• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discs that are near the AvengerSS

Get a new AvengerSS , Try a Thrasher, or I would recommend an MVP Proton INERTIA. It has nice small turn , fast and easy to point and deliver. Proton is the plastic, its like Z or Champ. Neutron is a lil' softer and mine show more turn than the proton, My guess is you're ready to try a Thrasher. But if you want something with a similar flight but smaller/easier rim to hold, the Inertia has been my favorite.

When I was throwing 270-285 consistently I grabbed a Z Thrasher and it instantly added 15-30 ft to my drives, no joke. But I also had an ESP avenger SS and it was NOT inconsistent for me so not sure if you will see same results or not... If you do grab a Thrasher maybe 166-168 weight.

I would NOT recommend an Inertia- too stable at 260, will be a meathook at those distances (I've had both Neutron and Proton).

Z plastic is sort of like champ but seems like the newer Z is much gummier than older Z if you like that.

I went to the store and found some information. The Mantis has a smaller rim than the Avenger SS so I figured that it was a lower speed disc with a higher stability rating. The Flash has a higher stability, but the Surge SS has a higher speed by 1 and a lower stability according to online, but they are the same according to Discraft.

I decided to get a champion Teebird, Z Flash and Z Surge SS. I did buy lower weight discs since I normally used max weight discs in the past. If I didn't get a good disc for throwing I can grow into it or it at least becomes my new flick disc. My buddy will like the Teebird too since he enjoyed the Gazelle and we wore that one out to where its beat up real good. Thank you everyone for your comments. I do appreciate them.

When I was throwing 270-285 consistently I grabbed a Z Thrasher and it instantly added 15-30 ft to my drives, no joke. But I also had an ESP avenger SS and it was NOT inconsistent for me so not sure if you will see same results or not... If you do grab a Thrasher maybe 166-168 weight.

I would NOT recommend an Inertia- too stable at 260, will be a meathook at those distances (I've had both Neutron and Proton).

Z plastic is sort of like champ but seems like the newer Z is much gummier than older Z if you like that.

hmm. I found the newer Z much more firm and I loved it!

i need to get rid of 2 nice Z avenger SS if anyone's interested.
it's a good disc but i've moved on

Latest posts