect that Jussi doesn't want to mess with plastics, and instead wants to work with existing companies to get his discs molded. It may not be cheaper, but it is much easier that way.

As someone that has thrown a metric crap ton of Innova, Trilogy, Discraft, MVP, etc I wholeheartedly disagree with the notion that Trilogy's premium plastic is clearly inferior or less durable than Innova, etc. All discs break in with wear. I've had Innova discs "get flippy" just as quickly as Trilogy discs; it's probably dependent on the mold. Trilogy might break in a scooch faster but I doubt it's quantifiable to be honest. Even then, once the disc breaks in it stays there so even if you think Trilogy discs get too flippy you just have to pick a mold a bit more overstable than what you're looking for, like cycling DX discs except not as extreme.

I'd get some new discs from each company and slam them into walls after each throw to artificially simulate all this but it wouldn't solve anything b/c people refuse to budge from their positions anyway.

Thankfully Discmania will have a few new innova made molds this year. Confirmed in the DM Facebook group.

PSA: Jussi is our interview on The Upshot this week, which we will be recording here shortly. If you have questions you'd like answered post them here in the next 10-15 minutes, I'll keep refreshing the thread.

Pretty sure I am too late, but could we get a compare/contrast on regional BBQ in the US? Also, is there an equivalent food genre in Europe that can spark as much passion and loyalty as American BBQ?

Pretty sure I am too late, but could we get a compare/contrast on regional BBQ in the US? Also, is there an equivalent food genre in Europe that can spark as much passion and loyalty as American BBQ?

My European experience is limited to the UK and Ireland, but the regional fish and chips debates were pretty hot.

I chuckled, fwiw.

Some people are just too serious. In his defense though, there has been a lot of unintelligent blubber regarding the DM happenings, so it might have been easy to mistake your joke for that.

Keep trying tho Dave!

Yes. I will keep trying because as they say, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while."

As far as the brand dilution/creating something new to be separate from the norm...

Mvp did create axiom...

Overmolds went from black to colors other than black...

And people are complaining about this?

Lol

MVP literally created a new brand, this counteracts brand dilution. If Discmania had created new brands and called them Active and whatever the other is called, that would be different. Axiom is to MVP what Discmania is/was to Innova. Just a company that pays to use their equipment.