• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Discs you don't use a LOT but still 'Need'

My champ gator, super flat glow firebird, and my Anthon destroyer (which I am probably replacing with a bottom stamp pop-top). All really OS, and rarely used, but I'm really happy to have them when I need em

FAF 12X Firebird. It's almost too overstable to be useful and then certain situations arise and your glad you bag it.

The disc that this thread is asking about for me WAS the Destroyer. I kept it in the bag for those times where I felt that my Wraiths couldn't handle the situation. What I've realized is that 175g Champion Wraiths can do anything a Destroyer can with the right release angle and less effort. Everything in my bag right now is vital and gets pulled out at some point on most courses.

Lucid Enforcer: only when I need a distance driver into a headwind. Used our once Saturday over the course of 38 holes.
JL Gator: gets used more than the Enforcer, just not nearly as much as my Ghosts

I can't play a round without something beefy, like a Resistor or a Motion. I might go a whole round or even two without throwing them, but having that overstable disc in the bag is essential when needed.

I often feel I have to carry my Epic even though I only use it to drive on one hole of my home course. The rest of my bag is very simple but for that up and over drive with a right turn in it... Just feel like I need that crappy tommy disc.

I have two: CE Firebird and my Classic Blend Suspect. My Firebird is still beefy and skippy, but not exactly a utility. I find myself using it more in tournaments than in casual play. Really its for when I need a Banshee.shot but with an added 20 to 30 feet of distance. Not as go - to as my QOLF or Volt by any means.

I bag two Suspects and my Bio Fusion just gets way more flight time. I only use the Classic Blend when it's wet or when I'm making a serious ace bid.

i barely ever use my hornet. its like there isnt a use for overstable mids ;)

but seriously i dont use it much, nor my ti stalker or firebird but im sure glad i have them when i need it. for wind or good hooks

My hornet is the only one that stands out. Now that I mention it I want to find another nice wasp...it's been a while since my last one beat in a little too much. I do have several other less important discs in my bag but they're for fun.

It seems like all of these are just utility discs. I suppose mine would be Flick, Firebird, and Zone which are all my super overstable plastic. Don't need to use them often, but they help out in a pinch. The other would be my 86 Softie, don't use it much inside the circle, but if I need a flippy putter, it definitely fits the bill!

My pig and gator, considering I don't see much wind up in the mountains.

VP, DX Cobra, and a Ch Mamba.
I have some overlap with theses discs in the bag, but it just doesn't feel right without them.

xxx and a beat up lace. can't be without the windproof meathook, and that lace does stuff that I can't manage with anything else. I'll go several rounds in a row without using either one, but the xxx at least won't be leaving anytime soon.

My Double D. I use it on only 1 hole at my home course and nowhere else. It's too overstable for me to personally use properly on a flat hole, but I use it to carve around a huge willow, downhill, over a pond and park it for a birdie 50% of the time. Plus it floats incase I do end up short over the water.

154g Champ Firebird. It's so overstable that I pretty much only use it for thumbers. It stays in my bag because I always seem to throw at least one thumber during a round, and when i need to throw that shot the 150 class champ Firebird is the only disc I reach for.

Lucid Enforcer, Lucid Verdict, Opto Trident.

All overstable and only come out for big winds or specialty reasons but I always have them. I do use my moonshine verdict that is a little beat in but only when I can't be sure one of my truths won't flip and turn over completely on me in a headwind. The other verdict is a more OS lucid one and I keep it pretty fresh and never have much need to throw it. It's more a backup. The enforcer is only for big spike hyzers or skip shots or tornado like headwinds. Otherwise I can count on my really beefy pink first run lucid trespass. Trident gets used more but still not much. Only for specialty flicks and times I need a overhand throw or something powered down that goes left and skips good.

I keep a tournament Tursas in the bag for utility, short turning shots, get out of trouble forehands, and slow, glidey approaches with no fade. I also keep a Panzer for putts and close range approaches when there is a headwind. I might throw those two less than 5 times a round on an average day.

The Zone. I love the disc but only use it on certain occasions.
Leopard. Even though I love it I seem to reach for the seasoned roc when choosing between the 2.
Nuke OS. Overhand and when I am throwing a forehand into a headwind that has ob on the left. We have that hole at my home course and it is the reason that disc is in my bag.

Mine would be the lat64 diamond lite. I found it months ago and after playing around and getting used to it it has become the rhbh disc that I can throw level and it will just immediately start turning and gently gliding right forever. Was a learning curve but it never turns and burns just glides right. I can't sidearm for **** so when a hole is really just a sidearm or sharp long Anny hole I pull out this.

Latest posts