• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discount Discs @ REI

REI has Star Makos, Destroyers, and Katanas on clearance for $11.83 each.

For anyone who has a store near them, this may be a great deal, but if you were to order online, shipping might kill any discount.

Also, ordering online does not give you any options in terms of stamp, weight, or color. I just picked up a few at the Flagship store in Denver, but some of the other larger stores may have decent selections as well.

As for their regular prices on discs, they are a little high, retailing @ $18 for star, and $19 for champion I-Dye.

wow...had no clue they sold discs? Have any idea if they sell them at all locations?

They do here in Chicago, haven't been to any other stores in a while to see if it's universal. Their prices are way high though.

That's a pretty good discount. I checked out the one in my area a couple of years ago and all they had was a handful of discs in Star plastic for $18.

Yeah, that's the current price for Star, but for some reason, the Katanas, Makos, and Destroyers are on clearance.

Yeah, they sell 'em here in Charlotte's REI (NorthLake Mall).

I might have to go check out and see if that is just a regional sale or not. I would spend $12 on some Star plastic for sure. I could sure use me another Star Destro!

They sell discs at every location i've been to, and i've been to REI in 5 different states so I'm sure they will.

It is definitely a national sale, honored at all locations, but not all stores actually carry the discs, and most that do have awfully small selections. As friction noted, it's probably not worth going unless you're already close to the store, or unless you're there for something else.

As a disc dyer, I can't STAND not being able to select the color of the disc! I think I would still feel this way even if I wasn't a dyer.

Does the REI no-questions return policy apply to discs?

Because that would make cycling discs very affordable.

They sell discs in Washington, ie Seattle, Alderwood, Bellingham, etc.

Does the REI no-questions return policy apply to discs?

Because that would make cycling discs very affordable.

I have wondered about that too...I purchase at least 1 disc on almost every REI visit to bump up my annual rebate, but I have never had a reason to return them.

At my local REI, they occasionally put about half of their disc stock on sale for $11.83. None of the workers have been able to explain why it happens like that & I don't care enough to seek out a manager. The only down side is that when you buy stuff on sale it does not count towards the rebate.

Free Pick-up

You can order online and have them shipped to your local store and pick them up for free if your store doesn't have any in stock, however, you won't get to pick weight or color. Thems the breaks.

They have them at the REI in Houston on Westhiemer. I picked up a Star Aero a couple of months ago for $9 dollars.