• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs stolen

I'm sorry but this is a bs beg thread...

Looks like it.

But I still can't figure out why someone would spend the time and burn the calories necessary to cook up a dummy profile on a disc golf forum so he could shake down a bunch of disc golfers, maybe the most hard-up group of people in the world, for what he couldn't have expected to be much more than $50 in plastic. Whoever it is must not value their time too much.

It'd be easier for this guy to go to a wooded course and look for lost & forgotten discs. Somebody this unscrupulous should have no problem finding a bunch of plastic in the woods and then not contacting their rightful owners.

It also occurs to me how cheap used plastic is at shops. $5 for a piece of used DX plastic? If that? This guy must have a tough time eating.

^ What you described involves effort and going outside, he is most likely looking for a hand out or looking to take advantage of people for sport. Hell, for all we know he doesn't even play disc golf. He could take these disc and sell them or partake in some crazy three way disc fetish only legal in Finland, who knows!

All I know is this is an ingenious template for begging:

So recently my car was broken into and my identity was stolen. Right now don't have the money to buy a new identity I had mostly good credit and stuff. Any one think they could donate a fellow disc golfer their identity?

So recently my car was broken into and my whole car was stolen. Right now don't have the money to buy a new car I had mostly Lamborghini's and Porsche's Any one think they could donate a fellow disc golfer a Lamborghini?

Hey give the man a break, he tried :doh::doh::doh::doh:

Totally just kidding. Sounds like he copied this from a craigslist posting or something where they'll send you like $500 - 1k more than what you're asking hoping you'll send them the item first without them sending the money.... They all have the same template :thmbdown::thmbdown::thmbdown:

I can't figure something out. Isn't that a big reason we all love disc golf, that it's so inexpensive to play? A disc golfer loses all their gear and goes through the trouble to ask for free gear from strangers on a forum? Why not just take a few weeks off playing, skip a few trips to Starbucks, save up ~$200 and BOOM - you now have enough to buy all the gear you need on your own and you're back in the game. Doing that seams easier than going through the trouble of sponging off randos on DGCR. Lolx1000.

I do not think I am going to share my address anytime in the near future, and after I am done posting this, I better go remove it from my car, but this sport can get expensive if you let it.

Delta Cart + several easily replaceable but higher grade plastic + a handful of PFN + a handful of "Air Force" drivers + several DyeMax because it was the only way to get that disc in that plastic = suddenly looking at an investment well over 800 dollars that can be quickly and easily stolen but near impossible to replace quickly.

Yes, I could easily go out and buy three new discs and be competitive enough, but I invested because that is what I want to throw.

This is not really anything more than just a statement that it had me thinking of how much I truly have sitting around in my car. Even my back-up bag, a fully loaded Grip, is well over a 500 dollar investment. It is not like I have sitting around in sight, but most of the free time I have to play is directly after I get done teaching. If I were to go home because I left my discs there, I am likely staying home and getting other things done.

It is not like I have sitting around in sight, but most of the free time I have to play is directly after I get done teaching. If I were to go home because I left my discs there, I am likely staying home and getting other things done.

While I don't have anywhere near as much money invested as you, I too leave all my disc golf stuff in the car in case I want to hit a course after work on the way home. Seems if I go home first I never end up going back out (at least not to play disc golf...).

Never leave your gear in your car, that should just be obvious.

Scumbags will never hesitate to help themselves to your stuff, and I don't imagine they'll be putting your 'stupid Frisbees' back when they find out that isn't electronics or other valuables in the bag they stole out of your car/truck.

TLDR:

Don't leave stuff in your vehicle that you don't mind having to replace.

Latest posts