• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Drivers?

nonamecameron

I throw pretty much everything Innova, I have a couple Buzzz's though, but I was thinking about buying a Discraft or maybe even a Gateway driver. Anyone have any suggestions on any good ones?

i like Discraft's Stalker. it and the buzzz are really the only discrap i throw. never thrown a gateway driver, but their putters rule.

i like the predator.
mad overstable, balances out the fact that all my other discs in my bag are understable. ha

ESP Force... awesome disc

I use it for Overhands and Forehands and Backhands... hell I use it a lot
Seems to (usually) go right through trees for me and it gets mondo distance

I know a few guys that throw Gateway drivers. I throw several Assassins in different states of wear for my multi-purpose fairway driver.

I know a good place to get the Gateway Ninja and TONS of Discraft drivers (all brand new) CHEAP. Just tell him bcr123psu sent you ;)

Love the Assassin... bought a white one that was just incredible for good long turnovers... then I lost it
I bought a red one to replace the white one in the winter and it was kinda overstable... I don't get that at all.. same plastic and same wear... I hat+E that red one

ESP Force... awesome disc

Love the Assassin... bought a white one that was just incredible for good long turnovers... then I lost it
I bought a red one to replace the white one in the winter and it was kinda overstable... I don't get that at all.. same plastic and same wear... I hat+E that red one

A. I've heard a lot of good things about the Discraft Force.

B. If that red Assassin isn't doing it for you, let's talk.

Stalker flies like a longer Buzz and the Predator is the best overstable driver I've tried. Both are go to drivers in my bag. The Force is nice if you can throw 400' or so.

I don't know how you throw... I don't have the arm to throw a Force and haven't thrown a Stalker yet... I've read a lot of good things about the Stalker... it's probably the next driver I try out.

That being said, I really like the Wildcat driver. Discraft says it's rated 1.5, but the two I have, in X plastic, fly straight for a long way with just a little fade at the end.

I also like the Avenger SS in Z plastic. For long turnover drives... it's the best for me.

I don't have a "big arm"... my best drives have been with the Wildcat at about 350 feet on level ground. I consistently throw about 275 to 300 feet with it on the course.

try to get a glow stalker.. they are the best IMO

I use the Force in many different ways... it's great overhand (tomahawk and thumber)

That being said, I really like the Wildcat driver. Discraft says it's rated 1.5, but the two I have, in X plastic, fly straight for a long way with just a little fade at the end.

Kinda like a TeeBird then 'eh? I'm quite interested in one now.:thmbup:

I have an X-Avenger that I use for long range forehand rollers.

Kinda like a TeeBird then 'eh? I'm quite interested in one now.:thmbup:

A faster, longer, lower flying TeeBird is a perfect comparison. It doesn't need very much room to work. It's good in the open, but real good on wooded courses.

Note... you can turn them over!

Last edited:
I throw pretty much everything Innova, I have a couple Buzzz's though, but I was thinking about buying a Discraft or maybe even a Gateway driver. Anyone have any suggestions on any good ones?

Go with the crush...just a tad overstable and just a really good feel in your hand. I find it pretty useful for hyzer flips now that it's been beat in a little, but since I got it in Z plastic, it took a looooong time to beat in. Originally it was useful as a great downwind driver and it held up moderately well into a headwind. The anhyzer flex looked beautiful with it when it was fresh.

Gateway putters, Discraft Midrange, Innova Drivers

The nuke and force are overrated, imo if you try out something from discraft or gateway, don't throw the discraft equivalent to the Xcal and Katana. I really like the assassin from gateway, as well as any of their putters (not driver, I know). The only other driver by gateway I've had a lot of experience with is the Illusion, takes an arm to use it though. A couple discraft drivers worth looking into are:

Crush - dependable overstable driver
Flick - Very overstable, high speed stable. Great utility disc (forehand rollers, spike hyzers, overhands)
Wildcat - personal favorite, especially X plastic. Tight S curves when new, great for hyzer flips and anhyzers.
Avenger SS and Avenger - SS is flippy, Avenger is stable. Great distance control drivers.
Predator - a better firebird
Surge and SurgeSS - like a wraith and ss is like a beat in wraith right out of the box
Tracker - Starts out overstable, beats in just like a teebird. Takes a little bit more arm to use than a teebird until it's been worked a little.

I love the Surge from discraft, an excellent left to right with a gentle amount of fade. It's my favorite in Hot Pink ESP, the pink makes it go farther ;). For Gateway I love throwing the blaze in HPP, it heads out straight the fades very preditibly back, great for a gentle hook shot instead of a wicked hyzer.

I also like the Avenger SS in Z plastic. For long turnover drives... it's the best for me.

I don't have a "big arm"... my best drives have been with the Wildcat at about 350 feet on level ground. I consistently throw about 275 to 300 feet with it on the course.

Beat me to it. I would highly recommend this driver. :hfive:

Seems that we are about on the same level as far as our distance is eegor.