• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft's "Better Putting Practice"

tbird888

Salient Disc Test Team
Was looking around on youtube and found this. Didn't see anything about it here. I really like the "game" idea. Seems like an easy way to get a lot of practice.

I really like the idea of practicing only the putts you should make consistently (even if it's only 10' to 20' out). It seems like the entire Discraft team is inherent on confidence. Besides this video I really like the Perfect Putt 360. It's a game that also simulates the pressure you might feel in a tourney.

I have the ability to throw at a practice basket in my backyard from up to 400 feet away due to a field right behind my house. Anyway, I like to practice by going 150 feet out and ripping all 5 of my mids, and then taking my five putters and putting from each and every mid range until I make it. I gotta say, a few hours of this three times a week has helped me improve.

I have the ability to throw at a practice basket in my backyard from up to 400 feet away due to a field right behind my house. Anyway, I like to practice by going 150 feet out and ripping all 5 of my mids, and then taking my five putters and putting from each and every mid range until I make it. I gotta say, a few hours of this three times a week has helped me improve.

I do this all the time. I've got fields of rolling hills all around where I live/work, and I set up my SkillShot at random places around and do exactly what you are talking about.

Putting practice can be taught by one of the greatest golfers in the world, Greg Norman:

http://www.shark.com/sharkwatch/instruction/lesson56.php

Apply his lengths to DG lengths; 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 etc...

In golf, as well as DG, if you apply the same standard of "I HAVE to make 25 putts in row before practice is over", you will achieve that nervous tension that is needed to sharpen your mental edge.

Its all about getting comfortable where you normally feel uncomfortable putting, and then moving to where you're uncomfortable and practicing from there :)

Latest posts