• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs stolen

Jliving

So recently my car was broken into my whole bag was stolen right now don't have the money to buy anymore discs I had mostly discraft and innova discs any one think they could donate a fellow disc golfer any disc or a bag please

Most of the time thieves will see a complicated-looking backpack or bag and think it's got a laptop or tablet or something expensive inside. When they find a ton of funny-looking frisbees, they get mad and just ditch the thing. Scour all the alleyways, dumpsters, trash cans, and the like in a three-block radius and you may just find your stuff.

Edit: Also, you're posting on a brand-new account. That sets off my scam radar. I'm sure you will understand why.

Oh yeah I completely understand where you're coming from this is a legit.. I for one have helped countless people with discs from new players to people that got jacked but yeah I figured this might help me sorry

Why don't you post some specifics on what got stolen; discs, bag etc. It may help if anyone sees anything out there or being sold somewhere online too.

Check your local Play It Again Sports and pawn shops. Watch Ebay and Craigslist. Hopefully you've reported it to the police. The idiots will try to get a buck off the stuff somewhere.

So recently my car was broken into my whole bag was stolen right now don't have the money to buy anymore discs I had mostly discraft and innova discs any one think they could donate a fellow disc golfer any disc or a bag please
This raised my scam radar until...

Oh yeah I completely understand where you're coming from this is a legit.. I for one have helped countless people with discs from new players to people that got jacked but yeah I figured this might help me sorry

...you posted that.

Now I know it's not a scam. :rolleyes:

I've sold things on Craigslist, and I ALWAYS get the scam emails from people wanting to buy my stuff. The emails always have poor grammar and no punctuation.

OP I could help you out though, I've got a Champion Groove. Not for free, of course :D

try to steal my bag and my guard dog will MESS YOU UP !!!

13263922_10210003774156658_2418863385397970318_n.jpg

It's only a scam if he's a Nigerian Prince, extremely talented, and going to give all his winnings back to whoever donates discs to him. At least he didn't ask people to send him money....

It happened in July of 2009... so quite some time ago...

I joined just after this all went down with war eagle... but, I did read the that scam thread at some point a few years after it happened... that was really, really disappointing to see another disc golfer do that to people who were sincerely being generous...

I don't recall if that was the exact reason he was banned, but I do know that he wasn't exactly a stand-up member of DGCR... obviously... Tim prob got sick of his antics and dropped the hammer on him...

Yeah... don't come on here with a new account asking for charity... I mean, really?! Contribute here and be an upstanding member... then if sh*t goes down for you this community will likely be incredibly generous...

I'm sorry OP... I call shenanigans regardless of how sincere you are being... if the reason isn't obvious then I don't think we will ever agree on this.

I have had a bag stolen and all my discs in my garage stole on separate occasions and had a few people step in giving me a few discs it was nice, which is why I give to people on my home courses...ask around there if you are in need

I joined just after this all went down with war eagle... but, I did read the that scam thread at some point a few years after it happened... that was really, really disappointing to see another disc golfer do that to people who were sincerely being generous...

I see comments like this all over disc golf social media and wonder why people think because a person plays disc golf they must be a good person.

Baffles me.