• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discrafts misprint deal is awesome

I did, but somehow people kept buying them from me and trading for them and now I don't have that many left :( How else do you expect me to make friends?
Well you should sell me some in that case, you can never have too many friends :)

When will BCR buy wholesale???

Better question: When will bcr wake up and start actually throwing DC?

Kind of odd that bcr keeps referring to himself in the third person, but...

bcr is probably going to be swapping out his Wraiths for Surges just because bcr has so many of them in the same weights (and similar plastics) as his Wraiths. So that will mean that bcr throws two Discraft molds and his bag will look like:

Innova molds: 5
Discraft molds: 2
Gateway molds: 1

I could, but only if I put on a tourney:

From the Discraft website:
Our 2010 tournament sponsorship packages apply only to custom printed tournament golf discs. Minimum order: 100 pieces minimum with a 25-piece minimum per model. Your art work must include the tournament date and name to be eligible.

So I'd have to put out a minimum of $650 for discs and I'd only get four molds. I'm probably going to be putting on a tourney in December and I'll certainly cross this bridge then, but in the meantime, $7.50 is still the best deal around.

I think you do get more putters and mids in that pack but Ive never personally ordered one

I could, but only if I put on a tourney:

So I'd have to put out a minimum of $650 for discs and I'd only get four molds. I'm probably going to be putting on a tourney in December and I'll certainly cross this bridge then, but in the meantime, $7.50 is still the best deal around.

Can't you buy wholesale from discraft with orders as little to either 20 or 25 discs?

Those prices are cheap and you get to pick discs and weights if I remember correctly?

Does anyone ever get the $50 Pro-d/El.X deal?
Just wondering if this is where you get the putters/mids...

The only time that I ordered the D/X deal, there were 6 putters in there. This was our total haul (back in December):

168g Elite-X Soft APX
168g Elite-X Soft APX
171g Pro-D Soft Magnet
150g Pro-D Magnet
150g Pro-D Magnet
172g Elite-X Soft Banger GT

174g Pro-D Buzzz
174g Elite-X Avenger
165g Elite-X XL
168g Elite-X XL

Can't you buy wholesale from discraft with orders as little to either 20 or 25 discs?

Those prices are cheap and you get to pick discs and weights if I remember correctly?

skinner21 did the legwork on this research and it would be $9 before shipping for the ESP (so $9.50 shipped). When you're getting 30-40 discs each order, that $2 per disc adds up fast.

but wouldn't you get that back easy by being able to sell non misprint discs, exactly of what people want for $2 more and not have any ****ty discs?

It may have been closer to $10.50 per disc wholesale. I did a cost/benefit analysis and the misprints yielded a higher profit margin.

To your other point, it's knowing what people want that would be tough with buying wholesale. Usually excessively misprinted supply means demand for a certain mold.

good point. also because all discraft discs have some love out there. the more we talk about it the more i want to pick up another misprint pack.

picked up a banger gt in pro(?) plastic sunday and it feels pretty good.

must resist temptation....

Does anyone ever get the $50 Pro-d/El.X deal?
Just wondering if this is where you get the putters/mids...

I ordered this pack sometime last year (I posted in this thread when I got the pack). If I recall correctly I got a pro-d challenger, an elite X challenger, and a X putt'r. So I think you definitely do have a good chance of getting putters in the pro-D/X pack. As for mids, I actually don't think I got any mids in that pack, but I am sure it is possible.

i friend of mine orders the misprint packs for a local charity tournament he holds every year. he usually gets 5 packs for 50 discs to give for a players pack. there are always some very sweet discs he gets. also ordering misprints keeps the cost down so he can raise money for the charity

Just received my first order of misprints, I received the following. :D

Buzzz FLX Esp 171
Buzzz Esp 172
Surge FLX Esp 166
Force Esp 173
Force Esp 174
Surge SS FLX Esp 169
Predator FLX Esp 167
Avenger FLX Esp 171
Surge Esp 173
Dirty Dozen Tour Triple Stamp ?????? 164 :wall:

Any guesses as to what the last one is?