• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

Booter said:
aren't they discontinuing the cd and coming out with a cd2? Atleast that's what I've heard over the past few months
Where did you hear that one? They're coming up with a new driver for small arms, but I haven't heard anything about them discontinuing the CD...
juju said:
When can I get me a C-PD2? Going to European Open this year, hopefully I don't have to wait until then.
When the European Open 2011 fund raisers come out, should be some time before the tournament.

Ryan C said:
I would say that you probably do not really need a PD if you throw in the low 300 range. They fly best at 350+. If you really want to grab one, maybe try a P-line in 160-168g.

I throw em in the 300' - 325' range and really like S-PDs around 166. I throw em flat and they have a bit of turn and not too much fade.

When I play tourneys I usually develop bad habits over the course of the day and OAT is often one of them. So I usually use a 169 1.2 QOLF instead of an S-PD because it has basically the same early flight path (for me) with a touch more HSS, but the added LSS helps it come back even if I OAT it over.

I also like the S-TD in the high 160s for reliable S-shots and uphill drives.

josser said:
Ryan C said:
I would say that you probably do not really need a PD if you throw in the low 300 range. They fly best at 350+. If you really want to grab one, maybe try a P-line in 160-168g.

I throw em in the 300' - 325' range and really like S-PDs around 166. I throw em flat and they have a bit of turn and not too much fade.

When I play tourneys I usually develop bad habits over the course of the day and OAT is often one of them. So I usually use a 169 1.2 QOLF instead of an S-PD because it has basically the same early flight path (for me) with a touch more HSS, but the added LSS helps it come back even if I OAT it over.

I also like the S-TD in the high 160s for reliable S-shots and uphill drives.

Well, take it from this man. He throws them all the time. (But I know for a fact he can throw farther than 325'.)

D-TD coming out in Europe this March, finally the Turning Driver will turn out of the box (probably). =)

Personally I really like the DX Sidewinder, tons of fun to throw. The TD is a tad faster and more stable as it is in premium plastic, so this one should last a bit longer before turning uncontrollable.

jubuttib said:
D-TD coming out in Europe this March, finally the Turning Driver will turn out of the box (probably). =)

Personally I really like the DX Sidewinder, tons of fun to throw. The TD is a tad faster and more stable as it is in premium plastic, so this one should last a bit longer before turning uncontrollable.

AHH! D-Line?

I need my DP2 to be more readily available. fingers crossed!

And I love me my Star Roadrunner... from what I've been reading it sounds like I would like a TD as well yeah, sounds similar, but faster. meh... talking aloud at this point, but will always talk up D-Line when possible.

Received some D P2's from DGV and they had a new stamp! Well, to me at least.

This of course in turn made me pretty happy.

^understatement.

What, no picture? Boo!

There are some harder D-P2s stashed somewhere in the Discmania warehouse, I've come close to ordering them a couple of times...

Really? Are they listed on their site?

Also, I find it funny you ordering discs from an online retailer.

Guess he got desperate for D-P2s, they're a tad limited on your side of the pond.

psychop2.jpg

nothing too special, there's an eye inside the P, but I take it as a good sign that D-Line will be available (in the states) at some point again. Thank god, because I had finally settled down on a putter and it went oop.

and yeah, it felt a little weird, but I had to get some backups. had em delivered to mst too! :lol: Can't be having my neighbors with their sticky fingers gawking at my package... lol. package.

Whew, thankfully they didn't go the way of the Maniac with the Psycho stamp (I was worried about that...). Though I am disappointed that they chose to include it in the D-Line also, hopefully the P1 will stay nice and clean, apart from the P-Line obviously.

NoLifeLeft said:
The Discmania site lists the DD2 as available in S-Line. Anyone know when we'll see some?
It's been available in E* for a long time, those are stamped S-Line. They'll release regular S-Line later this year also.

Has anyone thrown a 150 S CD (Control Driver)? When I was throwing heavier drivers, a 165 CD was my longest forehand disc. I switched to 150-gram drivers, and I'm looking for something to complement my Valkyrie, but with a notch more HSS and LSS.

Anyone?

They have 150g S-CDs? I have only seen P-CDs in 150 class. Have you tried the S-PD in 150? I have a couple, and they're fun to throw.

http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/discmania150classslinecontroldrivercd-p-9902.html