• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Discs that finish right

What's with all the maligning personal attacks? You disagree on semantics and get spiteful and condescending? Let's stick to the topic...

Understable discs may finish straight or even to the right, but if you are a newer player, this is your best time to learn a forehand throw. I've been in the sport 13 years and this year was the first time I REALLY worked on getting my forehand into shape. I've always had to rely on anhyzers and turnovers to face a left to right hole. Forehand just feels unnatural to me. However, with time and practice, (especially early on in playing) this is the shot I think you're really asking for, OP. (shocked this hasn't been brought up, by the way) An understable disc, hyzerflip, or turnover can never perform as well for the "right finish" OP is asking about. Moreover, few newer players will be able to achieve a hyzerflip or predictably place a turnover well.

If OP is like me and just feels physically awkward trying to forehand, my best advice is just to practice and make yourself do it. I regret not spending more time on it earlier. Stubbornly saying something "didn't feel natural" and trying to rely on other shots has been not only hard on my body, it has cost strokes, league rounds, tournaments, and encouraged poor form by trying to force the incorrect shot.

Here he is with his flippy big distance Destroyer. Yes I know the shape of the shot called for this flight path. But this is the same flight path he would use this disc for all the time for big distance.

Nice! thx. Yeah, he had to turn it over to avoid the big tree almost in center of fairway. All I'm saying is that's not a go-to driving line for Pro's, and they certainly don't have to throw turnover drives just to get distance, as was claimed earlier in this thread. McBeth can easily crush a hyzer-flip/straight drive for big distance, and does all the time.

He also throws a Krait big guy.

Doesn't need a flippy Destroyer.

And you can't use your experience of flipping everything into OB, because we're talking about pros.

LOL...I'm not the guy who's advocating flexing over every drive to eke out the most distance. Try a hyzer-flip or fade drive Dan, really.

...I'm sure you would have liked the big anhyzer-flex drive I threw the other day with a QOLF, in a fairly tight fairway with trees/bushes on both sides. Not the drive I usually use on that hole, but just for the heck of it. Landed in center of the fairway. QOLF...control! Have you thrown a QOLF, Dan? Or is it too flippy for you?

and they certainly don't have to throw turnover drives just to get distance, as was claimed earlier in this thread.
Except they DO use turnovers for max distance WHEN THE HOLE ALLOWS.

Any chance you can just stop posting in here? You aren't adding to the discussion, you are derailing **** on semantic debates and - even with video evidence - you still won't admit you are wrong.

Please go away.

This is a weird thread.

Turnovers and forehands are not equal.

Fade will never get you as far around a corner as a good turnover.

Both shots have an essential place in a good dger's toolbox.

Good players throw their highest percentage shot to get the best fairway placement possible.

If you want to get good at turnovers (or forehands or disc golf for that matter...) get yourself a neutral disc within your arm speed and learn it well. Learn to put it on every angle, how to power it to shape your shots, and then branch out from there to find discs that are more or less stable for you that will add shot shapes to your bag.

Latest posts