• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs stolen

I can't figure something out. Isn't that a big reason we all love disc golf, that it's so inexpensive to play? A disc golfer loses all their gear and goes through the trouble to ask for free gear from strangers on a forum? Why not just take a few weeks off playing, skip a few trips to Starbucks, save up ~$200 and BOOM - you now have enough to buy all the gear you need on your own and you're back in the game. Doing that seams easier than going through the trouble of sponging off randos on DGCR. Lolx1000.

^great point...

honestly, I can have three discs in my hand and feel pretty confident about playing any course...
and with just 3 discs, well, who needs a real disc golf bag?

Did you file a police report? If they catch the person that did it you may get your property back that way.

My discs were stolen a while back, I filed a police report, and then got a call a few weeks later that they had some recovered some discs. It was only a dozen of the 50 or so I had stolen, but hey, better than nothing, and now I get to testify in court against the douche.

Its been my experience over the years that oftentimes, those who need the most help, are the least likely to ask for it. I'm sort of proud of DGCR that we unanimously think this is a scam.

But since my heart has not beeen fully jaded by those trying to take advantage of the kindness of others, I DO wish the OP the best. On the very slim chance this is legit.

If a local got his stuff stolen and needed help, he would ask locally, not from strangers across the interwebz.

And locals would shower him with discs for free or really cheap.

If my bag got stolen, my wife would remind me I still have a zillion other discs at home I could use...........

It sucks that the "countless" people you have helped in the past can't/won't reciprocate. I can probably help if you're in the DFW area. We try to take care of our own around here. I would need to meet you though.

If a local got his stuff stolen and needed help, he would ask locally, not from strangers across the interwebz.

And locals would shower him with discs for free or really cheap.

If my bag got stolen, my wife would remind me I still have a zillion other discs at home I could use...........

Mine too :p

Weird the OP hasn't been involved in this thread much. It's like he was just looking for free discs...

I don't know why I didn't think to ask for free discs when mine were stolen... :|

Nobody even offered...

If they did I don't know if I would have accepted...

Maybe if it was something I needed I would have offered to pay for it...

I will admit that I did some searching in the market place and facebook pages for replacements of some of the harder to find stuff, and the thought did cross my mind that if I told my sob story maybe I could get a better deal, but I was still willing to pay full price...

I don't know what I'm trying to say, I'm just talking...

don't worry Martin... I think we all get it... your word is golden around these parts :)

I can't figure something out. Isn't that a big reason we all love disc golf, that it's so inexpensive to play? A disc golfer loses all their gear and goes through the trouble to ask for free gear from strangers on a forum? Why not just take a few weeks off playing, skip a few trips to Starbucks, save up ~$200 and BOOM - you now have enough to buy all the gear you need on your own and you're back in the game. Doing that seams easier than going through the trouble of sponging off randos on DGCR. Lolx1000.

Logic, common sense and some thriftiness, then of course you should have enough money to replace your discs/bag. If I lost my discs, I would have vented on here forever or until I say: Serenity Now, but I would have never asked for discs because I have back ups for most of my discs.

If I didn't have back ups, you bet your behind I would have been online getting F2's at Innova's pro shop, DGU or some other site trying to score what I had at a reduced price.