• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft MRV...whats it like

billnchristy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Anybody got love for these? I just picked up an elite-X one from Clearwater...just had to try one but the rim is deeeeeeep so I don't know if I will really dig it.

My friend throws one, and he's been rippin it for a while.
Seems to be a very straight midrange, I have seen some of the longest straight birdies hit with that thing.
He seems to throw it like I throw my flat top DX Roc, but his is a bit domier.

I think you'll like it, use it for short drives or tunnels shots.

Love em. Correct me if I'm wrong but I beleive it filled the buzzz spot and the mrx was the wasp. It flies like a domey buzzz. Definatly worth giving a try.

It's probably the best small diameter midrange ever produced. It's easily compared to a Roc, but is a little faster with a little less glide.

Because they had crappy names. Jj. I wanted to compare it to a roc but I'm just not that familliar with the different types.

Yeah disc review said like a beat in roc.

MRV not a good name??

It is part of a nuclear missile delivery system, what could beat that? ;)

I have one just sitting around for trade. I have had multiple tone aces with an MRV because it is so predictable.

I always wondered what mrv stood for until I got a mrx with a factory stamp of a discin guy in a superhero outfit and mrx shown as mr x. Now when I toss my mrv my buddy calls it mr. V. I like the weapons refference better.

I always wondered what mrv stood for until I got a mrx with a factory stamp of a discin guy in a superhero outfit and mrx shown as mr x. Now when I toss my mrv my buddy calls it mr. V. I like the weapons refference better.

MRV = Mid-Range Vector

The MRV is my favorite midrange disc ever

Are MRV's still in production? I didn't see it on their site (discraft) i did find one and ordered it for a Christmas present for a friend.

Not much in stock came up on the Google search or Ebay

Anybody got love for these? I just picked up an elite-X one from Clearwater...just had to try one but the rim is deeeeeeep so I don't know if I will really dig it.

All I know is Scott Stokely wets himself over the thing...

Never seen one. Well except on the stokely vids...

\/\/

Mine is still in my trunk, maybe I should whip it out.

sheriff-bart_l.jpg

'Scuse me while I whip this out

The MRV is the straightest midrange I own. I am a fan of the small diameter midranges (uh oh...someone doesn't like rocs and buzzzs!) and this one is great. I only carry it when I play a short course or one where the fairways are tight, but it knows it's role and does it well.

Latest posts